Melbourne Football

Rd. 9, Sat 2 Dec, vs. Newcastle, away

jw1739

Wazza may be the world's best coach and may have been exactly what the team needs but even if this were true it's irrelevant when you've lost the players

40% possession

No shots on target

No shots at all

One ball into the box that results in a penalty that really flatters an abject performance. No intensity or desire, 11 strangers on the pitch, many yelling abusing each other. Glacial ball movement, inability to string passes together.

Great assist from Marcin... for Jets

#WazzaOut

2 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

If Wazza has not lost the players he certainly lost me. I don't recall feeling this kind of despair since Aloisi was coaching Heart. We can talk about clearing out the squad but more than likely we would need to turf out 26 players or just one useless unimaginative coach.

At least then we had a poor squad as well as a poor coach

Edited by belaguttman
  • Thanks 1

Still shaking my head and wondering how we are level.

This has to be one of the worst performances I have watched from our team. We have no cohesion whatsoever. The defence needs to push up, so that our midfield can get further up the field and give us a chance of creating something.

Why Joyce is playing Budzinski at left wing is a complete mystery. He looks totally lost out there. We should switch him with Mauk or bring Jacobsen to left back and play Jamieson ahead of him. Budzinski needs to be playing behind McCormack or be substituted. Also Muscat needs to come off. He is totally lost when he has to pass forward.

1 minute ago, jeffplz said:

Joyce hasn’t made his own signings. it’s not his fault Mccormack cant finish, Budzinski has a shit touch and for the rubbish muscat

Sorry mate that’s not true.

he was there when both MCCormack and Bud were signed.

in any case it’s his choice who he plays. Most football people would surely start Pieraras over Manny but not Wazza.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

Joyce hasn’t made his own signings. it’s not his fault Mccormack cant finish, Budzinski has a shit touch and for the rubbish muscat

It’s his fault he plays a midfielder with no pace at left wing and instead of changing things around after 20 minutes when it was clear he was struggling, he waits until half time to change things. Also, it is his fault the team has no cohesion. Instead, it sounds as if he wants to pick fights and has a result, players like Kilkenny are left to waste in the stands.

2 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

I rarely defend a manager, but this time I can’t find something he’s objectively done wrong tactics wise. What else can we try?

Picking our best side? How about that?

not playing defenders in midfield?

playing Australia’s best striker?

having a midfielder on the bench instead of a 6th defender?

4 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

We don’t have a best side

We have no attacking midfielders, we want defense don’t we?

Australias best striker couldnt link up with the best A-league striker last season, wtf could he do here?

Aren’t Mauk and Budzinski supposed to be attacking midfielders? What about young Arzani? How about playing the young fullback Pereiras and Jacobsen alongside Bort.

He has plenty of options.

3 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

We don’t have a best side

We have no attacking midfielders, we want defense don’t we?

Australias best striker couldnt link up with the best A-league striker last season, wtf could he do here?

———

Ok here’s some specifics (sorry about the quotes, stuffed up)

Neil Kilkenny needs to start every week. That’s a given. Anything else is simply retarded.

Then give Cahill and Ross a chance to understand each other. 

genreau needs to at least make the bench.

Play wingers on the wing.

Do that and we then have a chance to hold the ball and create something