Melbourne Football

MH 2013/2014 Starting 11 based on contracted players only

Torn Asunder

... back by popular demand (and the fact that it is a long long off season!!)

Here is my 1st choice at present .... go to town!

----------------------Redmayne--------------------------

Walker -----PG-------------Wielaert -----------Ramsay

--------------Murdocca-----Germano-------------------

Mate----------------Kewell--------------------------Willo

----------------------Golgol--------------------------------

Bench:Vranks, Mcallister, Kalmar, Garuccio, GK?

Coach: JA

Assistant: HF

unused: Hoffman, Mitchinson

• 4 weeks later...

I'm bored.

Currently, I'd throw out this formation.

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt - Weileart - Ramsay

Germano - Murdocca

Kewell

Dugandzic - Mebrahtu - Williams

BENCH - GK - Vrankovic - Mauk - Macallister

We also know that we are looking for a DM and a ST. Provided they are quality, I would put the DM in for Germano and take Mauk off the Bench, and bring the Striker on , pushing Mebrahtu wide, Wiliams on the bench and Macallister dropped.

• Like 1

If the return of Behich is confirmed I would suggest he should slot in at LB and push Ramsay forward.

I agree that the "vulnerable" players in your team who could well be benched/dropped are Germano, Williams, Mauk and Macallister.

• Like 1

I'm bored.

Currently, I'd throw out this formation.

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt - Weileart - Ramsay

Germano - Murdocca

Kewell

Dugandzic - Mebrahtu - Williams

BENCH - GK - Vrankovic - Mauk - Macallister

We also know that we are looking for a DM and a ST. Provided they are quality, I would put the DM in for Germano and take Mauk off the Bench, and bring the Striker on , pushing Mebrahtu wide, Wiliams on the bench and Macallister dropped.

I'd be starting Kewell as either a striker or winger, this is where he will be played if he makes the Socceroos, it's where he'll be most motivated to perform and where his relative lack of pace will be less of an issue. There's also a case for using him as a false 9 with inverted wingers.

You're wasting Golgol as a striker... his main strength in the a-league is running at defenders - I'd shift him to the wing and let Kewell use his experience and nous up front. Kewell is good in the air as well.... something we have lacked since Aloisi retired.

If Behich is back..

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt - Weilart - Behich

Germano - Murdocca

. Kewell

. Dugandzic - Mebrahtu - Ramsay

Bench: Vranks, Kalmar, Willo (GK)

If we can bring in a quality striker and a general in the DM + MAYBE garcia if re-signed, we would be looking good for the season ahead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well since Engelaar is almost a certainty.

Walker Wielaert Gerhardt Behich

Engelaar Murdocca

Kewell

Dugandzic    Visa or Mebrahtu         Ramsay

Perhaps the best thing about our squad is the depth...

Kalmar,Williams,  Germano, Garuccio, Mitchinson, Billy

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

Best squad we've ever had to be honest, looking the goods!

A lot will still depend on our final international signing though, the difference between a quality striker and another potential Maycon could be the difference between us challenging for the title and scraping to make finals.

• Like 1

Redmayne

Wielaert - Gerhardt - Vrankovic

Walker -Engelaar -Kewell- Murdocca- Behich

Williams-Mebrahtu

B: Velaphi, Germano, Kalmar,Dugandzic ,Ramsey

I would play a 3-5-2 with the squad we currently have, we now have a very attacking line up which could cause a lot of problems and will create a lot more problems if we sign a gun striker.

Redmayne

Walker - Wielaert - Gerhardt - Behich

Engelaar - Murdocca

Williams- Kewell - Ramsey

Visa Striker 

Subs: Velaphi, Germano, Kalmar, Mebrahtu, Dugandzic

No doubt our side will look more like this come round 1. Almost one of the most freighting attacking line ups in the league Williams and Ramsey will run rings around most defenders with there freighting face.

Edited by AntiScum

Funny to think that a month ago we were screwed and the club would fold cause we hadn't signed anyone. Patience is a virtue

Pretty much what I've been saying we have addressed our two key issues from last year now ie a ball playing organising defender and a dm that can boss games for us. I think any clown can kick goals if we can control games. Could it be Hoffmans time to shine......

Given the signings so far I'm confident of getting a forward that will fit the system.

The best thing about our squad now is our depth.

We have multiple (and capable) options in every single position now so things such as injuries, suspensions, national team call-ups, training camps and so forth that have plagued us in the past should no longer be a problem this season.

Super confident! 

My ideal starting line up would be;

Redmayne

Walker - Wielaert - Vrankovic - Behich

Engelaar - Murdocca

Kewell- Kalmar - Ramsey

Visa Striker 

still have massive faith in Kalmar. Will be a solid A-league player good, but never quite good enough to leave us. I also think now that we have a decent holding midfielder its time for PG to be taken out of the starting line up. He was a good player laying good last ditch tackles when we were under the pump, but now that we look like we will have a team that can actually attack you need the defence to be able to play the ball out. Vrankovic can do this.

• Like 2

My ideal starting line up would be;

Redmayne

Walker - Wielaert - Vrankovic - Behich

Engelaar - Murdocca

Kewell- Kalmar - Ramsey

Visa Striker 

still have massive faith in Kalmar. Will be a solid A-league player good, but never quite good enough to leave us. I also think now that we have a decent holding midfielder its time for PG to be taken out of the starting line up. He was a good player laying good last ditch tackles when we were under the pump, but now that we look like we will have a team that can actually attack you need the defence to be able to play the ball out. Vrankovic can do this.

I'd still take Gerhardt over Vrankovic at this stage, we have Wielaert to play the ball out and Paddy is too strong defensively to drop imo.

I really like Kalmar too but I'd probably have Mate in before him, providing he can get back to his 11/12 form.

Starting to have some selection decisions, which can ONLY be a positive for the club moving forward.

Ramsay needs to start - his pace is absolutely electric.

Redders

Walker - Weilaert - Gerdhart - Behich

Murdocca - Engelaar

Duzgandzic - Kewell - Ramsay

Williams/Gol Gol

Engelaar would provide that massive physical prescense between the mids and CB's, defending at corners, free kicks, etc, whilst playing forward, being a huge threat to opposition.

Ramsay has pace - he and Aziz would work off each other on the left side. Both are quick and suit well.

Each to their own - but we are starting to look strong on paper, no doubt

• Like 2

and not to mention we won't have fred pulling his hamstring every second week...it's all about keeping our players fit and healthy, hopefully we can avoid injuries better than we did last year

True. Having a consistent lineup with your core players available week in week out would make a big difference. I think we've always had capable squads, but injuries, occasional call-ups for national squads, and the spate of player sales in the last 12 months have regularly unsettled our lineups. And bringing in injury replacements or guest players mid-season hasn't worked much for us apart from Madaschi, who is probably the one exception. Kewell and Engelaar give us real class so it's important they're available as much as possible, while players like Dugandzic and Gol Gol could really flourish with consistent training and games.

As it stands, this is how i'd go into round 1:

Starting XI v. Melbourne Victory

Redmayne

Walker - Vrankovic - Wielaert - Behich

Engelaar - Murdocca

Mebrahtu - Kewell - Ramsey

Visa Striker 

Bench

Velaphi

Dugandzic

Germano

Williams

*Would have started Gerhardt if he wasn't suspended, forcing Vrankovic to the bench
*I get the feeling Kewell won't play 90 minutes to start off with, so I can see Aloisi having Kalmar on the bench

I think we may try a more attacking lineup for alot of the time. Especially if Engelaar proves to have a huge impact.

Walker Wielaert Gerhardt  Behich

Engelaar

Mebrahtu Kewell Duganzic Ramsay

Visa Striker

maybe if we are a goal down at 80 mins :P

• Like 1

Redmayne

Walker Wielaert Vrankovic Behich

Engelaar murdocca/germano

Williams Kewell Ramsay

Visa striker

Bench:

Velaphi

Germano/murdocca

Mebrahtu

Dugandzic

Lets smash these fucking tards!!

Bloody pace galore, behich and Ramsay are that quick and have crazy stamina. Williams needs to be rewarded for a good pre season so he needs to maintain that. Only worry is the lack of height with the two CB's. but it won't be needed against victory hopefully. Bring on the season already!!