Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

6 hours ago, bt50 said:

Perhaps, i think you could take it that they mean they're not going to sign expensive marquees for marketing purposes, not that they won't spend money full stop. Return on investment could be relevant to players too ie : spending 1 mil on a no name that tears it up v spending 3 mil on a name that gives a similar output.

It's obviously open to interpretation.

Or alternatively they will bring visa players and move them to outside the salary cap once they are proven such as Fornaroli.

13 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Or alternatively they will bring visa players and move them to outside the salary cap once they are proven such as Fornaroli.

TBH I dont mind this approach. I just really want a player who can turn the game on its head, and pretty much win it for us.

Bruno, Mooy, Novillo all did this under the cap (you could argue Bort and Sorenson also gained us a few points). But of course it could be a complete unknown if a VISA will make an impact or not.

Honda a good signing on paper, but they gave lost some important players. Berisha a top A-League goal scorer and it will be hard to replace the goals and big game experience he has. Would like to see Jamie Maclaren back at Hibs, so hopefully he doesn't go there. 

Diego Castro type player coming off the left would be good foil for Fornaroli and MOH, MOH wont give you that type of creativity on the right. 

McGree looks to be a good signing, few more definitely needed. 

9 minutes ago, Celt said:

Honda a good signing on paper, but they gave lost some important players. Berisha a top A-League goal scorer and it will be hard to replace the goals and big game experience he has. Would like to see Jamie Maclaren back at Hibs, so hopefully he doesn't go there. 

Diego Castro type player coming off the left would be good foil for Fornaroli and MOH, MOH wont give you that type of creativity on the right. 

McGree looks to be a good signing, few more definitely needed. 

So what is O'Halloran good at? Just running?

13 minutes ago, haz said:

So what is O'Halloran good at? Just running?

As a striker, he's the type that plays on the shoulder looking for balls in behind, using his pace to stretch teams. As a winger, more of a head down and get to the byline or knock it by players into space. Playmaking or creativity wouldn't be commonly attributed to him. A player who would perform better for counter attacking teams rather than teams trying to break down a defensive block. 

I think he will suit the A-League well, A-League and SPL are similar-ish in style. Fornaroli will enjoy the legs he has on the outside as he will offer plenty of movement into space, someone with an eye for a pass would make it a dangerous front 3. 

• Thanks 2

Word is Man City’s latest signing Phillip Sandler from the Netherlands will be loaned out to either us or NYFC....if we can get him over here then it’s a massive replacement to Jakobsen’s exit, and definitely better than Ryan McGowan

https://www.transfermarkt.com/philippe-sandler/profil/spieler/340460

Edited by Afif Adam
  • Like 1

He'll go to NYC. We've seen this story too many times

48 minutes ago, Afif Adam said:

Word is Man City’s latest signing Phillip Sandler from the Netherlands will be loaned out to either us or NYFC....if we can get him over here then it’s a massive replacement to Jakobsen’s exit, and definitely better than Ryan McGowan

https://www.transfermarkt.com/philippe-sandler/profil/spieler/340460

Actually.....

Hes coming from PEC Zwolle so maybe JVS is doing us another favour? I assume he would know Bort too.

On another note, his agent is Mino Raiola, the big dog!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Afif Adam said:

wouldnt mind would ya ? take up a visa spot too

IMO it's an odd signing by Manchester City from many perspectives. Apparently the transfer was agreed to in March 2018. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-philippe-sandler-plans-14977684 

The timing of his recovery suggests to me that New York for season 2019 is a likely destination.
 https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-sandler-man-city-wiki-14975362

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

IMO it's an odd signing by Manchester City from many perspectives. Apparently the transfer was agreed to in March 2018. https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-philippe-sandler-plans-14977684 

The timing of his recovery suggests to me that New York for season 2019 is a likely destination.
 https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/philippe-sandler-man-city-wiki-14975362

Maybe recovery is impossible without the world famous Germano Treatment centre

18 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

I haven't contributed for a while and I'm pretty excited right now.

Rumours going around about a rumour that theres a rumour that we might sign some soccer guy.

Fingers crossed! 

My source can also back up that we are indeed signing some type of soccer guy

• Like 1

Would anyone be against signing an NPL player for that spot on the roster? 

Imagine the story of a player being signed by us a CFG club, doing well and then getting signed by Man City itself, sort of like a Jamie Vardy type story. 

Off the top of my head I cant really think of any youngsters of mid age players doing that well here in Victoria. 

Guys like Davey Vant Schip and Sean Ellis probably dont fit the mould as they are a bit older but they have been playing quite well for a few seasons, and if they dont take a visa spot could be good back up sort of players

36 minutes ago, fiji19 said:

Imagine the story of a player being signed by us a CFG club, doing well and then getting signed by Man City itself, sort of like a Jamie Vardy type story. 

Off the top of my head I cant really think of any youngsters of mid age players doing that well here in Victoria. 

Guys like Davey Vant Schip and Sean Ellis probably dont fit the mould as they are a bit older but they have been playing quite well for a few seasons, and if they dont take a visa spot could be good back up sort of players

Its hard with NPL players since they semi-pro meaning they will have a full time job. For example Milos Lujic from South Melbourne, imo good enough for the A-League. But he is getting paid (estimated) $20k-$30k at SM, and being a primary school teacher he should be getting around $60k. Hence why would he bother sitting on the bench for a HAL club, most likely getting paid less then what he does now playing full games.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, haz said:

Its hard with NPL players since they semi-pro meaning they will have a full time job. For example Milos Lujic from South Melbourne, imo good enough for the A-League. But he is getting paid (estimated) $20k-$30k at SM, and being a primary school teacher he should be getting around $60k. Hence why would he bother sitting on the bench for a HAL club, most likely getting paid less then what he does now playing full games.

He would be on more than k $60k being a teacher

1 hour ago, fiji19 said:

This may be a very short sited view, but I don't see the point of signing an Npl player just for the hell of it. If they are good enough they will find their way onto a roster. The few that we have seen make the transition I can't say have been any good (jai Ingham, parkhouse, matt sim) 

I've seen a couple of Npl players on twitter whinge that npl players don't get a go. They probably arnt just good enough

36 minutes ago, Dylan said:

removal of the cap cant come quick enough. But looks like we will have one more year at least

Who knows what will happen over the next month.  We might not even have a 'official' league if Lowry really fucks everyone over

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, haz said:

Who knows what will happen over the next month.  We might not even have a 'official' league if Lowry really fucks everyone over

FFA will reject the deal, and Fifa will impose a transition arrangement. FFA is about to vote for its own demise. Almost certainly good news. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

FFA will reject the deal, and Fifa will impose a transition arrangement. FFA is about to vote for its own demise. Almost certainly good news. 

Until our national teams get banned from the Asian Cup and World Cup

Hibernian are "very close" to re-signing striker Jamie Maclaren, head coach Neil Lennon has revealed.

The Australian, 25, scored eight goals in 15 matches on loan at Easter Road in the second half of last season. He has two years remaining on his contract with German parent club Darmstadt.

"Jamie, very close. Close enough," Hibs boss Lennon told BBC Scotland.

• jw1739 pinned this topic