Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

Well then, I can't wait for the F1 GP which starts at 5pm and our game starts on the same day at 4pm! It was originally set for a 5pm kick off, but when we brought it to Scott Munn's attention and the FFA, they kindly moved our game forward an hour! Lol

And just to show you how fucked up the FFA are (or is it Foxtel in this case?), we're the only game that Sunday! You'd think they could've at least moved it 3pm FFS!

Having a good read of the posts ..... I have to concur with lots of the messages here , on the field we aint producing much that is going to attrach new members

I will continue to attend and follow as I have , still attend an interstate away match every season, but as mentioned above, if we dont serve up something decent when we have the free to air Friday night matches, we can kiss good bye our chances of a spike in membership sales 

• Like 1

Add 1 more.

The girl on the phone just told me that,if i wanted my seat too be in Bay 16 ( as 17 is full ).It would have too be in the first row,there`s only one seat left in that Bay.

I had to say no and move to Bay 18 because i cant do my top button up on my shirts.As i have a fat neck ;)

Edited by red and white in that number
  • Like 1

Add 1 more.

The girl on the phone just told me that,if i wanted my seat too be in Bay 16 ( as 17 is full ).It would have too be in the first row,there`s only one seat left in that Bay.

I had to say no and move to Bay 18 because i cant do my top button up on my shirts.As i have a fat neck ;)

Get bigger shirts mate... Can't be fatter than mine :up:

I got my friends MH membership card in my mail today. It says:

"Here's your new membership card!

To make sure you don't miss any more goals and action - we've sent your card to get you in to the match against Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday 8 November.

We know it can be a busy time so we wanted to give you a helping hand to enjoy the exciting Hyundai A-League,

We are also giving you a complimentary ticket fir both western sydney Wanderers and Sydney FC games so you can bring a friend with you to enjoy the fun!

All you need to do to activate the card is call our membership team on 1300 256 432 and you can instantly use it to the game. Once you've purchased your membership, you can collect the complimentary ticket at the membership marquee on game day,

We'll send you your membership pack out once you call to process your membership - so you don't have to worry about picking it up.

We look forward to having you on board for these massive games!

Thanks"

To make sure you don't miss any more goals and action - we've sent your card to get you in to the match against Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday 8 November.

We know it can be a busy time so we wanted to give you a helping hand to enjoy the exciting Hyundai A-League,

We are also giving you a complimentary ticket fir both western sydney Wanderers and Sydney FC games so you can bring a friend with you to enjoy the fun!

All you need to do to activate the card is call our membership team on 1300 256 432 and you can instantly use it to the game. Once you've purchased your membership, you can collect the complimentary ticket at the membership marquee on game day,

We'll send you your membership pack out once you call to process your membership - so you don't have to worry about picking it up.

Thanks"

Shit, we've been suggesting this for two seasons now. Should be for all memberships.

It looks like the membership is stalling - only an additional 21 in a week. And why? Melburnian I think you are spot on with your comments.  Until we enhance the product, message, image and style we won't get to where we want to (and should) be. Important though it is, this does not just mean performing on the ground. It particularly means promotion, attracting and following up people and then giving them a real experience. It is disappointing to see the number of posts where membership referrals and enquiries are left hanging. Compare this to MV. Like many of you I went to the derby and have since been followed up three times by them even though I told them I have a Heart membership.
Don't take this as a negative post - I am passionate about Heart and really applaud the enthusiasm and family friendly feel at the games and certainly love the committment of the Heart supporters (as witness the comments on these forums).  But I continue to despair at the low attendances (and now the membership) neither of which have seen any real movement in 4 years. The complimentary game ticket is at least one great idea to help introduce people to the game but there needs to be more (lots more) done to get ourselves "out there" to attract and then retain the crowd.  Too many of my friends who are not involved with The Game remain unaware of Hearts activities.  Other than encouraging our friends to join what other initiatives could we be trying? No excuses - a membership and crowd of 10,000 is really not that huge a target.

Okay, so we're one game down, so as an Adult GA/active member the cost per game is $17.30.. take out the regional game.. that's $18.75 for the remaining AAMI park home games.

For the current GA cost of $25, you just have to attend 9 games to equal paying at the game and you STILL save.. No queuing, plus the other (minor) benefits.

I know it's a hardsell, but Heart only have 1-2 games to prove their worth for people to part with their hard earned cash.

cost/game games

$16.07 14

$17.31 13

$18.75 12

$20.45 11

$22.50 10

$25.00 9

$28.13 8

$32.14 7

Edited by alexiano

Thanks"

Great, many of us having been talking about a complimentary ticket as part of the membership deal for ages. What about those of use who bought memberships some months ago. Do we get complimentary tickets?

• Like 1

Regardless how much of a family football club you are, doing charity work, dishing out free tickets, community work...... that all goes out the window if you don't perform on the park. Don't perform on the park = no memberships.

Even under Merrick, the Tards played a quick counter game using AT up front and they scored goals, won silverware and fans were happy. Ange turned up and said I want to be proactive and has set them up to attack. No team is going to win every game but if you have the mentality and on pitch performance expressing the desire to give-it-a-go then fans will be happy and leave entertained. The Tards do it better than us :angry:

In many ways I don't find our season ticket stagnation as surprising, as we've not yet started any season well.

In Season 1 we had 2 points from our first 4 games, and we didn't win at home until our 3rd home game.

In Season 2 we had 3 points from 5 games, and it was our 6th game and again our 3rd at home before we won at home.

In Season 3 we had 4 points from 5 games, and it was our 6th game and again our 3rd at home before we won at home.

Quite apart from all the other factors mentioned in this thread we really need to get off to a good start to shake off the perceptions about the club.

Regardless how much of a family football club you are, doing charity work, dishing out free tickets, community work...... that all goes out the window if you don't perform on the park. Don't perform on the park = no memberships.

I agree.

However. When you do all the community work etc AND perform on the park, I think the result will be better.

We haven't won or hosted a final yet. And somehow the membership has trended upwards, admittedly from a low base. Maybe in part, the work the club does in the community has helped us at least stabilise the support and membership when it could easily be going backwards.

• Like 1

Possibly something to look at if we get a similar fixture next year, an idea may be something like a 'Football Friday Five' . This season we have 5 friday night games, Have a Cheaper five game membership to help entice those to games, might be worth while now that SBS broadcasts friday night. Might be worth looking at for the Final 3 friday night games we have remaining this year.

Great idea (I'm outta likes)

Thanks"

Great, many of us having been talking about a complimentary ticket as part of the membership deal for ages. What about those of use who bought memberships some months ago. Do we get complimentary tickets?

The way this reads to me its 4 free tickete.

6758.  There are some hardy souls out there- I salute you!

Incidentally when i signed up I guess the counter would have been in the 5000s or so, now for various reasons I had been a ticket purchaser not a member previously, so i got a new member number which was in the 12000s.

This suggest that about 6-7k of members from the previous 3 years have not renewed.  

Some reasons I could come up with for this:

• got a freebie in the first place
  • Victree supporter who couldn't get enough football (don't seem to see as many as i used to)
  • disappointed with performances under JVS
  • disappointed with performances under JA.

So as a club we seem to have done well bringing in the new members, its the member retention that appears to be the problem.

3,300 August  16th Vs 3800 (+15.15%)

3,650 August  30th Vs 4272 (+17.04%)

4,000 Sept.     12th Vs 4618 (+15.45%)

4,750 (day before round 1) Vs 5908 (+24.38%)

5,500 Nov.      14th Vs 6758 (+22.87%)

5,850 Nov.      29th (5 game memberships came out)

6,025 Dec.      18th

Total 6583

Just thought I'd update this for comparisons sake.

Last year we gained 750 from the first game till Nov 14th, this year we're up 845. (In less time too since this season started a week later) No idea how that makes sense. We didn't have a great start to last season but we did have 7 points on the board including a derby win.

Anyway, with how we're playing it's at least good to see we're well up in members.

Edited by Tbitm

Incidentally when i signed up I guess the counter would have been in the 5000s or so, now for various reasons I had been a ticket purchaser not a member previously, so i got a new member number which was in the 12000s.

This suggest that about 6-7k of members from the previous 3 years have not renewed.  

• Victree supporter who couldn't get enough football (don't seem to see as many as i used to)

So as a club we seem to have done well bringing in the new members, its the member retention that appears to be the problem.

Of Victory's 21k members or whatever, only 3k of them are foundation members which gives an idea of how many members come and go i suppose

Of Victory's 21k members or whatever, only 3k of them are foundation members which gives an idea of how many members come and go i suppose

Only 3k are foundation members? Wow! Goes to show who supports Victroy: The Bandwagoners!