Melbourne Football

Tim Cahill

Murfy1

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Good stuff, seems Hyundai is a good sponsor. 

But how the fuck is that a major announcement lol.

Probably their fukd up way of trying to re-assure the rest of the league they're not CFG puppets, because of our Nissan sponsorship. 

9 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

I don't reckon he will come here... it's at least a season too early for him, if he flops in the 16/17 season his World Cup dreams of 2018 could be shattered.

Hope he doesn't TBH. It's an FFA marketing exercise and we don't need him - look at the players we have in midifeld and up front - more than adequate to do the job. Kamau, Brandan, Bruno, Caceres, Bratton, Kilkenny, backed up by Melling, Gameiro, Fitzgerald, Retre, Arzani, Kuzi.
Would be good for the league to have TC playing, but let him play for Bling FC.
Gallop seems to have poured a little cold water on the possibility anyway, and I note that he keeps emphasising that the new "Cahill Marquee Rule" is only for next season, so why possibly disrupt a squad for just the one season?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/david-gallop-warns-new-guest-player-marquee-rule-may-not-mean-more-big-name-aleague-signings/news-story/b1a8940ce118d20a8512a6edb8f7f952

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Anyone who doesn't want this bloke playing for us is kidding themselves. Yeah he's a bit of a flog, but all Aussie sporting legends are. Yeah it's obviously a marketing thing, but I'm keen to see a lot less empty seats at AAMI Park (despite what my username suggests). How could you not want to see this bloke destroy corner flags across the country in a City jersey?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Anyone who doesn't want this bloke playing for us is kidding themselves. Yeah he's a bit of a flog, but all Aussie sporting legends are. Yeah it's obviously a marketing thing, but I'm keen to see a lot less empty seats at AAMI Park (despite what my username suggests). How could you not want to see this bloke destroy corner flags across the country in a City jersey?

You are a flog for wanting everyone to think like you. Maybe a lemming is more apt. 

10 minutes ago, morphine said:

You are a flog for wanting everyone to think like you. Maybe a lemming is more apt. 

Never said you had to think like me, simply that you were kidding yourself if you disagreed with me :up: and with the way you constantly piss and moan about all the people who've  chosen to embrace sky blue, I'd say you're guilty of being a flog for wanting everyone to think like you. Maybe a cunt is more apt?

• Like 5

"Mooy and city blue? Fuck you Man City. I'm out for good. 

What an utter, utter shame that the one true club I loved has been bastardised."

-Morphine

If you're out then why the fuck do you care what GreenSeater thinks and why are you still bitching and moaning on this forum?

Edited by Embee
  • Like 5

As has been said countless times in the past two years, you're absolutely entitled to feel miffed and disenfranchised with the club over the takeover, but its done, everyone has done the argument to death so dont be surprised when every time you mention it people tell you to stfu. 

Get over it or move on. Simples.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

As has been said countless times in the past two years, you're absolutely entitled to feel miffed and disenfranchised with the club over the takeover, but its done, everyone has done the argument to death so dont be surprised when every time you mention it people tell you to stfu. 

Get over it or move on. Simples.

Where did he mention it.?!

anyway before this gets out of hand keep it on topic 

• Like 2

IMO I can't see how we can grow, especially attendance wise, without signing someone with a reputation like Cahill. Sure some people think he's a flog but your average family with kids who idolise him only see him as a player they want to see play and produce his magic. We have mentioned before how being a flop could wreck his "brand" and even if he is in it plain and simply for himself and the money, his attitude to the game won't let his performance suffer. If he doesn't have a great season, as long he doesn't get in the way of Bruno and co I'm not bothered if it has improved our exposure to the community. Money clearly isn't an issue for us but if has a 15/20+ goal season and we win the league etc, well just think how much that will help us. 

Overall, if he has no impact, meh, new plan. If he does, fkn get in son!

• Like 5

The good thing is we're not relying on him for anything, on pitch wise. We have Bruno, we have a very good midfield by all accounts so far so there's no reliance on Cahill. Go back a few years ago and the whole team would have evolved around him scoring 15+ goals. The difference between then and now is huge. He could score no goals and we can still be successful this season. So I say bring Timmy on. If he ends up here it's a huge scoop for the club to be ones to have the best Socceroo ever to play on their books. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2