Melbourne Football

The annual JW1739 and KOH birthday match vs Newy. Jan 6th, 5pm

kingofhearts

6 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

I think people are being overly negative. Yes the 2nd half was hard to watch, very frustrating at times, and the Jets controlled the game, but they lost and we won.

I’ve seen many of our games in the past when we looked like Barcelona at times, but copped shit soft goals and ended up losing or dropping points, which undid all the joy of seeing a patch of awesome play.

In the second half, the guys did try to break down the Jets, but being a goal up, as a team we were more focused on defence, and didn’t concede. Also the Jets goal did come from an error, so it’s not like they were overly dangerous to be truthful.

A wins a win. Be happy with that, as the 3 points in the bag will be worth more happiness at the end of the season if we sneak into Asia, than a dissatisfying win at home on a pretty warm Sunday arvo.

I'm happy to take a win. But I'm not happy how we played. I lost my vision by full time from gouging my very own eyes out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

I think people are being overly negative. Yes the 2nd half was hard to watch, very frustrating at times, and the Jets controlled the game, but they lost and we won.

I’ve seen many of our games in the past when we looked like Barcelona at times, but copped shit soft goals and ended up losing or dropping points, which undid all the joy of seeing a patch of awesome play.

In the second half, the guys did try to break down the Jets, but being a goal up, as a team we were more focused on defence, and didn’t concede. Also the Jets goal did come from an error, so it’s not like they were overly dangerous to be truthful.

A wins a win. Be happy with that, as the 3 points in the bag will be worth more happiness at the end of the season if we sneak into Asia, than a dissatisfying win at home on a pretty warm Sunday arvo.

Sydney slammed 5 (FIVE) goals past a 10 man CCM team. City didn't.

8 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

wow. just wow. 

how do you dislike x100? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Deluka said:

Metcalfe looked alright, wouldn’t mind seeing a bit more game time for him in what is a pretty hectic January period.

Was a pretty dull second half, Euge making up for his error with the save on Hoffman and good goal line clearance from Brattan but we really do lack that killer instinct and ability to put teams to bed.

I agree Metcalfe looked very reasonable and worth getting more game time. Difficult game for a 10 to play without a dedicated no 9. I think this kid looks the goods TBH. I have seen him in the youth and he was a dominant player. According to Transfer Market he has only had 18 min of game time in AL. I prepared to say that given more minutes from Joyce he will develop the confidence and experience to be a starter. These bench players need time on the park to be quality substitute players ATM. If we are using youth on Bench it reduces the risk of errors if they play more. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Missing_Moy said:

Atkinson is not a wingerera butthole he was very good last season at RB

needs to be a bench player for the final 30 when Richie’s injury flares up

The other player who could sub on for Ritchie is Pierias. He is a dedicated RB and gets up and down the pitch well. I actually think he is better than Atkinson but is a bit younger i think. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, citymad said:

The other player who could sub on for Ritchie is Pierias. He is a dedicated RB and gets up and down the pitch well. I actually think he is better than Atkinson but is a bit younger i think. 

I like what I have seen from the lad as well, you know what that means, he will be gone at the end of the year.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, citymad said:

He's a pretty attacking option for a RB though. Given we had a lead, i can def see the sense in bringing on a more defensive option. Had it still been level or behind, imo he'd have come on and Good wouldnt have.

When the sub was made Atkinson moved to the wing and Good at CB with Delbo moved to RB. Atkinson only played at RB after it was apparent Ritchie was cooked about 20 min into the first half, until he went off.

Edited by bt50

1 hour ago, citymad said:

I thought it was weird that we subbed on Good instead of Dylan but he is only 17/18 years old 

On 06/01/2019 at 0:04 PM, Tomi said:

Heard at the yoof game MOH has left the club and gone back to Scotland. Not sure how reliable though

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/o-halloran-departs-melbourne-city-but-baccus-staying

Whoever you were speaking to got it spot on so you were the first person to reveal this info to the forum.

Keep it comin Tomi the club obviously tell the fans nothing. It is still not on the Melbourne City website!!

will smith applause GIF

44 minutes ago, playmaker said:

One thing I forgot to mention, which is a positive btw, is that I am so happy Brattan is pulling the trigger from outside the box this season which is something I had a big whinge about last season.

Vast improvement.

Tbh i think this is largely because he's now playing as a 10 rather than a 6 or 8  for the past month and he's a bit further advanced and attack minded. 
I actually think the move of Bratts to the 10 in the past month has been a large reason why we've put a little unbeaten run together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Tbh i think this is largely because he's now playing as a 10 rather than a 6 or 8  for the past month and he's a bit further advanced and attack minded. 
I actually think the move of Bratts to the 10 in the past month has been a large reason why we've put a little unbeaten run together.

Yep, makes a lot more incisive passes then anyone in the team, it's really important he's at the 10 and not one of the holding midfielders for mine.

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Next minute - gone.

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Regardless of where he was playing last season, he still had a lot of opportunities to pull the trigger but didn't. It is mindset not positional.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:09 AM, citymad said:

Have you seen Pierias play?

4 minutes ago, AXIOM said:

Have you seen Pierias play?

Yes in the youth. He always does well getting in behind in for a wide cross or cutting in for a long range shot. He could do some more work defensively i know but WJ cold whip him into shape i think. Plus he could learn  a lot from de Leat. I honestly think he has better go forward than Atkinson, who is currently no 2 behind De Leat as a RB.  

• Like 1