Melbourne Football

MHFC admin/training move?

HeartFc

For goodness sake, if the project actually gets the money, and if Heart ever go there, it will be a training centre and possibly a venue for the NYL team (and W-League team if that ever eventuates).

What does it matter where a training centre is? Just as an example, various EPL clubs have training centres that are nowhere near their home grounds. Arsenal being one.

The issue, surely, is the quality of the facilities? I've read enough posts whining and moaning about Latrobe. Now there might be an alternative but some people are still not happy.

• Like 3

Just let hellas buy us out already.(I said us because im not trolling) State of the art facilities, stones throw from city, boutique stadium. Thats three things a few of the muppets on here have been asking for all in the one go.

Also not starting this argument again, just my 2 cents

• Like 1

Nah, we should share the vacilities with SmHFC, but not affiliate with them any further. Think building in Caseh is not a good option, would prefer Monash as its ready instead! An Latrobe uni's paractjcallg in my backyard. J work, therefore never make training, happy tk travel once a year for a family day, not fussed!

Nah, we should share the vacilities with SmHFC, but not affiliate with them any further. Think building in Caseh is not a good option, would prefer Monash as its ready instead! An Latrobe uni's paractjcallg in my backyard. J work, therefore never make training, happy tk travel once a year for a family day, not fussed!

Share but don't affiliate? ? That's like saying "yeh mate come and fuck my sister without taking her out for dinner first"

Just thought Birrarung Marr would be a great location for a training pitch, club rooms, facilities etc.

Right in the heart of Melbourne for that exposure that we need. Could be training with the lunchtime crowd walking, riding, jogging past.

There is plenty of free space there and it would look good for the city.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just thought Birrarung Marr would be a great location for a training pitch, club rooms, facilities etc.

Right in the heart of Melbourne for that exposure that we need. Could be training with the lunchtime crowd walking, riding, jogging past.

There is plenty of free space there and it would look good for the city.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Issnt Victory based at the Lexus centre? That would mean we are right next door. No thanks. Plus nothing will get built at Birrarun Marr its a public park

Edited by Dylan

On May 1st Munn did say that he hoped to make an announcement regarding the club's training facilities "soon". There have also been statements from Fan Forums like: “The training facilities currently in use by the club are not acceptable for A-League club. We want to develop an elite community facility.

“To do that, we need to collaborate with a number of groups, including the local, state and federal governments, and in particular La Trobe University, who own the land.” 

(from the May 2012 fan forum: http://www.mfootball.com.au/melbourne-heart-fan-forum-report/)

It's tough to get these kinds of large infrastructure projects off the ground. So I personally wouldn't mind if the club moved to a region like Casey, if that's where Heart can use top class training facilities. I studied at La Trobe for a couple of years and love that uni, but it doesn't look like meaningful improvements are going to happen anytime soon with their football facilities. I wish the facilities at La Trobe would be significantly upgraded, but it just doesn't seem on the cards ATM.

This appears to be the facilities they are talking about building in the region of Casey:

image3Feb2010-114423.jpg

(source: http://www.casey.vic.gov.au/caseyfieldsfacilities/article.asp?item=3596#3596_3)

Included would be: four fully floodlit synthetic pitches, a large pavilion (eight change rooms etc.) and "a high quality turf pitch and covered spectator seating for 500 people" (a " Football Federation Victoria Class A level facility"). It's estimated that the total cost could be just under $20 million dollars, which is why Heart, and every A-League club, doesn't move too quickly to improve their training facilities. 

Overall, it sounds pretty good to me, especially if they can build it fairly soon. So, like I said, the quality of the training facilities is what is most important IMO. If we train better, we'll play better, and a lot of things will fall into place if we play better.

• Like 5

Worth noting that Casey Fields is a decent four of five kilometre trek from the Cranbourne line terminus.

IIRC the then-ALP state opposition promised to extend the line to Cranbourne East (ie the doorstep of Casey Fields) if elected in 1999 but reneged once in power.

I seem to recall reading complaints on this site about how hard it is to get to watch training due to lack of PT at the current training venue. Casey Fields wouldn't be much better.

Oh, and I don't know what it is like in summer, but I have played on the main (Aussie Rules) footy oval during the winter, and it is a woeful place to be. No protection from the elements - the wind is yucky to say the least. I think they might have planted trees since I played there years ago but I would suspect they will be a long way off forming a half-decent windbreak.

All that said, Cranny itself is a nice place. Get around it.

If Casey provides us with better facilites than Latrobe and a better deal, plus a boutique stadium that we can host pre-season friendlies I can't see what is wrong with it. Not like we have 100's turning out at Latrobe to watch training.

Decent point

And lets face it MV came in first so they got first dibs at Melbourne's Soccer Heartland of the Outer North-West so focusing on a more untapped area could help the club.

(Mind you I just brought a new car so the drive is not fazing me as much as it use to...)

I still think that the club lets itself down by not at least putting out a 'no comment' on these various topics that get discussed., whether the discussion is on here, on 'The World Game', or elsewhere. Not that I expect a comment on every rumour - far from it - but when members hear nothing for weeks and HQ seems to be hibernating I don't think it's a good image.

IMO keeping people interested during the off season is important in reducing the 'churn' in memberships that occurs.

Where the team train is completely irrelevant. Moving our ground to a certain area will not mean we will be tapping into that area.

I tend to agree,

However we would only be moving if the Facilities Etc offered were a lot better than the current one’s that we have...

If as Mus suggested we were to get a training ground that was suitable for spectators then the club could make use of such a situation and have more viewer friendly Preseason Matches and Training Sessions.

And let’s not forget Casey is growing, in fact its growing so fast and large that its already outgrown the predictions of massive growth made only a few years old. I know this through my line of work.

Edited by cadete

cranbourne has the highest amount of people in all of victoria who are hooked on ice

Maybe if we move up there, some of our players can sell some on the side, you know, to help us break even :up:

Give a new meaning to wheelie bins full of ice.

• Like 3

Not opposed to Casey, but that's a move I'd love to see.

Very logical move..

The article says that MHFC was approached by the Bombers, who have 18 years remaining on their lease.

But the EDFL have expressed their interests to be based there full-time.

Can't copy article but here is a direct link.

http://leader.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/iphone/homepage.aspx#_article02f966b5-0f36-4ca6-b366-315b415300c1

Edited by LR9

Very logical move..

The article says that MHFC was approached by the Bombers, who have 18 years remaining on their lease.

http://leader.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/iphone/homepage.aspx#_article02f966b5-0f36-4ca6-b366-315b415300c1

Agreed. Would much prefere windy hill as its close to my side of town :P but wont happen because as the article says, has the cricket pitches in the summer. So unless we would have new pitches constructed surrounding the ground....well we will see (and hope)

speaking of that side of town. Yside already has a presence there...spotted a sticker on the window of the Moonee Ponds KFC haha

Edited by Dylan

Very logical move..

Agreed. Would much prefere windy hill as its close to my side of town :P but wont happen because as the article says, has the cricket pitches in the summer. So unless we would have new pitches constructed surrounding the ground....well we will see (and hope)

speaking of that side of town. Yside already has a presence there...spotted a sticker on the window of the Moonee Ponds KFC haha The ys is everywhere.