Melbourne Football

Brazil 2014 WCQ

Hendo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0VWV98fj4

Japan with a dominate display over Oman. Honda, Maeda, Okazaki all netting.

Japanese squad:

GK: Kawashima

DF: Uchida, Yoshida, Konno, Nagatomo

MF: Hasebe, Endo, Okazaki, Honda, Kagawa

FW: Maeda

Bench:

GK: Nishikawa, Gonda

DF: Sakai H., Inoha, Komano, Kurihara

MF: Hosogai, Takahashi, Kengo, Miyaichi, Kiyotake

FW: Havenaar

Strongest Japanese squad ever assembled.

2upfnm0.png

Socceroos will kick off their campaign in Oman on Friday night. Really looking forward to the Japan game in Brisbane though, it's gun be good.

• Like 1

Oman 1-1 Australia

Wouldn't be surprised to see Oman snatch all 3 points either, stifling heat and an ageing Socceroo's squad should work into their favour.

Can't really see us winning, the squad struggled in the last phase of qualifying and Holger has done sweet FA to rejuvinate to 2010 squad.

Oman 1-1 Australia

Wouldn't be surprised to see Oman snatch all 3 points either, stifling heat and an ageing Socceroo's squad should work into their favour.

Can't really see us winning, the squad struggled in the last phase of qualifying and Holger has done sweet FA to rejuvinate to 2010 squad.

Agreed.

Watching Japan vs Jordan at the moment, it's too fucking easy mate. 20th minute, already 2-0 up. Maeda, Honda.

Stream:

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/55408/2/japan-vs-jordan-live-stream-online.html

Edited by Hendo

Japan are going to destroy us. I've always stuck to the hope that Holger was just joking around picking north, carney etc and when the actual qualifiers came along he would pick Oar, Leckie and so on...... So depressing.

If Holger is saying that he will not pick plays who don't play regularly than how the hell are north and spira getting picked! I honestly would have preferred half the team come from the A League. At least most of these guys have just played a full season. How many j league games has spira played this year out of a possible 14? A big fat 0!

And lastly, what the fuck Holger, on a day that is 40+, people are so stuffed that they are nearly walking, you decide to only use 2 subs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by drcolossus1

Crazy scheduling, not just having the game at 5pm in the heat, but apparently they few out at 5am the next day. So basically they got a few hours rest before heading to the airport.

Unfortunately, this is all a result of the FFA having zero influence and power in the Asian confederation, especially compared to the west Asian nations seem to have.

Just dropped a bet against my own country. I feel dirty.

It's a can't lose situation. If Australia win, you can be stoked for the 3 points, if Japan win you can console yourself with a few dollars. I picked up $100 the other day after putting $40 on Oman win/draw.

• Like 1

My boy Ognenovski not getting enough love.

Puts the team on his back every game ffs. Only Schwarzer has been more consistently better than him in recent times.

agreed, ognenovski was super last night. Can not say the same for a lot, including mark milligan and carl valeri. Also someone please explain why when you are a man down and there is 30 minutes to go, why you bring a sub on with one minute to go? WHY!!!

I am happy with the point even though it was a game we could have won (could have easily lost too). Some bizarre ref decisions, including calling a free kick, letting Honda set up the wall, waiting for him to start his run up then calling full time :blink:. Milligan's second yellow was pretty BS I thought. If you come in from the blind side and duck in for a header you can expect contact with your face. Seemed if the ref remembered he had already booked him he might not have given him that second yellow. The penalty was a bit dubious, but I have seen softer penalties given.

Ognenovski was boss hog (had it not for the cross bar he would have been on the back of every paper in the country) and I thought Brosque had a pretty good game too.

It may not always be pretty but the Mighty-Roos showed their never say die attitude once again.

• 1 month later...

Squad against Scotland.

Mark Bresciano, Alex Brosque, David Carney, Jason Davidson, Adam Federici, Chris Herd, Brett Holman, Mile Jedinak, Neil Kilkenny, Robbie Kruse, Mitch Langerak, Scott McDonald, Ryan McGowan, Lucas Neill, Sasa Ognenovski, Mark Schwarzer, Archie Thompson, Carl Valeri, Luke Wilkshire, Rhys Williams.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1115542/Osieck-plumps-for-some-Socceroos-surprises

Think Troisi is being allowed to settle into his new club, same as Cahill.

From that squad I'd like to see:

Federici

McGowan - Williams - Og - Davidson

Wilkshire - Herd

Bresciano - Holman - Brosque

McDonald

subs: Langerak, Jedinak, Kilkenny, Kruse, Carney, Valeri, Neill, Schwarzer

off cutting oranges or giving Holger oral relief: Thompson

Edited by mus-28
  • Like 2