Melbourne Football

Round 6: Melbourne v Newcastle Jets....AAMI Park Thursday @ 7.50pm

n i k o

Agree, 7k seems about right. Only thing working in our favour is the general lack of sport at the moment, so a few more might turn up.

JVS has indicated that the Jets will set up in a similar style to Roar, so he has encouraged more shots from distance (trust him to do this when Brattan isn't playing).

Realistically, I just don't see how we can lose this. Even without Brattan, we just have too much quality and Newcastle's defence is just too frail on a man-for-man basis. Boogard on Fornaroli, Hoffman/Cowburn on Brandan and whoever they have at LB on Kamau. 

Edited by Harrison

They will try and set up defensively but it won't work for them as they don't have the squad to do it.  Bruno will target their young CB (Kontombus or something) and boogard will try and follow Bruno leaving massive holes in their center back area.  Cowburn won't be able to contain Brandan. Vujica (who doesn't look too bad) v kamau will be good battle. 

But in midfield last week it was McKay,  Holman, kristensen,  oar and broich which is a pretty handy 5. This week it's Hoffman,  hoole, poljak,  ugarkovic and brown. If we can't overpower that we have bigger problems than I thought 

We score early and it could be a cricket score 

Don't underestimate Jets. Their only losses are Sydney at home and Wellington away. Draws with Adelaide and Wanderers and smashed Roar 4:0.

On paper they look average but results are everything and so far they have been pretty decent. 

Going with a dull draw. Possibly 0:0.

33 minutes ago, Cityscape said:

Weather looks ok outside so might actually be a decent crowd there. I think around 9k. People forget we have 11,500 members now.

Not really. Just like I haven't forgotten when we got almost 1500 less than our membership on that Sunny Friday night the week before against Adelaide. I like your optimism as well as pity it at the same time. 

26 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

6k max. People complaining about the kick off time on Facebook .  It's only one Thursday night game ffs. We have shit supporters. Fixture came out 4 months ago so no excuses to plan for this fixture.

One too many. I don't blame the supporters. This has FFA incompetence written all over it. Absolutely no need to play a game on a Thursday night. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

One too many. I don't blame the supporters. This has FFA incompetence written all over it. Absolutely no need to play a game on a Thursday night. 

I agree with this whole heatedly, I live about 50 minutes away from aami. So I'm not realisticly getting home until at least 11 tonight, and having to be up at 5 tomorrow for work.  I'll just sit at home and watch it 

JVS said:

IMG_20161110_172322.png

Really? You just though of that now? Having one of the world's best headers of the ball and thinking crossing into the box maybe a good tactic? Geez the stupidity and ignorance amazes me. This should have been an alternative tactic if not the primary tactic since day one.

Header hat trick for Timmy tonight.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rass said:

Precinct pretty quiet...

We're down from 2 to 1 in the past half-hour. This is just such a bloody stupid idea to play on a Thursday evening against a side we don't have a good record against and have never drawn a good crowd for except for David Villa's first home match for us.

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

JVS said:

IMG_20161110_172322.png

Really? You just though of that now? Having one of the world's best headers of the ball and thinking crossing into the box maybe a good tactic? Geez the stupidity and ignorance amazes me. This should have been an alternative tactic if not the primary tactic since day one.

Header hat trick for Timmy tonight.

Hahahaha. Holy shit this guy is cooked!

Just now, Jovan said:

Don't hold your breath. This could be our lowest crowd ever.

FWIW I think that was also against Newcastle when we ended our 18 game winless run played in that third kit and Orlando debuted.

was just over 4K from memory

3-1-4-2 coming up 

Franjic Jacobson Muscat

Malik

kamau.     Kilkenny. Caceras.       Brandan     

T and T

• Like 1