Melbourne Football

2021 Finals (& impact of international duty, coronavirus etc.)

This has been a gruelling game for Macarthur. Playing 120 minutes - 45 of those with 10 men. They’re missing Genreau to Socceroos. They’ll be missing Meredith due to red card. Susaeta looked somewhat injured. They’ll have next to no travelling support. I was very scared of Adelaide or Brisbane so getting to avoid them is good news. It’s all worked out perfectly for us, so i’m expecting a bullshit 0-1 loss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Be nice if Macarthur could get up tonight. I think we can still beat them even with a depleted squad.

We’ll see.

I always felt they were a much better side than Central Coast who were defying gravity.

Anyway nice to see that combative “punch on” bloke Stajic lose.

In my view it doesn’t matter who we play. We play shit we lose. We play to potential, we win.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, really disappointing. The whole thing - all three need a review - the league fixtures, NT selection, and withdrawal from the Champions League. We've certainly devalued both the "finals" and the ACL. So much for Australian Professional Leagues - moving the deckchairs more like. What with the COVID risk - now greatly increased (on public transport) with the change in day and time - I'm giving the SF a miss, and most likely the GF if we get there. Can't be bothered and just looking forward to next season.

Just curious what the Foxtel contract states and whether the new broadcasting contract is on similar terms. I suspect that a lot has to do with broadcasting rights.

• jw1739 changed the title to 2021 Finals (& impact of international duty, coronavirus)