Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

I completely understand the 'legacy' point of view, and even as a "when I'm old I'll have my family around me" and will comfort me in the nursing home etc. But that doesn't seem to go through the heads of most people my age having kids atm who appear to be doing it cause it seems to be 'fashionable', the expected thing to do (The kinda marriage, house, with a white picket fence and kids style), Or friend/family member X has had one so should I.

Well then you should probably follow the advice my grandpa gave me:

You better wear a latex, cause you don't want that late text, that "I think I'm late text". I ignored that text.

9 months later I answered a call and BANG! instant daddy sheepdog

• 2 weeks later...

Aliens exist.

I don't think anyone can really vehemently deny the existence of alien life. It really just depends on your definition of an Alien.

Is there some form of life, no matter how basic, somewhere else is in the entire universe? Probably.

Is there life out there with intelligence on par or greater than that of human beings? Perhaps.

Are there Green men in flying saucers abducting people for experimentation? I highly doubt it.

What I've always found funny is that popular culture always makes aliens out to be a civilisation with far greater weaponry / military technology than us.

Do people really think it's possible that there is another civilisation which devotes more of their resources to killing each other than we do, and this civilisation still exists?

Actually probably says a lot about us that when we try imagine a more advanced civilisation, we imagine one with greater weaponry and military technology.

The way I see it, if there are some other intelligent life forms out there, we shouldn't be worried about them. But they should probably be fucking scared of us.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 6

I like St. Albans

It really fucking grows on you doesn't it?

I figured out why; it has character.

In this day and age of cookie-cutter new suburbs, gentrification, and urban renewal, there really aren't many places like it.

Sure, there is a bit of urban renewal going on in St Albans too, but it hasn't affected the character of the place too much yet.

The quite country town, the booming post-war suburb, the hub for migrants coming to Australia for a better life, all the facets of it's history are evident everywhere.

Cunts in the East can keep their boring suburbs, where everything and everyone is 'nice' and clean and tidy, where cunts have some pretty flowers in their yards instead of tomato trees, where your neighbour is called John and speaks perfect English and waves to you every morning and never accidentally puts his car in drive instead of reverse and never drives through the fence into your front yard, where your local Indian restaurant is run by some Anglo bloke, where there is no economic activity because no one wants industrial or manufacturing areas near their houses, where you never see some lady get kidnapped in broad daylight while you're on your way to primary school, where you pay more than $10 for a pizza, etc.

Never had a problem with St.Albans personally, i use to do mow some Africians bloke lawn their and whenever we were there they always use to be sitting out on their patio smoking some joints and how nice was this they use to always offer us some if thats not showing the Australian spirit i don't know what is.

• Like 3

Besides the odd chainsaw, axe or machete attack St. Albans has a very special feel, I like it. You could say these things add to the charm of the place. This coming from an eastern suburbian as well :up:

I think the bad things are overstated, probably because it is such a large suburb (for the unaware of how big it is, it has 3 train stations on the same line, and I'm not talking about train stations practically on top of each other like you have in the inner east and footscray, I mean properly spaced out train stations).

Edited by Tesla

Besides the odd chainsaw, axe or machete attack St. Albans has a very special feel, I like it. You could say these things add to the charm of the place. This coming from an eastern suburbian as well :up:

Thats more likely to happen at footscray then st.albans srs. For someone who has worked in both i would probably say footscray is much more 'cultured' :up:

Forgot to add to my original post about St.albans that if you're a single male, looking for a partner then you might have found the place in the St.Albans bingo centre! As someone who drove past the place quite regularly, you have the luck of being able to see all the fine ladies line-up to get in, so you're able to pick what you fancy whether that be:

-Single mother with one kid

-Single mother with 2 kids

-Single mother+Grandmother (if you're feeling risky ;))

Better get down there gents before all the quality women go!

Thats more likely to happen at footscray then st.albans srs. For someone who has worked in both i would probably say footscray is much more 'cultured' :up:

Forgot to add to my original post about St.albans that if you're a single male, looking for a partner then you might have found the place in the St.Albans bingo centre! As someone who drove past the place quite regularly, you have the luck of being able to see all the fine ladies line-up to get in, so you're able to pick what you fancy whether that be:

Or just continue another 20 meters down the road to the VU campus and acquire yourself some dumb wog slut?

(actually have no idea what kind of people go to VU St Albans, just assuming it's similar to all the other non-cbd campuses)

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

Better get down there gents before all the quality women go! Or just continue another 20 meters down the road to the VU campus and acquire yourself some dumb wog slut?

(actually have no idea what kind of people go to VU St Albans, just assuming it's similar to all the other non-cbd campuses)

As a proud VU Footscray Graduate I can confirm this notion.

• Like 2

Or just continue another 20 meters down the road to the VU campus and acquire yourself some dumb wog slut?

I have to go to the StAlbans campus for Professional Writing and I can confirm that this is true.

Whatever floats your boat i guess

UOTYH: There will be a recession within the next 12 months.

Only thing that can save us is the falling dollar.

Didnt you say that 12 months agoDon't think so, I don't usually make negative predictions like this as I lean a bit to the optimistic side of things. I only remember saying the AUD will maintain strength, which would imply the economy was also likely to be strong, and it did for some time, defying expectation of a much earlier fall. I've been aware the economy is shit for a little while now, so the AUD wasn't going to last and a bit of bad news from China mixed with a stronger USD has sent it falling, but with the property market now looking like it's slowing down, we're in trouble, as real estate, construction, etc has been carrying the economy recently. Hopefully the falling AUD revitalises some export dependent industries.

Edited by Tesla

Didnt you say that 12 months agoDon't think so, I don't usually make negative predictions like this as I lean a bit to the optimistic side of things. I only remember saying the AUD will maintain strength, which would imply the economy was also likely to be strong, and it did for some time, defying expectation of a much earlier fall. I've been aware the economy is shit for a little while now, so the AUD wasn't going to last and a bit of bad news from China mixed with a stronger USD has sent it falling, but with the property market now looking like it's slowing down, we're in trouble, as real estate, construction, etc has been carrying the economy recently. Hopefully the falling AUD revitalises some export dependent industries.

The property market will stay flat for a little while yet. Alot of what is driving the building industry at the moment is investor groups from china. With the aud falling it will become more attractive for foreigners.

Furthermore alot of the investors from o/s arent really even trying to rent out the properties. So pretty much they are shifting funds over here to keep it safe in the face of a chinese economy which is running into issues quickly

• Like 1

Didnt you say that 12 months agoDon't think so, I don't usually make negative predictions like this as I lean a bit to the optimistic side of things. I only remember saying the AUD will maintain strength, which would imply the economy was also likely to be strong, and it did for some time, defying expectation of a much earlier fall. I've been aware the economy is shit for a little while now, so the AUD wasn't going to last and a bit of bad news from China mixed with a stronger USD has sent it falling, but with the property market now looking like it's slowing down, we're in trouble, as real estate, construction, etc has been carrying the economy recently. Hopefully the falling AUD revitalises some export dependent industries.The property market will stay flat for a little while yet. Alot of what is driving the building industry at the moment is investor groups from china. With the aud falling it will become more attractive for foreigners.

Furthermore alot of the investors from o/s arent really even trying to rent out the properties. So pretty much they are shifting funds over here to keep it safe in the face of a chinese economy which is running into issues quicklyBut if property prices stagnate, they're going to find another asset to speculate in. And if the economy slows, it both reduces returns on any investment in Australia and makes it more risky to invest their funds here.

They'll find another country to keep their funds safe.

And the AUD falling might make it cheaper to buy assets here, but if they're just looking to keep their funds here fo safety, I'm sure they'll be more influenced by the foreign exchange losses the falling AUD is exposing them to. Not too mention, whatever happens to the AUD, it will be volatile, doesn't make Australia a safe place to invest.

Edited by Tesla

Didnt you say that 12 months ago Don't think so, I don't usually make negative predictions like this as I lean a bit to the optimistic side of things. I only remember saying the AUD will maintain strength, which would imply the economy was also likely to be strong, and it did for some time, defying expectation of a much earlier fall. I've been aware the economy is shit for a little while now, so the AUD wasn't going to last and a bit of bad news from China mixed with a stronger USD has sent it falling, but with the property market now looking like it's slowing down, we're in trouble, as real estate, construction, etc has been carrying the economy recently. Hopefully the falling AUD revitalises some export dependent industries. The property market will stay flat for a little while yet. Alot of what is driving the building industry at the moment is investor groups from china. With the aud falling it will become more attractive for foreigners.

Furthermore alot of the investors from o/s arent really even trying to rent out the properties. So pretty much they are shifting funds over here to keep it safe in the face of a chinese economy which is running into issues quickly But if property prices stagnate, they're going to find another asset to speculate in. And if the economy slows, it both reduces returns on any investment in Australia and makes it more risky to invest their funds here.

They'll find another country to keep their funds safe.

And the AUD falling might make it cheaper to buy assets here, but if they're just looking to keep their funds here fo safety, I'm sure they'll be more influenced by the foreign exchange losses the falling AUD is exposing them to. Not too mention, whatever happens to the AUD, it will be volatile, doesn't make Australia a safe place to invest.

Its not speculating it is practically parking funds in a relatively stable country in a political and economical sense.

My industry is just starting to come out of a horror patch.  Going into recession now would almost destroy it, so I hope you are wrong.

We are on the verge of a construction boom here in Vic if the government can somehow stay in, that should surely stave off any recessions in this part of the country at least? 

My industry is just starting to come out of a horror patch.  Going into recession now would almost destroy it, so I hope you are wrong.

We are on the verge of a construction boom here in Vic if the government can somehow stay in, that should surely stave off any recessions in this part of the country at least?

A surplus has been forecast for the coming year by the Vic government, so the government is actually having a net effect of slowing the economy. A surplus isn't necessary in times like this, while I dont advocate going crazy with the deficits, the economy needs a bit of a boost. However, that forecast will probably end up being wrong because if the economy slows, a lot of revenue goes out the window, and then the budget is in deficit and so the government is providing some stimulus.

EWL isn't full funded by the vic government, so factoring that in, there is certainly more of a boost.

We definitely can't afford to let Labor in and possibly slow down or cancel the projects the current government has in place.

Honestly, time to just fast track everything. I don't mind deficits for infrastructure, especially in a time of need. Improve the short term economic situation by pumping some money into the economy and boosting the demand side of things, while having the infrastructure built that will eventually boost the supply side and improve our economy in the long term.

• 2 weeks later...

UOTYH:

there needs to be another large scale global war so that there is a new theme/setting for shooter games in the future. All the large wars have been done 64383 times already, and to illustrate the problem further, the new BF is resorting to being about cops and robbers because a lack of other options.

Obviously it will come at a cost, but I don't want my children growing up in a world where cunts are still just redoing the same WW1/WW2/Vietnam, etc. shooter games. It's for the greater good.

• Like 1

UOTYH:

there needs to be another large scale global war so that there is a new theme/setting for shooter games in the future. All the large wars have been done 64383 times already, and to illustrate the problem further, the new BF is resorting to being about cops and robbers because a lack of other options.

Obviously it will come at a cost, but I don't want my children growing up in a world where cunts are still just redoing the same WW1/WW2/Vietnam, etc. shooter games. It's for the greater good.

They can just do one with the Syria/Iraq situation and Russia vs Ukraine

That will keep them busy.

UOTYH:

You really need to go meet some Vietnam Veterans...  :droy:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1