Melbourne Football

TTDIM: Things that don't irk me

bazzatron

On 11/19/2015, 8:51:43, MHFCRC said:

I'm still not sure how a WW3 would go when you have the US and potentially Russia teaming up to fight these blokes.. would be over in a good 30 seconds I reckon. 

On 11/19/2015, 8:59:06, Tesla said:

Seems legit.

Well they found a way together in WW2, and ISIS seem to be doing a pretty good job at pissing everyone off including Putin... 

I also dont think the Australian Anthem is the greatest song but I always respect it and sing it as PPL fought and died so we could sing that Anthem and not the Japanese one.

Edited by cadete

35 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Along the Yarra is my spot. Start at Bridge Rd in Richmond then can go up or down stream. So on point.

I run a little further upstream a lot (near work), love running around Yarra Bend through all that bush land etc.  Cant beleive its in the middle of Australia's 2nd biggest city.

7 hours ago, cadete said:

Law at Melbourne.

Not really. Any undergrad degree, a sufficiently high LSAT score, and $100k+ qualifies you for Law at Melbourne. 

Or, any undergrad degree, and a really exceptional LSAT score.

Either way, an Arts degree doesn't qualify you for Law at Melbourne, otherwise Melbourne Uni would be balling even harder than it is (in the short term)  if it let every person with an arts degree that wants to do law to actually do it. And it would be even harder for law grads to get a job (not that any industry is particularly easy these days for grads but seems law is close to the worst). 

Edited by Tesla

3 hours ago, Tesla said:

Not really. Any undergrad degree, a sufficiently high LSAT score, and $100k+ qualifies you for Law at Melbourne. 

Or, any undergrad degree, and a really exceptional LSAT score.

Either way, an Arts degree doesn't qualify you for Law at Melbourne, otherwise Melbourne Uni would be balling even harder than it is (in the short term)  if it let every person with an arts degree that wants to do law to actually do it. And it would be even harder for law grads to get a job (not that any industry is particularly easy these days for grads but seems law is close to the worst). 

Fine smart arse, I did an Arts Degree at Melbourne majoring in Politics and got a job in... Politics.

So there you go someone who got a BA that studied something that specifically qualified them for a Relevant Graduate Position.

Not only this I know heaps of other PPL who "only did" Arts degrees from College that walked into very good jobs as soon as they finished Uni.

Edited by cadete

28 minutes ago, cadete said:

Fine smart arse, I did an Arts Degree at Melbourne majoring in Politics and got a job in... Politics.

So there you go someone who got a BA that studied something that specifically qualified them for a Graduate Position.

LOL I actually wasn't taking a shot at an Arts degree, it's a good degree especially at Melbourne with the Melbourne Model. If anything I was taking a shot at $100k+ degrees in the current economic climate (which is what a Melbourne JD costs if you don't get a CSP place which I think are pretty limited).

But it's not actually that hard to get into Arts (at least not since the Melbourne model, it may have been harder before) so you get a lot of people with an overinflated belief in their intelligence which I think is where a lot of the 'stereotypes' or whatever you want to call them come from (eg no job opportunities, pretentious, unrealistic expectations, etc).

PS, many years later, I still find it hilarious that 'African Drumming' is a legitimate subject you can do as part of an Arts degree at Melbourne (I think it's only half credit though).

Edited by Tesla

11 hours ago, Tesla said:

LOL I actually wasn't taking a shot at an Arts degree, it's a good degree especially at Melbourne with the Melbourne Model. If anything I was taking a shot at $100k+ degrees in the current economic climate (which is what a Melbourne JD costs if you don't get a CSP place which I think are pretty limited).

But it's not actually that hard to get into Arts (at least not since the Melbourne model, it may have been harder before) so you get a lot of people with an overinflated belief in their intelligence which I think is where a lot of the 'stereotypes' or whatever you want to call them come from (eg no job opportunities, pretentious, unrealistic expectations, etc).

PS, many years later, I still find it hilarious that 'African Drumming' is a legitimate subject you can do as part of an Arts degree at Melbourne (I think it's only half credit though).

Well FWIW when I was Melbourne before the current system the Enter Score for Arts was unbelievably high as a lot of PPL chose to do Arts there in a view to try do Law Post Grad rather than go to the other Uni's. (I think my year level was the highest ever - Mind you I snuck in the backdoor as a Uni Transfer) 

Then there were PPL that chose to do Arts at Melbourne because they cared more about going to a particular Colleges than their Academia at the time.

Edited by cadete

The best thing about Arts is the girls, not only are there a tons of attractive ones but if you're smart enough you can befriend them and get them do to do a lot of your work by simply borrowing their carefully composed Lecture Notes instead making those of your own.

I had a mate who I reckon did about five hours of study a semester to pass his Nursing Degree by using this method.

Edited by cadete

16 minutes ago, cadete said:

The best thing about Arts is the girls, not only are there a tons of attractive ones but if you're smart enough you can befriend them and get them do to do a lot of your work by simply borrowing their carefully composed Lecture Notes instead making those of your own.

I had a mate who I reckon did about five hours of study a semester to pass his Nursing Degree by using this method.

Can confirm that is how I passed my nursing/ paramedicine degree. Their handwriting is always so damn neat.