Melbourne Football

ACL Matchday 6, City vs Zhejiang, Tuesday 12th

fensaddler

8 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I'm convinced it would have stayed 1-0 or even 2-0 with Natel and Arslan on the park a little longer.

Why does Arslan keep going off at around the 70 minute mark? Seems like it happens regularly or maybe I'm mistaken?

9 hours ago, moops said:

Well that changes things in my mind about him then, I had that totally wrong for some reason.

That's OK. We're all so bloody cheesed off we could write anything.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, moops said:

I just watched the highlights and I still don't understand why the first goal was ruled out, if anyone can explain that one to me?

The only possibility is that the player receiving the pass out wide was deemed offside, because the final pass was not to an offside player.

This is where the use of a VAR runs into trouble - how far back in the play do you go?

Very stiff decision.

18 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

The only possibility is that the player receiving the pass out wide was deemed offside, because the final pass was not to an offside player.

This is where the use of a VAR runs into trouble - how far back in the play do you go?

Very stiff decision.

I watched the highlights and it was Jakolis who received wide, to me their right sided CD was playing him on, for once Jakolis actually slowed his run a few steps in to stay onside.

2 hours ago, moops said:

I just watched the highlights and I still don't understand why the first goal was ruled out, if anyone can explain that one to me?

That was the Natel tap in? Both Natel and Arslan were offside when the ball was played so it didn’t matter that Tolgay let it run.

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Okay that one.

Leckie committed a foul when letting ball go through.

Wow, looks to me the defender got off balance when he noticed the ball going behind him, there was a little shoulder to shoulder battle, but no holding that I can see.