Melbourne Football

Versatile visa forward who’s played in England

Harrison

On 1/30/2019 at 8:15 PM, fensaddler said:

There's the rub. We'll be really miserable and still rock up. 

It's a laugh and all, but I don't think the issue is with the rusted ons. There'll always be rusted ons. It's casual fans who get along to maybe half the home games, but don't feel the need to jump on a supporters forum and what have you.

We're in year 5 of Melbourne City now and we have home crowds hovering around the 5,000 mark. Our results are better than Melbourne Heart, but we've pretty much been in a holding pattern since year 2 of City. I can't believe that those in charge wouldn't be concerned by the crowd numbers.

Attendances have disappeared all over the league this year. I think WSW (mitigating circumstances) and CCM are all headed for their lowest average attendance ever while Adelaide is probably going to go close to their worst attendance for a season too.

Absolutely doesn't fit the profile of a player we'd get but Diego Tardelli out of contract as of the last week or so.

I shall be disappointed if this signing doesn't materialise, but my gut feeling is that it won't. IMO we should have been able to do it considering all the releases we've had and the time available, and it could have been just for the remainder of this season. No need for anything fancy or complicated.

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I shall be disappointed if this signing doesn't materialise, but my gut feeling is that it won't. IMO we should have been able to do it considering all the releases we've had and the time available, and it could have been just for the remainder of this season. No need for anything fancy or complicated.

Mate it’s done

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

This one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Erwin_(footballer)

Reported to have left his club in the Persian Gulf Pro League last December. Would he be deemed a free agent?

Yup, that's him - pretty sure he is a free agent, well Transfermarkt says he is :)

Just came across this bloke looking through that list for someone who could possibly fit.

6 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

If Maclaren is under the cap for the remainder of the season than there might not be any funds left for another player.

Good point. But considering they had both Maclaren and Hoolahan accounted for up until a couple of days ago, I am sure they have done some nice creative work to get that other player.

1 minute ago, HughJass said:

Unless it's  200k for 6 months then marquee deal at whatever outside the cap

It’s definitely backended but to what extent we don’t know. 

They might be giving him peanuts until the end of the season to allow for another signing. 

We’ll have to wait and see. 

• Like 2

• jw1739 locked this topic