Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

1 hour ago, AXIOM said:

Fantastic for the young lad. Not required here off on loan and now in the socceroos squad.

You say not required here. I'm not so sure about that in the longer term. IIRC DG is the only player we've sent away on loan, which IMO indicates that we still value him higher than the few hundred thousand Zwolle might have paid us for a transfer - he's still under contract with us, and we may well bring him back at the end of his period with Zwolle. All of McGree, Caceres and Brattan are only on loan to us and I can see DG playing in City colours again in the future.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Yep. That's 3 now. 

You could also include Behich and possibly stretch it to include Garuccio.

Incidentally, I see Birighitti is not included in the squad of 31. It would be interesting to know whether City is trying to offload a GK in order to sign him.

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You could also include Behich and possibly stretch it to include Garuccio.

Incidentally, I see Birighitti is not included in the squad of 31. It would be interesting to know whether City is trying to offload a GK in order to sign him.

Yeh I remembered Behich after but couldn't be arsed changing it. Adelaide could prob lay claim to Garruccio. 

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

You say not required here. I'm not so sure about that in the longer term. IIRC DG is the only player we've sent away on loan, which IMO indicates that we still value him higher than the few hundred thousand Zwolle might have paid us for a transfer - he's still under contract with us, and we may well bring him back at the end of his period with Zwolle. All of McGree, Caceres and Brattan are only on loan to us and I can see DG playing in City colours again in the future.

I did mean for this year. Clearly a loan deal was set up for that reason. Loans can work well for both parties and look how its turned out for DG so far.

1 hour ago, Dylan said:

There is no more deserving player to get this type of move that Aziz has done

Yes, Behich to PSV Eindhoven on a three-season contract. Well done lad.

Bouzanis to PEC Zwolle for a one-season loan with option to buy at the end of the season if things go well.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Bugger. No points for an inspired guess? Life's a bitch. 

Crikey. This is supposed to be where you therefore claim it was inside info (Like every one else thst guesses correctly). Come on mate, lift to “silly season standard”

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

There is no more deserving player to get this type of move that Aziz has done

This.

hats off to Aziz who with a bit of talent and a hell of a lot of hard work and dedication showed what can be possible. By all reports he’s stayed a nice guy too.

Salute!

oh any comments @Tesla or @cadete?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Suspect not. It was the 'Tards who gave him his first professional contract. Bastards always manage to put one over us somehow.

Comes down to the terms of the transfer to his Turkish club. I know Heart talked about on selling fees as something they were getting expert advice on, so I’d expect they did negotiate some sort of percentage of a future transfer fee. Also the much maligned John Didiluca put together some canny deals so I reckon he would have made sure there was an on sell percentage clause, so no doubt the CFG accountant is very happy.

As to the Tards, I assume your comment was tongue in cheek @jw1739. Tards released Behich on a free.

4 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Comes down to the terms of the transfer to his Turkish club. I know Heart talked about on selling fees as something they were getting expert advice on, so I’d expect they did negotiate some sort of percentage of a future transfer fee. Also the much maligned John Didiluca put together some canny deals so I reckon he would have made sure there was an on sell percentage clause, so no doubt the CFG accountant is very happy.

As to the Tards, I assume your comment was tongue in cheek @jw1739. Tards released Behich on a free.

@Shahanga Ah, yes. I'd forgotten JD. You're quite right, he did just that. I think the classic was selling Eli Babalj twice.

However, as well as on-selling arrangements, isn't there something in FIFA rules about the player's first professional contract?

@jw1739 ah, what your talking about is training compensation.

My understanding is that this would be in addition to any transfer fees and would be a matter between Bursapor & Victory. Given 1) it seems it’s difficult to enforce   2) they did fuck all training and threw him out the door 3) if there was any compensation they’ve probably already been paid by heart first time around; I’m assuming they are getting nuthin’