Melbourne Football

Brazil 2014 WCQ

Hendo

That was a deserved result for both teams. Japan dominated possession but were wasteful  in front of goal. We were well structured and play disciplined football even if we struggled as usual with midfield possession. The good thing from tonight's game is that even Holger can't drop Tommy Oar now, he was the only Aussie who could match the Japanese in technical ability with the ball.

Would have taken this result before the match started but feel ripped off now.

Between this game and watching the Heart for the past few seasons my wife is off to bed.

Was worth watching for Australia's goal LOL.

As Footballism said, Australia should qualify from here. Otherwise qualification is not deserved.

One thing is for sure, Australia is not as dominant in Asia as they were a few years ago.

Fuck. Goal was inevitable with how far we were sitting back. 1-1 draw away to Japan is still a good result but puts us under a lot of pressure in our last 2 games.

Hardly.

If we can't qualify from here we definitely don't deserve it.

4 points should do it. Maybe even a win next week if other results go our way.

There is no more pressure now than there was when qualifying started.

Good result.

true. IMO a draw is a very good result in Japan, as they really are a better team than us. - they are a lot sharper and cleaner anyways.

shit you mean the game on sbs and isn't live?

one hour delay.

Most would have taken that result before kick-off. At least now we're in control of our own fate, still need to beat Jordan and Iraq at home to make sure we're at Brazil. As long as we dont lose a game, or draw both we'll be in qualifiers. Luckily we've got a better GD than oman and jordan if it comes down to it.

I found it quite hilarious. Not sure why everyone in the comments is up in arms about it, it happens all the time. I'm sure the customs officers have a right to detain anyone they deem to be suspicious for questioning. Just unlucky that it had to be one of them. Jordanian's must think that it was deliberately done to delay their entry into the country hahaha. Who's going to recognize the Jordan national team coach anyway.

I hope the customs officer rolled around on the floor feigning injury in an attempt to have the manager sent off (back to Jordan). Then when he asked for his passport to be returned he held onto it for as long as possible just to waste a few extra seconds. Fuck middle eastern football.

• Like 1

They're predicting 40k + to rock up to the game. Can't see it happening, the Socceroos as a brand is currently at it's lowest ebb since pre 2005. The FFA need to realize it's no longer a cash cow that everyone will pay top dollar to see. Getting a full stadium and a hostile atmosphere should be #1 priority not charging exorbitant prices for tickets.

Can't believe these cunts want $95 for seats on the top level, no concessions either

To put that in perspective, I paid ~$120 IIRC total for five tickets (all three Aus, Eng v Germany, NZ v Slovakia) at the 2010 WC.

Kind of comparing apples and oranges, I know, but the amount we are asked to, and do, pay for events (among other things) in this country is ridiculous.

Edited by Total Eclipse
  • Like 1