Melbourne Football

Matchday 10: v Newcastle - Sunday 15th December 6:30 pm at McDonald Jones Stadium

Harrison

1 hour ago, Harrison said:

A black hole would collapse and the Earth would be consumed if that ever happened. 

You mean a Star would collapse and form a black hole right?

3 hours ago, neio said:

I can see it now, Glover will be good today. Possibly keep a clean sheet, but next week in the Derby he will fuck it all up. And it will bite us on the ass then 

It’s coming home 😎

• Thanks 1

I spent last Friday night's game, unconscious and intubated, in ICU after an elective heart valve replacement. It sounds like I was the happiest City fan in town at the time. Today has boosted by recovery.

Positives:

We won, and with a clean sheet

a good reaction after last week, and we won away

Glover, commanded his box, always looked confident, and I wasn't used to feeding calm if the ball was approaching the box.

A very well balanced performance, no weak links, a definite game plan where every player understood their role.

Both Uruguayans performed well and showed what CFG saw in the them just need to stay at this level every week

Genreau, very good

Negatives:

We should have converted more opportunities

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 3

I criticised Florin last season but I gotta say, tonight he opened up the midfield when he came on which creates attacking opportunities. He is not a number 10 by any means and that belongs to Luna but he is a central midfielder and I feel as though we missed him to be honest.

We just have to wait and see but I would like to see all three Luna (att mid), Florin (central) and Brilliante all starting to he if we can create even better results against Victory and Sydney. 

• Like 2

Way too many positive posts in this thread, I worry the forum may collapse due to the lack of negativity.

27 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

I spent last Friday night's game, unconscious and intubated, in ICU after an elective heart valve replacement. It sounds like I was the happiest City fan in town at the time. Today has boosted by recovery.

Positives:

We won, and with a clean sheet

a good reaction after last week, and we won away

Glover, commanded his box, always looked confident, and I wasn't used to feeding calm if the ball was approaching the box.

A very well balanced performance, no weak links, a definite game plan where every player understood their role.

Both Uruguayans performed well and showed what CFG saw in the them just need to stay at this level every week

Genreau, very good

Negatives:

We should have converted more opportunities

Good to hear you are well mate!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

Describing it as 'well' may be a hopeful exaggeration at this stage, but home from hospital and on the road to recovery. I've gone from an Aloisi level heart valve to a Mombaerts level of cardiac performance by the time I fully recover. My goal is to walk to a home game this season

Good to hear that you're going alright mate. Being home is a huge step forward. I'm sure that everyone on here wishes you all the best for a full recovery. As fans we should also be friends. 

• Like 6