Melbourne Football

FFA Cup 2016: Quarter-final v. WSW Wed 21 Sep 7.30pm AAMI Park

jw1739

I will be surprised if JVS plays 3-5-2. He will want to keep a solid shape so I expect to see a 4-2-1-3

Cahill will probably play behind Bruno with Kilkenny and Brattan as the two deepest midfielders.

I expect this line up

Sorenson

Muscat                           Malik                           Jakobsen              Rose

Kilkenny                       Brattan

Cahill

Kamau                           Bruno                    Brandan

Subs: Bouzanis, Retre, Chapman, Caceres, Fitzgerald

38 minutes ago, silva10 said:

I will be surprised if JVS plays 3-5-2. He will want to keep a solid shape so I expect to see a 4-2-1-3

Cahill will probably play behind Bruno with Kilkenny and Brattan as the two deepest midfielders.

I expect this line up

Sorenson

Muscat                           Malik                           Jakobsen              Rose

Kilkenny                       Brattan

Cahill

Kamau                           Bruno                    Brandan

Subs: Bouzanis, Retre, Chapman, Caceres, Fitzgerald

Just hope he doesn't play that high press from the onset and just has a bit of patience and balance to start with or we might concede on the counter early. WSW are set up quite good for this. But I agree a back 4 2 is solid. Hope you are right.

11 hours ago, bt50 said:

One of the plebs that seems in the know over on the wsw forum seems to think theyll line up like this :

Redmayne
Neville, NTS, Aspro, Hamill
Dimas, Pinatares
Jumpei, Nichols, Lustica
Bulut

Bench: Tyson, Borda, Cole, Nico, Santalab 

Not a very strong side but they are seriously advantaged over us having Poppa

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bt50 said:

One of the plebs that seems in the know over on the wsw forum seems to think theyll line up like this :

Redmayne
Dimas, Pinatares
Jumpei, Nichols, Lustica
Bulut

Good, I dont want to see Melling play for those flogs against us

14 hours ago, bt50 said:

Redmayne
Dimas, Pinatares
Jumpei, Nichols, Lustica
Bulut

Completely forgot about the fact that Redmayne will play. I'm sure he's looking forward to keeping at our end once again haha

For some Attendance comparisons in the past (2015 and 2016) between A league teams.

2016:

RO32:
Western Sydney Wanderers VS Wellington Phoenix - Campbelltown Stadium Attendance: 3,212
Newcastle Jets VS Melbourne Victory - Magic Park, Newcastle  Attendance: 1,956
Brisbane Roar VS Perth Glory - Ballymore Stadium, Brisbane Attendance: 3,028

RO16:
Perth Glory VS Sydney FC - Dorrien Gardens, Perth Attendance: 2,661

2015: 

RO32:
Western Sydney Wanderers VS Brisbane Roar - Pepper Stadium, Sydney Attendance: 6,028
Newcastle Jets VS Perth Glory - Magic Park, Newcastle Attendance: 2,563
Central Coast Mariners VS Wellington Phoenix - Central Coast Stadium, Gosford Attendance: 6,111

RO16:
Adelaide United VS Sydney FC - Coopers Stadium, Adelaide Attendance: 5,066
Melbourne City VS Wellington Phoenix - AAMI Park, Melbourne Attendance: 4,027

QTR Finals:
Melbourne Victory VS Adelaide United - AAMI Park, Melbourne Attendance: 10,521
Perth Glory VS Western Sydney Wanderers - Dorrien Gardens, Perth Attendance: 3,003

Semi Finals:
Perth Glory VS Melbourne City - nib Stadium, Perth Attendance: 4,165

Final: 
Melbourne Victory VS Perth Glory - AAMI Park, Melbourne Attendance: 15,098

4 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

I'm probably driving into the game tonight, just want to see where I could park for free close to AAMI?

Anyone got any streets they park in?

I usually park in Clarendon St and then walk through the G and over the train lines to AAMi. It's about a 15 minute walk - it's a shit walk after a loss. You'll probably be able to find something closer given it's a weeknight and nothing is on.

I reckon we'll lose this 4-1. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

I'm probably driving into the game tonight, just want to see where I could park for free close to AAMI?

Anyone got any streets they park in?

Just park in the Carepark or whatever it is on the corner of swan and punt near the train bridge. They have no legal right to fine you so you could get away without a ticket if you wish given there is no boom gate....:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hellenic Hero said:

You know, the thing you use to get in... Sorry if this is a dumb question, am a first time member.

The membership cards haven't been sent out to anyone yet. Have to buy a ticket. You can use the code FFACUPCITY on ticketek to get half price off the ticket but will be charged an extra $5 for 'handling' or whatever. Or you have to get at the gate.

2 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

The membership cards haven't been sent out to anyone yet. Have to buy a ticket. You can use the code FFACUPCITY on ticketek to get half price off the ticket but will be charged an extra $5 for 'handling' or whatever. Or you have to get at the gate.

Do they come with the the membership pack?

3 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Yep, just checked. Sorry again if this is a dumb question, but will the same arrangements as tonight take place in the Derby?

Depends on where you want to sit. If you want the away active area, they go on sale this Friday and you will have to enter the last 12 digits of your membership barcode (which I believe they'll send tomorrow mayne) to buy. Or if you're just gonna sit in normal reserved seating around the ground, it's already on sale.

EDIT: this is for the away derby at Etihad if thatw hat you're asking.

Edited by hakz7
  • Like 2