Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Read that he was training with Breda after missing out on a move to the Hammers. Could always be using the Heart's supposed interest as leverage; not getting my hopes up, yet.

Read the same.

I might be pessimistic, but I'm not getting my hopes up either. It's not done until we get an official club announcement.

No but I was asked the following

"Some big tall black blokes named Orlando who's from Holland is watching training... know who it might be?"

Text message from a bloke who was at training. Said that they weren't in anyway trying to keep him hidden either.

I sent him an image of Engelaar and he confirmed that it was him.

• Like 1

not taking anything for granted or as if its a done deal but awesome news if correct.

would just about be THE signing of the A League off season (not just Heart and even considering the signing of Kewell); plenty of experience recently at a top 3 Dutch side with Europa league experience.  has been in and out of the team the last few seasons - i'm kinda guessing that with the change of number (from 8 to 16) that it is more to do with changes and extra competition within the squad than injury (although if someone can confirm).

Edited by mattyh001

Holy fuckballs, I remember him bossing the midfield for the Dutch at Euro 2008. It was like they'd stuck a bouncer out on the park to strike fear into the opposition. He would have bowel movements with more physical presence than Leigh Broxham. If this happens shit will be lost.

• Like 3