Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 1 - City vs Generic United Saturday 21st Oct - 5.30 pm kickoff

MHFC-FAN

Finally the new season is just one week away.

Reckon the generic lot have recruited fairly well this season, particularly in midfield...going to be a much tougher encounter than what they offered up last season!

Would love to take the 3 points but not feeling hugely confident at the moment.

C'mon City!! 

6 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Finally the new season is just one week away.

Reckon the generic lot have recruited fairly well this season, particularly in midfield...going to be a much tougher encounter than what they offered up last season!

Would love to take the 3 points but not feeling hugely confident at the moment.

C'mon City!! 

Hard to know really. Very little news comes out of the club on the A-League - recent focus seems to be on the women's team and new commercial agreements. I'd like to see something on how the boys are tracking - especially Leckie and Natel. Ho-hum.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, citypool said:

We are calling them generic united but these guys are making moves while we just exist. 

It's a small grand stand next to a cow paddock in the middle of nowhere, settle down mate...

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'd like to know about Leo Natel...

How long does a candle burn?

Apparently so. Takes 9 minutes by road. Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to walk, but that's not strolling. I'd say they'd need to lay on buses for people to go there. Reminds me of the stadium at Morwell.

Stadium location and ease of access by PT is a key factor in attendances. No way I'd be interested in an City away match played there. Just too much hassle to get there.

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to walk, but that's not strolling.

6ks a 45 minute walk? 6ks is a half hour run at 5:00km pace, which isn't slow.

14 hours ago, citypool said:

We are calling them generic united but these guys are making moves while we just exist. 

Come on guys, I'd put both CFA Casey and CFA Bundoora over this solitary little stand in the middle of nowhere thats taken them 5 years to build 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bannon said:

If you are content with that pit of a thing then jeez that's saying something.

What's it saying? Our owners don't even care about us fans. We're just a football factory a sales shop in Melbourne. 

Old grandad as coach 

Don't even have the red and white as an away top 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

It is a bugger of a place to get to. Close to the rail line, but about halfway between the current Tarneit and Wyndham Vale stations. Will even be a bugger to drive as the road network round there is still a mess. I'm not holding my breath for the new station, though if and when it's built, it will become very accessible.

7 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

It is a bugger of a place to get to. Close to the rail line, but about halfway between the current Tarneit and Wyndham Vale stations. Will even be a bugger to drive as the road network round there is still a mess. I'm not holding my breath for the new station, though if and when it's built, it will become very accessible.

They will add buses from the station it won't be glamorous but the club is trying 

30 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

It is a bugger of a place to get to....

Exactly. Whether walk, bus, train, fly. As for comparing Tarneit, Casey Fields and Bundoora in terms of accessibility, it very much depends on where you live. I happen to live in a suburb from which all three are a hassle to get to, whether by car or PT.

I'd also venture to suggest that @citypool's comments are rather less about this Tarneit thing in particular but rather more about City not being particularly informative so far this season. The thread about the FRG being an example.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, citypool said:

Yarraside were the best they sung about the players had a laff.

Dunno how hard it is to do or why there's issues 

Basically because "active" groups have been stifled by the administrators of the game and in our case by the MOPT who run AAMI Park. And the clubs haven't helped either. Certainly in the case of City, which has progressively pushed fans to arms' length. Instead of taking the steps required to weed out any actual trouble makers, all fans entering the stadium are made to suffer.

• Like 3