Melbourne Football

Season's over. We now know where we are at. Start planning for 2019/20 now

Jovan

1 hour ago, Imtellingyou said:

For most of the clubs in Europe this season is over. They won't even have a second chance, playoffs. 

There are members and members who stay with the club in a good times and a bad times. 

But no of them, and no of them have had to endure Joyceball for 2 seasons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Macca says "Players want to know who's in charge" . Well what's happening behind closed doors down at La Trobe??????

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/city-players-want-clarity-on-coach-joyce-s-tenure-20190403-p51ads.html

City players want clarity on coach Joyce's tenure

By Ben McKay

April 3, 2019 — 2.06pm

Melbourne City marquee Jamie Maclaren says his teammates want to know who's coaching the A-League club next season but have to put aside uncertainty over Warren Joyce's future as they gear up for finals.

He's also appealed to the club's stay-away fans to jump on for the final month of the season to create something special.

City have three home fixtures in their last four regular-season rounds, beginning with the visit of Maclaren's former side Brisbane to AAMI Park on Friday night.

The talk around sixth-placed City isn't about how they might do in May but who might come in to replace Joyce at season's end.

The Englishman, who steered City to a semi-final exit last season, is out of contract at the end of the campaign.

Joyce is reportedly in the mix to coach Wellington next season if, as expected, Mark Rudan leaves the Phoenix to coach expansion club Western United.

Maclaren addressed the looming changes on Wednesday.

"Players want to know who's in charge," he said.

"But at the end of the day, the manager comes in with a smile on his face.

"For us, there are players off-contract as well; it's not just the manager.

"Some players don't even know where they are going to be.

"We all need to be on the same train ... to get to finals.

"When you get into finals whoever turns up on the night gets through.

"You need to focus. All the boys out there are giving their all and that's all I can say."

Maclaren's honesty extended to City's fans, who have protested Joyce's tenure in recent weeks.

While City are on a nine-match unbeaten home run, the past three matches at AAMI Park have yielded less than 20,000 fans in total.

Maclaren acknowledged unease in the stands but said it was time to come together.

"Right now we need the support," he said.

"As much as there's a bit of animosity at the moment, we need them. It's as simple as that."

The Socceroos striker missed City's last match, a 3-0 loss at Western Sydney, with concussion but is fit to resume on Friday night.

He revealed the cause was a stray shot from teammate Kearyn Baccus on the training ground.

"We were having a bit of a joke saying he should never shoot again," Maclaren said.

"It hit me clean in the temple and I was out for about three minutes.

"It was a freak accident.

"I've been hit harder in the head before and been fine ... I'm raring to go for Friday."

12 hours ago, CityHeart said:

is the season still going?

I said at the start of the year that I would not attend another game whilst Munn and Joyce are here, and have been true to this word. Havnt attended a game since.

If he is not sacked, not even sure I will accept a re-deployment to youth or a homesick excuse, I will not renew and probably be done with this club on a week by week following mode.

The A-league is pretty much dead to me anyway - should be over by now as winter sports swamp it. But this club makes it all the much harder as well.

Lol. Inb4 the only reason Munn was moved on was because he reccommended that WJ be fucked off...

• 8 months later...