Melbourne Football

A must win: City v Wanderers 9th January

n i k o

19 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

It takes a lot to dislocate a knee! see if they can transfer you to the Germano Memorial Hospital

15 minutes ago, haz said:

The diagnosis I received from the Germano Memorial Hospital said I'd be out for 3-4 weeks 

You need to start posting in broken english...something like 

"Oh no! My knee last night break out so I go to the hospital to recover! Thank you all for support it's great! Thanks to all the staff who give me drugs and fix my knee! Let's make a win tonight!

We are Melbourne we are City!"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, neio said:

Here is what I think we go with

Sorenson

Retre Hughes Kisnorbo Clisby

Paartalu Melling

Mooy

Koren Fornaroli Novillo

Bouzanis Garruccio Zullo Trifiro Espindola 

Agreed- I think Koren will slot into Mauk's recent role, coming in off the right wing and drifting about behind Bruno, whilst the RB ( usually Franjic, but tonight Retre) pushes forward to provide the width on the right. That's what I'd be doing at least. There is no way we should move Mooy deeper to incorporate Koren as a number 10. Mooy has been incredible in that role, and Koren has proven time and again he can't perform anywhere that standard in that role. I think Koren could be quite effective coming in off the right though, as he doesn't have to be so involved and can just look to provide real decisive moments. 

7 minutes ago, Ray said:

I'm very concerned that Mooy will accidentally be shoulder charged in the early part of the game. I don't think he could possibly be over his injury yet. 

I hope I'm wrong but we ARE playing WSW!

Will happen against any team unfortunately. Just look at the comments about Sydney last week being all set to target him.

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Having Koren completely out of the squad is pretty ominous imo 

Agree. Despite being shite last week, you'd think he would have figured somehow with the wsw euros in midfield. So unless he's injured, might just finally be the end.

8 minutes ago, rass said:

Agree. Despite being shite last week, you'd think he would have figured somehow with the wsw euros in midfield. So unless he's injured, might just finally be the end.

Well there was no mention of an injury in the JVS presser

Fox Sports panel don't know why Koren is dropped and state they believe he is fit. 

Also they're saying we will play 3-5-2

Furthermore Zappas talked to Franjic, his injury is a cork but he will miss next week too 

Edited by haz

We look great going forward in this formation, but defensively we are very open. I would tell Melling to hold in front of the defence in the second half. We have enough players going forward.

A terrible error by Sorenson, he needs to cut those out. Also, terrible defending from the throw in. Nobody picked up the first guy, then Nichols just ran between Clisby and Garuccio on to the ball.

I think we are going to have to score another couple to win this game.