Melbourne Football

MHFC admin/training move?

HeartFc

Today is 15 May. Presumably, the season will start again on the first weekend of October, being Friday 4 October.

That's 142 days. Let the counting commence.

But honestly, do people have nothing better to do than make a thread on unsubstantiated rumour? Who is your little birdie and what exactly did they say to you?

IIRC Casey (Cranbourne) wanted Heart HQ there right from the start. Was offering to build state-of-the-art facilities etc. etc to get the club to go there but I don't think they had the money guaranteed anyway.

Rumour probably based on that.

MHFC is a clear leader in the 'Number of Rumours' competition for the 2013 off-season...

• Like 1

IIRC Casey (Cranbourne) wanted Heart HQ there right from the start. Was offering to build state-of-the-art facilities etc. etc to get the club to go there but I don't think they had the money guaranteed anyway.

Rumour probably based on that.

MHFC is a clear leader in the 'Number of Rumours' competition for the 2013 off-season...

Na it's not based on that. The discussion was this week.

All I will say is La Trobe to Casey... when, I don't know. Funding is the key and I'll confirm when im 100%

Good move IMO, south east suburbs is growing fast and if approved we won't have to use wheelie bin ice baths anymore.

Why say something if you don't know proper details, or aren't willing to explain anything.

I call bluff.

All I will say is La Trobe to Casey... when, I don't know. Funding is the key and I'll confirm when im 100%

Good move IMO, south east suburbs is growing fast and if approved we won't have to use wheelie bin ice baths anymore.

Why say something if you don't know proper details, or aren't willing to explain anything.

I call bluff.

Bluff? I dont understand what you mean by bluff. I have nothing to gain.

I wont give proper details on my source coz he/she isnt meant to be telling memebers of the public.

It seems like the club recognises that it needs better facilities and that the LaTrobe connection was a way of attracting some Government financial assistance. It's likely that if th assistance package is right then the club will be interested in it wherever it is.

I call bluff.

Bluff? I dont understand what you mean by bluff. I have nothing to gain.

I wont give proper details on my source coz he/she isnt meant to be telling memebers of the public.

But you are supposed to be the bastion of light, leading us to the fields of Casey?

The difficulty with this forum is that unless you have some foundation for your claim, you won't be taken serious. Sorry, generalisation. I won't take you seriously.

I call bluff. Bluff? I dont understand what you mean by bluff. I have nothing to gain.

But you are supposed to be the bastion of light, leading us to the fields of Casey?

The difficulty with this forum is that unless you have some foundation for your claim, you won't be taken serious. Sorry, generalisation. I won't take you seriously.

That's nice.

I don't think HeartFc is of the making stories up kind. I'm hoping you're actually right about this. I'm planning to move to the South East so at least I'll be on the right side of town. My wife and I are expecting and it'll be fun taking my little one to the family days and trainings once he/she is born :-) If they stay in Bundoora/Epping - I don't think I'd be making as many trips!

Not that this is about me...I do also think there's a bigger catchment area for new supporters in Chadstone, Dandenong, Narre Warren and beyond :-)

Just had a read of the Federal Budget papers .... anyone who wants to use up some minutes of their life they wont get back, check this link and read from page 161 .

http://www.regional.gov.au/department/statements/2013-14/ministerial-statement-2013-14/pdf/DRALGAS_Ministerial_Statement_1314FY.pdf

cant see any reference to Sports Facilities upgrades at Latrobe Uni, and all grant / funding oppurtunities seem to be exhausted for the next 3 years.  Not sure what the State Gov can put on the table, but my view is that their will be no funding anytime soon for a regional sports facility at Latrobe. 

I don't think HeartFc is of the making stories up kind. I'm hoping you're actually right about this. I'm planning to move to the South East so at least I'll be on the right side of town. My wife and I are expecting and it'll be fun taking my little one to the family days and trainings once he/she is born :-) If they stay in Bundoora/Epping - I don't think I'd be making as many trips!

Not that this is about me...I do also think there's a bigger catchment area for new supporters in Chadstone, Dandenong, Narre Warren and beyond :-)

Catchment area for what?

How many people turn up to weekday training at LaTrobe? And as opposed to weekday training in Casey, is there supposed to be an increase? And even if that is the case, how does that make a difference to the Club if they aren't going to be converted into membership purchasers?

Last time I checked, people follow a Club for a multitude of reasons other than that they have weekday training in their local suburb.

Would a Latrobe upgrade fall under a state or federal budget? Either way, seriously good sleuthing TA.

Most likely state. Its probably included in the state budget, something like $50k to begin pre-construction in 5 years time :up:

• Like 1

ALSO ... with future funding applications the following has been shortlisted to proceed to full application as part of Round 4 of the Regional Australia Development Fund.

RDA Southern Melbourne - Casey City Council - Casey Regional Sports Hub and Soccer Centre of Excellence - Proceed to Full Application

Overview ....

Round Four is providing $175 million for infrastructure projects that address the identified priorities of Regional Development Australia committees and have a strong regional impact. Grants of between $500,000 and $15 million are available to eligible applicants.

Local governments and not-for-profit organisations with an annual income of at least $1 million (averaged over the most recent two years) were eligible to apply for Round Four of the Regional Development Australia Fund. Other organisations were able to participate in the program as a member of a consortium led by an eligible applicant.

Successful applications announced from Friday 12 July 2013, with funding six months after an announcement

Edited by Torn Asunder

From page 30 of the document JW has linked -

Council has now been informed that it has been successful in its Expression of

Interest Application to the Federal Government’s Regional Development

Australia (RDA) Fund for the Casey Regional Sports Hub and Soccer Centre

of Excellence project. Subject to Council approval, the project will now

proceed to full application which is due on 11 April 2013. Consultation will

occur with project stakeholders as part of the preparation of the application to

confirm use and support of the various facility components.

How does that in any remote way mean Heart will be moving to Casey?

also, this from a Casey Council Report ....

Casey Regional Sports Hub and Soccer Centre of Excellence Project (CRSH)

The CRSH project is proposed to be developed at Casey Fields and is noted within the

Casey Fields Master Plan. The proposed facility includes the following components:

1. Regional Multi Purpose Rectangular Field Stadium incorporating a high level

competition grade turf pitch field, pavilion (similar in scale to the Athletics Centre

Pavilion plus additional offices/spaces to incorporate the Sports House concept),

covered spectator seating, spectator mounds, car park and lighting.

2. Community Multi Purpose Synthetic Soccer Fields incorporating four synthetic turf

soccer pitches, lights, pavilion, car parking and other associated works. The synthetic

pitches will provide improved opportunities and flexibility of playing, training and

development programs that will benefit the entire Casey and regional sporting

community with a focus on soccer.

The CRSH will service soccer clubs within Casey as well as serving higher level training and

competition across the southern region. The project has received support from a number of

elite sporting teams and State Sporting Associations (including Football Federation Victoria,

Melbourne Heart A-League Soccer team, Victorian Rugby Union, Melbourne Rebels Rugby

Championship team, Melbourne Storm National Rugby League team and the Victorian

Rugby League). Melbourne Heart has indicated they are interested in the proposed facility

as a home for their women’s and youth teams which would compete in national competitions.

FFS, Casey is a shit hole built on a garbage tip, about 1000km outside of Melbourne. The club is better off moving to Melton :droy:

Honestly, out west of Melbourne is ideal. Plenty of old and new efnics with their progeny who carry the touch for Sockha. Let's go now FFS.