Melbourne Football

Australian kits (national and club)

KSK_47

All up very messy kit IMO, with no real consistent theme.

The socks are terrible - look as though there's a foot and a top with bare flesh in between.

There must be a lot of money wasted on this sort of thing, and IMO it's not necessary.

Give me the "traditional" look every time.

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

11205069_1216318738381993_51534329742820

Newcastle wearing this absolute atrocity for 'RAAF Round'. I think this may be the most horrible HAL kit of all time

Nah I can't stand both of victors kits this year. Firstly the home kit has shit all over the place and the away kit is garbage as well 

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

Nah I can't stand both of victors kits this year. Firstly the home kit has shit all over the place and the away kit is garbage as well 

I feel kind of dirty saying this, but both their kits are starting to grow on me. The sponsors are terrible, but I am actually warming to the designs.

But regardless of how you feel about them, this Newie kit is a million times worse 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, raw10 said:

you mean this: 

download.jpg

Speaking of which, would much prefer white shorts (which will be considered a light colour) with green socks 

Personally I think we had it perfect with the green shorts and white socks. I dont think there will be a better kit than our previous one for many many years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeming said:

I am constantly amazed at how so called professional people continue to make terrible kits and they are allowed to do so without anyone saying 'no.

Taste and style is very subjective. But shit is still shit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dylan said:

FWIW the new kit would be fine with green shorts and white socks. In fact it would look better than the most recent one with that dodgy collar on it. 

Yeah.. but I read somewhere that FIFA would not allow it for some reason.. I think it has something to do with refereeing

Rule 2, section 35 of the World Cup 2014 regulations states: “Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (i.e. strips). One predominately dark and one predominately light for its official and reserve kit.”

Here is the article:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fifa-new-world-cup-kits-2816201

Edited by raw10

1 minute ago, raw10 said:

Yeah.. but I read somewhere that FIFA would not allow it for some reason.. I think it has something to do with refereeing

The ruling was a predominately light kit and a predominately dark kit.

Could have gone with a light shade of green on the shorts.
At a minimum if going majority BRIGHT yellow/gold they should have had some green stripes or patches to tone it down a bit.

16 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Zullo was on SEN this morning and said he had heard that FIFA were wanting teams to now have matching coloured shorts with the jerseys. 

They brought that in at the previous world cup as touched on above. The reason is that it looks better on HD TV. All about the $$$