Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

51 minutes ago, playmaker said:

And amongst all the crap, we all know without a shadow of a doubt that if Bruno was given the chance he would give everything and bleed for this club from the moment he stepped onto the pitch.

That's what a great culture is CFG, not this shit you are handing out.

I'm not convinced anymore, maybe because Bruno himself has not said a word. If he was the one saying "I want to play, let me play", then I would absolutely be behind him. His silence has let my doubts fester to a point I'm not even sure who's in the wrong. 

42 minutes ago, HeartLand said:

Probably would've been Ryan from the membership team. He seems like a nice guy and knows his shit everytime I've spoken to him on the phone. He'd be given some sort of script to say. Minimal chance that the feedback was passed on.

Back on topic, I don't envy him. I reckon the complaints are heard by those higher than him, but much like the media shit show that the club is putting itself through, they just don't bother responding to the paying fans.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

used to dealing with bigger named players,

As a youth coach not a manager.

Coaching big name kids is vastly different than managing a senior squad with big named players that btw have earned that reputation due to work ethic and performance. As a manager he failed already with wigan but I would say his appointment had more to do with kicking off Melbourne City Puppy Farm inc. as Marwood alluded to that being a priority early last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, playmaker said:

As a youth coach not a manager.

Coaching big name kids is vastly different than managing a senior squad with big named players that btw have earned that reputation due to work ethic and performance. As a manager he failed already with wigan but I would say his appointment had more to do with kicking off Melbourne City Puppy Farm inc. as Marwood alluded to that being a priority early last year.

I never said he was good at it. My point is he had the personality that CFG wanted to play such a role because of his time working with big names at United. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am into my 4th year as a member this year with my partner and we have Blue memberships which has worked out well. She has some younger siblings and now they all love coming. We have taken them to many games just buying GA and I cop the downgrade in location. 

As they are getting older I was thinking about just getting a family membership but I literally cannot find info about how many tickets a family membership is for. It is probably on the City site, just cannot see it. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it 2 adults, 2 kids? If it is, or even 3 kids I might purchase it as it will probably be better value for money at the end of the day.

29 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I am into my 4th year as a member this year with my partner and we have Blue memberships which has worked out well. She has some younger siblings and now they all love coming. We have taken them to many games just buying GA and I cop the downgrade in location. 

As they are getting older I was thinking about just getting a family membership but I literally cannot find info about how many tickets a family membership is for. It is probably on the City site, just cannot see it. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it 2 adults, 2 kids? If it is, or even 3 kids I might purchase it as it will probably be better value for money at the end of the day.

@JMSTEP123 Here it is.

image.thumb.png.ac0629f04b07a850fc49688198369fc4.png

https://www.citymembership.com.au/faqs

To make sure of the details for City Blue call the Membership Line.

Edited by jw1739
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Awesome. Purchased 4 tix. Should start a topic early to get as many City supporters.

Take it easy.

When we are flying and playing a good style I still think most will still be reluctant to go to Marvel. (Me included)

Having said that I'll probably go anyway and regret it, most likely at the 12 minute mark. That KFC analogy in a previous pod was bang on.

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

Take it easy.

When we are flying and playing a good style I still think most will still be reluctant to go to Marvel. (Me included)

Having said that I'll probably go anyway and regret it, most likely at the 12 minute mark. That KFC analogy in a previous pod was bang on.

I go regardless we play well or shit (which is most of the times). Players need our support. Couldn't care less about Wazza.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I have been at every game in nearly 5 seasons?? Good one though! Good initiative by the club. Upgrade for one game or of your membership in general?

I thought I read that it was an upgrade to City Class for one match and that they selected 25 members for the offer each time? IIRC it is a very new initiative.

Whatever it is IMO it's a good idea. Anything that promotes an interest in the club is a good idea at this stage.

I wouldn't want an upgrade of my membership on a permanent basis, because we're in a group that meets on the train going in and coming home and sits together.

I don't have any that qualify, but I reckon for junior members the club could send out a birthday card signed by one or two players and enclose a team photo or something like that. IMO we need to make the connection between club and fans on a more personal level than it is at the moment. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I have been at every game in nearly 5 seasons?? Good one though! Good initiative by the club. Upgrade for one game or of your membership in general?

It’s just for the one game. I asked the people I sit with and no one else got the offer so I’m assuming it’s random. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I thought I read that it was an upgrade to City Class for one match and that they selected 25 members for the offer each time? IIRC it is a very new initiative.

Whatever it is IMO it's a good idea. Anything that promotes an interest in the club is a good idea at this stage.

I wouldn't want an upgrade of my membership on a permanent basis, because we're in a group that meets on the train going in and coming home and sits together.

I don't have any that qualify, but I reckon for junior members the club could send out a birthday card signed by one or two players and enclose a team photo or something like that. IMO we need to make the connection between club and fans on a more personal level than it is at the moment. 

Yeah nice. It is good acknowledgement by the club for the faithful sticking through and supporting through tough times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • jw1739 pinned this topic