Melbourne Football

Thu Nux- The choicest team un New Zuland, eh bro?

KSK_47

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

After initial optimism that the Nux wouldn't be shit, I'd like to change my vote. Rodriguez was invisible for his entire time on the park, Bonevacia doesn't look anything special. Their defence it worse than ours and Merrick has decided to convert Fenton from a tricky left winger to a right back. Spoon favourites, unless Brockie can bag 15 odd goals, which looks about as likely as Ramsay making the Socceroos. 

• Like 1

After initial optimism that the Nux wouldn't be shit, I'd like to change my vote. Rodriguez was invisible for his entire time on the park, Bonevacia doesn't look anything special. Their defence it worse than ours and Merrick has decided to convert Fenton from a tricky left winger to a right back. Spoon favourites, unless Brockie can bag 15 odd goals, which looks about as likely as Ramsay making the Socceroos. 

I agree that the Nix look well short of the mark, however before you bet money on the spoon, i suggest you watch a jets game.

the Jets looked much better than the Mariners in their game. Wellington and the Mariners looked the 2 worst teams of the opening round.

Too be fair I fell asleep watching the Mariners- Jets game (says it all) but of the bits I did see I thought they both looked poor, but CCM at least had a few redeeming features (Mane).  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Suppose Phoenix win either the Premiership or the Championship. I'm given to understand that they are not allowed to participate in the Asian Champions League (being an OFC club), so how would participation work out for the Australian clubs?

I'd imagine 2nd and 3rd advance to the group stage, 4th goes into a play-off.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Have signed a 27 year old Dutch striker/winger by the name of Jeffrey Sarpong who was a graduate of Ajax's academy and has also played for Real Sociedad and most recently, NAC Breda.

Seems a quality signing, it'll be interesting to see if he'll feature tomorrow night.

he's a boring old sod but you aren't wrong, his results speak for himself.

don't mind him being boring. His job is to lead recruitment and coach the team.  It's my considered view that any f%ckwit can jump around like a clown on the bench, but that's irrelevant as to coaching performance.

• Like 1

don't mind him being boring. His job is to lead recruitment and coach the team.  It's my considered view that any f%ckwit can jump around like a clown on the bench, but that's irrelevant as to coaching performance.

I agree, however when someone is shit at recruitment and coaching the team, the least they can do is give us a little entertainment from the technical area.  Either that or just resign. 

• Like 1