Melbourne Football

AFL 2015 Season

hedaik

Ok here's a list:

http://www.keebraparkrugbyleague.com.au/program-graduates/

Only just Rugby League players shown unfortunately.  Benji Marshall is the pick obviously, Dally M winner, best NZ player of his generation.

Before they bothered to keep records i know (from my year alone) 2 blokes played in the forerunner of NRL and another played in the then VFL.

Unfortunately they don't seem to have kept track of the other achievers outside of Rugby League, but never fear det, I'm pretty confident we wouldn't have got close to your list.

• Like 1

Can't say im  overly excited for this one, purely cos I think everyone is over Hawthorn and WCE aren't particularly likable either.

In saying that, hope Hawthorn win, they deserve to go down the annals of history as one of the games great sides

Can't say im  overly excited for this one, purely cos I think everyone is over Hawthorn and WCE aren't particularly likable either.

In saying that, hope Hawthorn win, they deserve to go down the annals of history as one of the games great sides

Do you say that WCE are not likable because its a Them Vs Us thing. Once again my Perth mentality coming out because thats the way they see it.

Do you say that WCE are not likable because its a Them Vs Us thing. Once again my Perth mentality coming out because thats the way they see it.

Nah, West Coast fans have always seemed to be able to see things only from their side of the fence in my experience. Seem to be quite one eyed. Plus there was the arrogance of the side in the mid 2000's and the sense of entitlement that club seems to carry.

Not particularly anything based on fact, just my experience. Very similar club to Essendon imo, just successful.

Nah, West Coast fans have always seemed to be able to see things only from their side of the fence in my experience. Seem to be quite one eyed. Plus there was the arrogance of the side in the mid 2000's and the sense of entitlement that club seems to carry.

Not particularly anything based on fact, just my experience. Very similar club to Essendon imo, just successful.

Yeah i can understand that point of view. I remember what it was like living there and being a Richmond supporter and how smug they all seemed. It come with part jealousy on my part that i don't like to see any team to successful lol. But i can still repect the team in general. My family are all WCW supporters so for my mum and 10yr old nephew i want them to win , however just dawned on them my Nephew gets to see his team play in a GF and i haven't little bastard lol 

Its fucken hilarious how Western Australian's think Victorians give a shit about them and that the league is rigged by Victorians to hurt there sides... hence many will support the other WA side as there second side.

They spend all this time seeing Victoria as the enemy, when I moved back over for college and told PPL I lived in Perth all I got then and still get now when I tell PPL I lived there is "Oh I heard its good for Holiday" or "Okay".

They actually PPL think over here we used there often spoken phrase "Eastern Staters" which I have never heard spoken by anyone unless they come from Perth.

• Like 1

Its fucken hilarious how Western Australian's think Victorians give a shit about them and that the league is rigged by Victorians to hurt there sides... hence many will support the other WA side as there second side.

They spend all this time seeing Victoria as the enemy, when I moved back over for college and told PPL I lived in Perth all I got then and still get now when I tell PPL I lived there is "Oh I heard its good for Holiday" or "Okay".

They actually PPL think over here we used there often spoken phrase "Eastern Staters" which I have never heard spoken by anyone unless they come from Perth.

Half the people I hang out with, minus old highschool friends, are from Perth living in Melbourne. I think people here give as much regard to people in Perth as they do Singapore. I for one am going to be tentatively supporting WCE entirely based on my hatred for the word "threepeat"

eagles were down by like 24 in the 3rd qrt weren't they?darling fucked up badly and so did shuey, wasn't over at qrt time

The way the Eagles were playing, they were never getting back into it. They may have narrowed the margin slightly, but Hawthorn were never going to allow them to make it a contest.

Thank Fuck for that shit 

I'd take 10 victory championships over 1 eagles premiership for those that don't understand how much I hate the eagles  

LOL - As soon as the teams ran on the hate was there like it has never left... I was 15 again.

I hope they enjoy the Cas tonight as they lose even more money on top of what they paid on plane tickets.

NOTE: As soon as the Siren blew I thought "Fuck I hate Hawthorn".

Edited by cadete

Can Hawthorn now lay claim to being the greatest team of the modern era. 3 in a row with 2 extra teams (opposed to the lions in early 2000s) and also with a manipulated draft for a few years but also experiencing the introduction of the free agency. 

FWIW I follow the pies.

Can Hawthorn now lay claim to being the greatest team of the modern era. 3 in a row with 2 extra teams (opposed to the lions in early 2000s) and also with a manipulated draft for a few years but also experiencing the introduction of the free agency. 

FWIW I follow the pies.

brisbane would give them a thumping, have them covered in every area

i don't buy into the manipulated draft story, it was beneficial for the 2 (extra) "new" clubs that weren't going to challenge immediately and for the top teams would be guaranteed wins, what has helped them massively is free agency

brisbane would give them a thumping, have them covered in every area

i don't buy into the manipulated draft story, it was beneficial for the 2 (extra) "new" clubs that weren't going to challenge immediately and for the top teams would be guaranteed wins, what has helped them massively is free agency

Hawthorn Free Agent Players in: Simpkin and Frawley

Players Hawthorn lost from Free Agency: Franklin, Ellis, Young, Murphy.

Yeah really massive help.

Great work however trading to get Lake, Gunston, Gibson, Burgoyne and Hale was great work on their behalf.

Edited by Hammerhead

FWIW I follow the pies.

I think so but mainly because of Clarkson as I think Geelong had a better list/best 22 at our height in terms of talent but we were not a better team.

FFS if Geelong had had Clarkson instead of bloody Bomber I feel like in the seven or ninr years we had with that list we probably would have won five.

We would have gotten are act together a lot quicker, kept our intensity sustained and not had Coach/Player relation issues.

Free agancy has given players greater power in dictating where they go. So whether they were actual free agents or were traded to the club of choice, it's one in the same. We now even have players not only demanding a trade, but demanding to be traded to specific clubs.

This is the issue. If you sign a contract and then demand a trade while still under that contract, you should have no say in where you go. The club should be free to seek the best deal.

This is the issue. If you sign a contract and then demand a trade while still under that contract, you should have no say in where you go. The club should be free to seek the best deal.

I have to agree this Halfway House Free Agency we have ATM is not working... the league should either have proper free agency or not at all because what we have ATM is the league is not working and will never be fair.

My main problem with the AFL is the players have too much power. They are also very savvy about manipulating the media to put forward their message.  Mark McClure is the only one I have heard speak sense about it.

They don't play anywhere near enough for starters. Tony Armstrong played 8 quarters in a day for FFS.

My main problem with the AFL is the players have too much power. They are also very savvy about manipulating the media to put forward their message.  Mark McClure is the only one I have heard speak sense about it.

They don't play anywhere near enough for starters. Tony Armstrong played 8 quarters in a day for FFS.

You realise that AFL players cover far more kms than in any other ball sport?

Its not like Soccer or Rugby where there are stages in the game where you just jogging... a seven turn around is literally the best most of these guys can actually do such is the strain of the game.

You realise that AFL players cover far more kms than in any other ball sport?

Its not like Soccer or Rugby where there are stages in the game where you just jogging... a seven turn around is literally the best most of these guys can actually do such is the strain of the game.

they have even brainwashed the great cadete.

seriously last year when Collingwood decided they didn't a fresh emergency (probably due to the damage it did to a player not playing at all,) & then had Pendelbury go down in the warm up, put a guy who's played 4 quarters as a sub( Tony Armstrong), then have Reid go down in the first minute, it showed what players could do when they had to.

i mean a week off during the season to go to Bali? Really?? 

Its good work if you can get it.

Edited by Shahanga

• hedaik locked this topic