Melbourne Football

Matchday(s) 16/17

Dylan

36 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Why the fuck wernt Perth this garbage when they played us?

Could have said that about Brisbane Friday night.

Then again these teams know we won't keep a clean sheet so they can just sit back and counter.

Sydney are better defensively so those teams feel the need to play more aggressively.

Could be part of the usual FFA / Sydney conspiracy theories too though to get Sydney another title so who knows :ph34r:

Edited by mattyh001

8 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Fuck this game is dull

TBH, most A-League matches are. I never understand why the TV channels are interested. Most of the stadiums are shithouse for football, and generally far too big for the number of spectators - the occasional exceptions being MV and Adelaide. And  the commentators and TV camera work are not up to the mark. And I reckon the introduction of Thursday matches detracts from the impact that each round of the competition has. IMO far better to play all the matches simultaneously.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

TBH, most A-League matches are. I never understand why the TV channels are interested. Most of the stadiums are shithouse for football, and generally far too big for the number of spectators - the occasional exceptions being MV and Adelaide. And  the commentators and TV camera work are not up to the mark. And I reckon the introduction of Thursday matches detracts from the impact that each round of the competition has. IMO far better to play all the matches simultaneously.

Which stadiums are far too big ? 

Suncorp being the classic case of a stadium being too big for its tenant. If Brisbane Roar played in a Hindmarsh capacity equivalent (or even an AAMI Park), the perception of their crowd figures would be A LOT different. 

And I've seen a few people say that a Geelong bid won't work due to them having to play at Kardinia Park. Well, if that's the case, then South Melbourne playing at Lakeside wouldn't make viewing any better with a fucking race track around it. 

And yes, I understand that Kardinia Park's capacity is a fair bit bigger than Lakeside, but the viewing of the pitch is definitely much better than Etihad at least (in most areas anyway).

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

3 hours ago, n i k o said:

Almost all of them 

Its pretty Much only Suncorp and Newcastle 

2 hours ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

Suncorp being the classic case of a stadium being too big for its tenant. If Brisbane Roar played in a Hindmarsh capacity equivalent (or even an AAMI Park), the perception of their crowd figures would be A LOT different. 

And I've seen a few people say that a Geelong bid won't work due to them having to play at Kardinia Park. Well, if that's the case, then South Melbourne playing at Lakeside wouldn't make viewing any better with a fucking race track around it. 

And yes, I understand that Kardinia Park's capacity is a fair bit bigger than Lakeside, but the viewing of the pitch is definitely much better than Etihad at least (in most areas anyway).

Yep, Souths bid is a joke too 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris p said:

Its pretty Much only Suncorp and Newcastle 

Nah it's not just those ones. Stadiums that are too big for the supporters base are the following 

AAMI Park - Us

Etihad - Tards

Suncorp - Roar

Allianz - Sydney

Spotless (temporary for 3 years) - WSW

NIB - Perth (20k capacity is good size but usually only fill 50% of this on average) 

Hunter - Newcastle

Westpac - Nix

CCS - CCM (Good capacity -20k..... but too big for their supporter base, struggle to fill 25% on average) 

The only stadium which is closest to being the right size is Hindmarsh (15k capacity) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...