Melbourne Football

Round 14: CCM vs City 4th Jan KO: 5:00pm

kingofhearts

Public enemy number 1 in Gosford Leagues right now, keeping a low profile. Whoever told me on here Gosford was a shit hole was on the mark.

Just tell everyone you encounter how you hate north sydney and you'll be fine. Alternatively, walk down the main strip in your melbourne kit singing "f-off to north sydney you useless pirate c-nts". You'll be like john mcclane in die hard 3!

Spotted a supporter in this seasons away kit so I'm all good :)

Starting XI: Velaphi, Archibald, Wielaert, Kisnorbo, Garuccio, Paartalu, Mooy, Koren, Dugandzic, Duff, Williams

Subs: Redmayne, Ramsay, Germano, Brown, Retre

Perhaps Chapman's glandular fever has flared up again?

As soon as a first-choice player goes down our lack of depth becomes obvious.

Edited by jw1739

what the fuck is retre doing on the bench

With Chapman dropping out of the squad, Retre makes the bench by default, as only 1 player was required to be omitted from the extended squad.

Marino and Mauk have niggles/injures, so there weren't many alternatives to make the extended squad either. There's actually no other fit and non-suspended player that could have been selected from Melbourne City's squad either, apart from Liam Miller (who leaves the club tomorrow), so unless a NYL player was called up Retre was always going to make the bench. I think Retre making the bench highlights that Melbourne City's depth is only good and not great, and it's something the club needs to improve in the future.

Chapman must have a niggle/injury, or perhaps he's being rested. This is Melbourne City's 3rd game in 9 days, so it perhaps was too much for Chapman, who only returned from a long period of not playing recently.

Does Wielaert continue to play as RB, or with Chapman out is Wielaert shifted into central defence, with Archibald filling in at RB? Archibald played at RB against CCM in pre-season, and he played well. Although I'm keen to see Archibald play in central defence at some point though, as that's more normally his position. 

Matt Simon is out for the Mariners, which is a pretty big plus for us. 

As long as the defence plays as well against CCM as it did in pre-season (when Archibald was in the team), I think the team will do well. Especially if Koren, Mooy and Duff maintain their form, on paper at least we should have too much for CCM. Another thing I'll be looking out for is Dugandzic and Williams: will Dugandzic justify his starting spot, and will Williams show (before Kennedy joins the team Feb 1st) that he deserves regular playing time. We'll learn a bit about Melbourne City's squad with this match.

with our defence that is starting, dont be surprised if we concede a few. Not sure which way it will go but we should be fired up for this one and aiming to leap frog Sydney in 5th spot.

FWIW, our bench isnt very inspiring if we are struggling and in need to make changes, very weak bench.

what the fuck is retre doing on the bench

Chapman must have a niggle/injury, or perhaps he's being rested. This is Melbourne City's 3rd game in 9 days, so it perhaps was too much for Chapman, who only returned from a long period of not playing recently.

According to the club Twitter feed Chapman has general soreness. Given that he has played a series of games whilst recovering from glandular fever, its prudent to rest him so that he can continues to build towards match fitness and not stress his recovery during the Asian Cup break. Its tempting to ask him to play just one more game but it would risk his recovery.

Try cricfree.sx for streams

If you're happy with poverty flash streams and heaps of shit fucking annoying ads.

Dat AceStream stream going pretty good :up:

I don't understand acestream and I worry it's gonna give me a hundred viruses  :(

Honestly I'd be more worried visiting some of those streaming websites like cricfree, crichd, etc.