Melbourne Football

What section are you all sitting in?

charlibub

Bought 4 x City Active in Aisle 25 and was planning to come with my bro and 2 others. Then my 7month pregnant missus goes, "what if I wanna come???" so I used her membership to buy an additional 4 x City Category B tickets in Aisle 14 "just in case" she decides to come with our 20month old toddler! Lol

Soooo I might have a couple of City Active/City Cat.B tix to sell in a few days!  :rolleyes:

Ticketmaster gave me the exact seat I chose

When I say Ticketmaster "gave me" I meant....after spending 1.5hours trying to get tix online I went to a outlet which was full of Tard fans 1 City Lady buying a ticket for her son and waited for 1.5hours to get 10 tickets all together....and I had no choice where I sat as the computer said NO to all other requests....so fuck off...

Edited by charlibub

Buying tickets today was a nightmare. Tried to get it online today to sit with my friend and his family but it didn't seem to want to work putting both codes in together. Gave up and let him book his tickets for the family.

Ended up on a different side of the stadium seated on my own, which isn't as fun.

L1 Aisle 10 is where I ended up. Too close to the MV area for my liking, but in the end just decided that I didn't want to miss it.

Buying tickets today was a nightmare. Tried to get it online today to sit with my friend and his family but it didn't seem to want to work putting both codes in together. Gave up and let him book his tickets for the family.

Ended up on a different side of the stadium seated on my own, which isn't as fun.

L1 Aisle 10 is where I ended up. Too close to the MV area for my liking, but in the end just decided that I didn't want to miss it.

Unfortunately I can't go because I will be overseas. But I don't understand (also from past experience buying tickets for a Socceroos match at AAMI) why getting the tickets you want has to be so bloody difficult. With the systems available today it ought to be simple. For example, if I want to book tickets at, say, the State Theatre I log on, nominate what price I'm interested in, what level in the auditorium, I'm presented with a plan of that level showing me what seats are still available, I nominate which I want by clicking on those seats, and they remain mine as long as I complete the on-line purchase within the allocated time frame - from memory around 5 minutes or so. If I don't complete the purchase within the time frame the seats are no longer mine and are returned to the "available" pool.

I realise that football stadiums are a lot bigger than theatres and and concert halls, but it would not be rocket science to have same system available. This "best available" idea is a lot of crap IMO.

I also think that it should be a lot easier to get the City members and friends are in one big area of the stadium and all the Victory supporters and friends in another.

Unfortunately I can't go because I will be overseas. But I don't understand (also from past experience buying tickets for a Socceroos match at AAMI) why getting the tickets you want has to be so bloody difficult. With the systems available today it ought to be simple. For example, if I want to book tickets at, say, the State Theatre I log on, nominate what price I'm interested in, what level in the auditorium, I'm presented with a plan of that level showing me what seats are still available, I nominate which I want by clicking on those seats, and they remain mine as long as I complete the on-line purchase within the allocated time frame - from memory around 5 minutes or so. If I don't complete the purchase within the time frame the seats are no longer mine and are returned to the "available" pool.

I realise that football stadiums are a lot bigger than theatres and and concert halls, but it would not be rocket science to have same system available. This "best available" idea is a lot of crap IMO.

I also think that it should be a lot easier to get the City members and friends are in one big area of the stadium and all the Victory supporters and friends in another. They were doing that for the first 5 minutes or so, then "demand got too excessive" and it was changed to the "best available" system. Neglecting to mention that to get in the allocated City members area you had to choose "Melbourne City non-active area", not the default "Melbourne City member" - that option got you seats around the north end. Seriously!

Edited by fidrildid6

I had no idea what was going on until I took the time to read my options... Got 8 tickets in active.

Wasn't the fault of the website. You were all excited to get tickets, that you didn't read what was going.

The goal of a ticketing company should be to make purchasing tickets a simple process. While purchasing the correct tickets was possible it wasn't a simple process. The fact that you had no idea what was going on and had to take your time and read through it tells me that it wasn't simple for you either. Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

Whilst I was on last night getting tickets,  a message came up saying they had disconnected the map option as there were too many people trying to get tickets just after the "football family" period opened.

I had to accept the automatic selection which has put us near the corner. Better than level 3 I suppose, but it would have been good to have a longer members period to select seats.

I had no idea what was going on until I took the time to read my options... Got 8 tickets in active.

Wasn't the fault of the website. You were all excited to get tickets, that you didn't read what was going.

The goal of a ticketing company should be to make purchasing tickets a simple process. While purchasing the correct tickets was possible it wasn't a simple process. The fact that you had no idea what was going on and had to take your time and read through it tells me that it wasn't simple for you either. Took my time because it diverted me from purchasing selected seating...

Either way, take your time you impatient cunts lol

The goal of a ticketing company should be to make purchasing tickets a simple process. While purchasing the correct tickets was possible it wasn't a simple process. The fact that you had no idea what was going on and had to take your time and read through it tells me that it wasn't simple for you either.Took my time because it diverted me from purchasing selected seating...

Either way, take your time you impatient cunts lol

Same here. As soon as it changed from allowing me to choose seat I read through all options.

That beings said it did fuck up on me multiple times and I had to keep re-entering my barcode.

I did like that the barcode was e-mailed out. A lot easier to cut and paste.

Hopefully this will happen for GA members for home derby's next season assuming the all reserved seat policy remains. Entering six bar codes only for the system to crash is an unnecessary pain. Cut and paste, the way to go!

• Like 1

Hopefully this will happen for GA members for home derby's next season assuming the all reserved seat policy remains. Entering six bar codes only for the system to crash is an unnecessary pain. Cut and paste, the way to go!

Someone pointed out to me if you type them into a spreadsheet or whatever you can cut and paste from that.

Someone pointed out to me if you type them into a spreadsheet or whatever you can cut and paste from that.

Good idea for future reference if e-mails not sent out.

Edited by Peter

I just noticed on the article Murfy 1 posted that the seats are not being brought forward for this game. A bit miffed as I would have tried to get further behind the goals or paid a bit more to be up the side lines from the corner.

C'est la vie.

You can always buy 4 adult general admission tickets nose bleed section for $350 on eBay.

According to his description:

"I have 4 tickets for sale to Melbourne Victory vs Melbourne City Semi final at Etihad Stadium

on Friday 8th May @ 7.30pm this will be one rival final you will need to see

Please call or SMS on xxxx xxx xxx

Cash on pick up only unless other arrangements please

Also happy to sell tickets separately or in a Group"

Lol

My issue was the payment process as it wouldn't allow my payment to go through when I entered my new card details. I ended up losing the seats I wanted and ended up 15 rows higher. I spoke to them today and sent a well worded email, probably to no avail. Still pissed off though.