Jump to content
Melbourne Football
Sign in to follow this  
jeffplz

Frank Lampard (now retired)

Recommended Posts

jeffplz    805

My fav player of all time just announced he'll be leaving NYCFC by the end of the year.

 

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/732202/Frank-Lampard-next-club-football-betting-odds-Chelsea-Manchester-City-Melbourne-MLS

Frank Lampard's next club

Melbourne City 3/1

Any Chinese side 10/1

Inter Milan 10/1

Chelsea 16/1

Manchester City 16/1

Any other MLS side 16/1

AC Milan 16/1

Torino 20/1

Juventus 25/1

 

Odds courtesy of Betway

 

http://www.theweek.co.uk/chelsea-transfer-news/69163/chelsea-transfer-news-is-frank-lampard-heading-home

 

Reckon he'd work it in as an injury replacement for Gameiro or some shit like that? Have Sorensen released into a coaching role by season end?

Edited by jw1739

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984

Cahill signed a 3-year contract. But it has already been stated the guest marquee is for one year only and that next season he will be below the cap. The third year is not as a player but in some coaching role. Nico Colazo is on a one-year loan deal as a marquee at this stage.

I can't see Lampard taking virtually a year off waiting to join us. The plot thickens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if we do sign Lampard and don't start pulling a bare minimum of 15k to a home game with Cahill, Bruno etc in the side, then that will just be slightly bewildering. 

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haz    1,993
13 minutes ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

Dare I say it, could it be Colazo that he replaces, considering he's on loan and obviously we're still not clear on when he'll be returning to the side? 

 

 

If we replaced Colazo with Lampard, the club is going backwards. Won't happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
n i k o    4,818
6 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Do we really need another midfielder? Really? Can't we just sign a defender. Please?

Midfielders can play in defence though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neio    466

I'm not super keen, and I'd much prefer Gerrard, as I can see it being another villa circus 

The only way I'm interested if either commits to the rest of season 

We're not going to get another guest spot,  and I don't want that 10 game shit 

So we would have to release sorenson (which puts a massive amount of confidence in Bouzanis,  which I'm not sure about). Move colazo into cap (don't even know if this can happen)  then make gerrard/lampard marquee, and then sign a back up keeper as injury replacement for gamiero or kuzi for rest of season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
15 minutes ago, neio said:

I'm not super keen, and I'd much prefer Gerrard, as I can see it being another villa circus 

The only way I'm interested if either commits to the rest of season 

We're not going to get another guest spot,  and I don't want that 10 game shit 

So we would have to release sorenson (which puts a massive amount of confidence in Bouzanis,  which I'm not sure about). Move colazo into cap (don't even know if this can happen)  then make gerrard/lampard marquee, and then sign a back up keeper as injury replacement for gamiero or kuzi for rest of season 

That's an interesting point. I haven't read that the "guest marquee" has replaced the "guest player" place, so perhaps the latter is still available? If it is then there's nothing to stop us signing Lampard for 14 matches that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
neio    466
7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That's an interesting point. I haven't read that the "guest marquee" has replaced the "guest player" place, so perhaps the latter is still available? If it is then there's nothing to stop us signing Lampard for 14 matches that way.

I dont know if it has been replaced,  but all guest players need to be ticked off by FFA,  and I know we are in their good books at moment but I still think for competition fairness,  I doubt they will give us another one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
30 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

That's an interesting point. I haven't read that the "guest marquee" has replaced the "guest player" place, so perhaps the latter is still available? If it is then there's nothing to stop us signing Lampard for 14 matches that way.

Im certain that i read the guest marquee was replacing the guest stint. Cbf looking for evidence tho.

Anyway, only way I think this is happening is if he signs for Sorensen's wage and we release Sorensen. Highly unlikely, albeit possible.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Falastur    601

The only reason Melbourne City have been made favourites is because he's already played for two CFG teams.

Incidentally, Crystal Palace are now the 2/1 favourites, with Melbourne City dropping to 7/1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimmy    3,161
48 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Coming from the guy who said villa wouldn't sine, lock it in this is happening

TTIM: That you know I didn't say that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251

Most plausible way that Lampard gets here in January:

Sorensen retires. Velaphi returns to duke it out with Bouzanis for the number one spot with the gloves. Take's Sorensen's wage (which imo was not high at all).
Lampard obtains Sorensen's visa spot, plays for peanuts after a big payout from NYC which eludes the cap. 25,000 Victory fans drown in a collective sea of tears.
 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
On 11/16/2016 at 10:02 AM, bt50 said:

Im certain that i read the guest marquee was replacing the guest stint. Cbf looking for evidence tho.

Anyway, only way I think this is happening is if he signs for Sorensen's wage and we release Sorensen. Highly unlikely, albeit possible.

  • a day ago
  • by MATT WINDLEY
  • Source: Herald Sun

BESART Berisha will not be able to become an Australian citizen before next season.

After receiving his permanent residency last month, the Melbourne Victory striker hoped he might receive his ­citizenship in the coming months, possibly as soon as Australia Day.

But it has been confirmed that Berisha will have to wait until at least October to be ­naturalised.

To become eligible for ­Australian citizenship, a person must live here on permanent residency for at least a year.

Government does not have any powers through the Australian Citizenship Act to fast-track a naturalisation bid.

As soon as Berisha receives his citizenship, he will not be counted as one of Victory’s five overseas players.

But the club had not been planning around Berisha ­becoming naturalised this season, aware of the technicalities involved.


It means Victory cannot pursue a full-season guest marquee player, as international players recruited under this rule are counted among a club’s five visa players.

But Victory can recruit an international on a 14-game guest stint.

A 14-game guest player is paid outside the salary cap and does not count towards a club’s overseas player allocation.

Football Federation Australia has funds set aside to help clubs recruit players under the new full-season guest player rule. But it is understood that, at its discretion, FFA may help a club secure a high-profile, short-term guest, if the right player comes along.

This month FIFA cleared Berisha, 31, to play for newly recognised Kosovo, ­despite him having playing 17 internationals for Albania.

That news did not have any bearing on his pursuit of ­Australian citizenship.

 

This article certainly indicates the 14 game guest stint is still available. Surely not?? :tooth:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984

As I understand it, the "guest marquee" rule is only for the current season, and it was created solely for the A-League "bums on seats" metric leading up to a new TV deal (FFA's version of the "cargo cult" mentality). I don't think it replaces the "guest player" rule, which is for 14 matches as per the Windley article.

Windley hints that FFA might help clubs obtain a 14-match guest if they assess the player as "right." I doubt that they'd assist City to bring Lampard, but I don't think they would stand in the way if City wanted to bring him in.

Just too, too many rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

As I understand it, the "guest marquee" rule is only for the current season, and it was created solely for the A-League "bums on seats" metric leading up to a new TV deal (FFA's version of the "cargo cult" mentality). I don't think it replaces the "guest player" rule, which is for 14 matches as per the Windley article.

Windley hints that FFA might help clubs obtain a 14-match guest if they assess the player as "right." I doubt that they'd assist City to bring Lampard, but I don't think they would stand in the way if City wanted to bring him in.

Just too, too many rules.

Surely the two slots should have just been combined and if a club could only get a guest for half a season then so be it. Anyways, if they were too stupid to close it off i hope that we exploit it, here's to Fatty!

Will be worth it just to see all the salty, salty tears.

Edited by bt50

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jw1739    6,984
13 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Surely the two slots should have just been combined and if a club could only get a guest for half a season then so be it. Anyways, if they were too stupid to close it off i hope that we exploit it, here's to Fatty!

Will be worth it just to see all the salty, salty tears.

That would have been logical - but, since when has FFA been logical?

As I see it the "guest marquee" is a marketing tool for the A-League as a whole. "Marquee" and "guest" players are for the benefit of individual clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bt50    3,251
1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

That would have been logical - but, since when has FFA been logical?

As I see it the "guest marquee" is a marketing tool for the A-League as a whole. "Marquee" and "guest" players are for the benefit of individual clubs.

Hmm i honestly dont see the difference between the old guest stint and the guest marquee other than length tbh, that's why I thought it was a replacement rule. A guest player still has to fit that subjectivity criteria of being marketable.
Regular Marquee's dont. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingofhearts    3,271
9 hours ago, bt50 said:
  • a day ago
  • by MATT WINDLEY
  • Source: Herald Sun
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

BESART Berisha will not be able to become an Australian citizen before next season.

After receiving his permanent residency last month, the Melbourne Victory striker hoped he might receive his ­citizenship in the coming months, possibly as soon as Australia Day.

But it has been confirmed that Berisha will have to wait until at least October to be ­naturalised.

To become eligible for ­Australian citizenship, a person must live here on permanent residency for at least a year.

Government does not have any powers through the Australian Citizenship Act to fast-track a naturalisation bid.

As soon as Berisha receives his citizenship, he will not be counted as one of Victory’s five overseas players.

But the club had not been planning around Berisha ­becoming naturalised this season, aware of the technicalities involved.


It means Victory cannot pursue a full-season guest marquee player, as international players recruited under this rule are counted among a club’s five visa players.

But Victory can recruit an international on a 14-game guest stint.

A 14-game guest player is paid outside the salary cap and does not count towards a club’s overseas player allocation.

Football Federation Australia has funds set aside to help clubs recruit players under the new full-season guest player rule. But it is understood that, at its discretion, FFA may help a club secure a high-profile, short-term guest, if the right player comes along.

This month FIFA cleared Berisha, 31, to play for newly recognised Kosovo, ­despite him having playing 17 internationals for Albania.

That news did not have any bearing on his pursuit of ­Australian citizenship.

 

This article certainly indicates the 14 game guest stint is still available. Surely not?? :tooth:

If he played cricket he's citizenship would've been fast tracked lmao.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×