Melbourne Football

MH 2013/2014 Starting 11 based on contracted players only

Torn Asunder

Ive got a good feeling about Gol Gol this season. Also expect some nice cameos from Kalmar. I think we definitly need Mass playing every game, he just runs and runs and runs and if Paddy G's fitness is a concern for the DM role Mass could be used to bridge that deficiency I think.  Willo is too up and down for me so id have Ramsay in before him. We could potentially have some great wing play with the likes of Behich/Ramsay Walker/Duga

Walker  PaddyK Weilaert Behich

PaddyG

Murdocca       Kewell

Duga               Gol Gol/Visa           Ramsay

Kalmar. Williams. Vranks. Germano. Tando (sigh)

Edited by Dylan

Ive got a good feeling about Gol Gol this season. Also expect some nice cameos from Kalmar. I think we definitly need Mass playing every game, he just runs and runs and runs and if Paddy G's fitness is a concern for the DM role Mass could be used to bridge that deficiency I think.  Willo is too up and down for me so id have Ramsay in before him. We could potentially have some great wing play with the likes of Behich/Ramsay Walker/Duga

PaddyG

Murdocca       Kewell

This is how I'd do it too, if our Visa striker turns out to be amazing then I'd nearly almost have Gol Gol ahead of Mate on the right wing but either way, soooo much depth!

PaddyG

Murdocca       Kewell

This is how I'd do it too, if our Visa striker turns out to be amazing then I'd nearly almost have Gol Gol ahead of Mate on the right wing but either way, soooo much depth!

If we can sign a really good visa striker I too would go with Golgol on the RW. But I would definitely have Mate in the match-day squad ahead of, say, Williams, because Mate is more than competent in midfield as well.

PaddyG

Murdocca       Kewell

If we can sign a really good visa striker I too would go with Golgol on the RW. But I would definitely have Mate in the match-day squad ahead of, say, Williams, because Mate is more than competent in midfield as well.

True, Mate is technically a better player and if he can get back to his 2011/12 form he has the potential to be one of the most important players at the club. Gol Gol's got that explosive x-factor though so I guess it'll come down to what we need on the day in terms of opposition, form etc.

Redmayne

Walker Kisnorbo Wielaert Behich

Murdocca Kewell Gerhardt

Mebrahtu VISA CF Ramsay

Velaphi Vrankovic Germano Dugandzic Williams

Not a bad team, good mix of everything.  If there was one area to improve I think midfield mobility, it looks to be a wing player / counter attack team more than a posession team.

• Like 1

Redmayne

Walker  Kisnorbo  Weilaart  Behich

Gerhardt     Murdocca 

Kewell

Dugandzic                  Ramsay

Mifsud (?) 

Bench: Velaphi, Vrankovic, Germano, Kalmar, Mebrahtu

Yeah, I would go with that line up also.

Certainly a more dynamic side than previous seasons.

• Like 1

Redmayne

Walker Kisnorbo Weilaart Behich

Gerhardt Murdocca

Kewell

Dugandzic Ramsay

Mifsud (?)

Perfect line up however Williams on LW instead of Ramsay, who's on the bench for Kalmar.

Williams is over-rated mate. That line-up is perfect. Williams should only come in if someone gets injured.

• Like 3

Redmayne

Walker  Kisnorbo  Weilaart  Behich

Gerhardt     Murdocca 

Kewell

Dugandzic                  Ramsay

Mifsud (?) 

The only problem with this is you have four potential centre backs in the team. I think Vrankovich is a great talent and I really think the kid shows great promise. National selection in underage teams, and we certainly looked better playing out with him last year when Colossimo is out. I worry he won't get enough game time this year, but looking at the age and injury history of our two CBs this year, he may be called upon quite often to start. I believe in our youth policy, but the imports we've got would suggest the club do not. I would have loved to have seen Vrankovich trusted to be a starter at CB and watch him develop. He is our future - I just wonder how long he'll hang around on the bench.

With the above team, if a CB goes down you've got the option of Gerhardt slotting in and putting on a fresh midfielder. If the LB or RB goes down or is being skinned too easily, can Vrankovich play there to cover?? I havent seen him play there and would put this to the forum. We've seen Germano play there, but he's not ideal and I'm wondering if we have anyone in the squad who would cover those positions better than Germano? Germano does give flexibility as he can cover DM or back and with small squads this is useful, but having an extra CB on the bench limits bench flexibility.

A bench is used for injuries/poor day, locking down a game or chasing a game. I just don't know if there's enough grunt on that current bench to chase a game - something we needed to do a fair bit last year!! I'm not sure what Garrucio or Mauk could bring, but it would be worth testing out. The lack of adventure from the coach last year really concerned me, and there are times you need to roll the dice, take a risk and show a bit of flair, especially in midfield. It can blow up of course, but how many times did we sit there watching last year begging for someone to come off the bench and have a real crack!?! The perfect time to tap the enthusiasm of youth I think. Gol gol is there and will give something, but is a bit up and down which is fine - he is developing. But another aggressive option on the bench would be fun to watch.

i get the feeling the 'youth policy' went out the window in favour of actually competing on a level playing field with everyone else.

I think that pragmatism has caused us to to modify whatever the policy actually was. I also think that JA is possibly not as keen on young players as JvS was.

Nevertheless, IMO it is still our aim to assist young Australian footballers pursue a professional career if we can and if they are good enough, and we are still doing that with the likes of Walker, Mauk and Garuccio who are on their first full-time contracts. We are still pursuing our "Community Football" activities and we are intending to start an academy.

I don't think the "youth policy" ever meant signing every 22-25 y-o Australian who is trying to get a contract back here after not quite making it overseas.

Ok I'm going assume that migliorini is signed which seems only a matter of time now

Redmayne

Walker Wielardr Kisnorbo Behich

Murdocca Migliorini

Dugandzic Kewell Mebrahtu

Mifsud

Subs: Velaphi Gerhardt Ramsay Kalmar Germano

Obviously a bit of guess work with Andrea but if the bloke can get into the country 2 days before and have the impact he did in Perth, I find that pretty exciting. Also obviously not including Orlando.

Amazing how after being arguably our best player last season, Gerhardt's now a good chance to not be in our best XI.

I guess it just goes to show just how far our squad has come from last season tbh.

That said, I don't recall us ever having a full squad available for selection so everybody will get their chance whether it be through injury, suspension or international call-ups, depth can ONLY be a good thing!

Redmayne

Walker - wieerlart - Kisnorbo  - Behich

Murdocca -Migliorini 

Dugandzic -  Kewell  - Ramsay 

Mifsud

Subs: Velaphi Gerhardt Mebrahtu Kalmar williams

THATS IT ABOVE only thing that could be changed is Paddy G  starting over the italian

Ok I'm going assume that migliorini is signed which seems only a matter of time now

Redmayne

Walker Wielardr Kisnorbo Behich

Murdocca Migliorini

Dugandzic Kewell Mebrahtu

Mifsud

Subs: Velaphi Gerhardt Ramsay Kalmar Germano

Obviously a bit of guess work with Andrea but if the bloke can get into the country 2 days before and have the impact he did in Perth, I find that pretty exciting. Also obviously not including Orlando.

lol not even close :P

Like I have said before, IMO Gerhardt must surely still be in our best XI. At this stage he still would be my number 1 choice for CB but there is a good chance that changes.

Also, like Nate said it's good to have depth, there is always injuries/fitness concerns/form etc. so a best XI is sort of irrelevant.

Misfud will miss round 1, Wielaert is a doubt and I don't think Gol Gol is playing atm so he might be missing too. Better off trying to pick a team for round 1 and taking it from there imo.

You are smoking crack if you are seriously considering starting a player who has played one good trial match (that nobody on here has seen btw) over someone who was our second best player behind Richard 'moneybags' Garcia. Migilori may be a good player but if he was to start of Paddy in round 1 i would seriously consider sacking JA after the game.

Migilori has played 45 minutes and in tricky conditions, I'm sure he is decent but I don't really see him walking straight into the starting 11 over PG.

Also not sure what's happening is with Walker and Hoffman, Walker seams to have dropped down the pecking order in favour for Hoff who has played the majority at LB!! Dunno what the deal is there, but I hope that's not the case.  :huh:
  :huh:  :huh: 

At this stage I'd assume JA's best 11, for the first part of the season at least, would look very much like this:

534045_10202093648567977_508944506_n.jpg

• Like 2

Migilori has played 45 minutes and in tricky conditions, I'm sure he is decent but I don't really see him walking straight into the starting 11 over PG.

Also not sure what's happening is with Walker and Hoffman, Walker seams to have dropped down the pecking order in favour for Hoff who has played the majority at LB!! Dunno what the deal is there, but I hope that's not the case.  :huh:  :huh:  :huh: 

At this stage I'd assume JA's best 11, for the first part of the season at least, would look very much like this:

Whoa, sexy graphic!

But yeah, this is how I see it being too providing we have a full squad to select from.

Also not sure what's happening is with Walker and Hoffman, Walker seams to have dropped down the pecking order in favour for Hoff who has played the majority at LB!! Dunno what the deal is there, but I hope that's not the case. :huh: :huh: :huh:

By looking at this, it'd make sense for Gerhardt to swap sides with Murdocca to cover for Behich.

Also not sure what's happening is with Walker and Hoffman, Walker seams to have dropped down the pecking order in favour for Hoff who has played the majority at LB!! Dunno what the deal is there, but I hope that's not the case. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Just like my favourite custom fifa formation