CB Sainsbury 

LB Elder, Behich or Gersbach 

CM Ugarkovic 

CM Arslan (Visa)

CM Antonis 

CM D’Arigo

CM Visa 8 and AM / Aus AM ie Rogic or Mooy

RW Visa or Arzani 

I reckon we will go for foreign players for CB, AM & RW, not a lot of aussies in those positions who are to the quality City need.

Depending on if Flo gets citizenship might be able to get someone else in as well

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zanty said:

I reckon we will go for foreign players for CB, AM & RW, not a lot of aussies in those positions who are to the quality City need.

Depending on if Flo gets citizenship might be able to get someone else in as well

IMO we should not keep Florin unless he's going to be a starter. Agree with you for CB, AM and RW. But I'm not sure that we would have the cap space to afford. Aren't all our extra-cap places taken?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

IMO we should not keep Florin unless he's going to be a starter. Agree with you for CB, AM and RW. But I'm not sure that we would have the cap space to afford. Aren't all our extra-cap places taken?

2 marquees slots are, I believe that Arslan will probably be a designated player so we likely have one more of those.

We likely have a lot of cap space right now.

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

Just dreaming...Ashley Young from Aston Villa, despite his age, would be a nice right wing-back for a season...

@n i k o From Forever City twitter: https://twitter.com/ForeverMelbCity/status/1671074991499276288

“When you bring some new foreigners in, they bring some new qualities. There are some Socceroos players we have that are staying, there are a few young boys that we are going to promote, so it’s going to be exciting, we’re going to have good depth and quality, and I’m quite positive that we are going to challenge for a spot in the top four next season. “How far we can go, we’ll have to wait to see, but we’re going to make our supporters proud again. “The way we lost the grand final is still hurting. We had one bad at the office. We had a lot of good days.”

• Like 1

Rado Vidosic on Lam and Van Der Venne  departure 

“Thomas is a fantastic guy, and he did so well for us,” Vidosic said.

“Richard’s wife was homesick and she didn’t want to stay here anymore.
“They both contributed really well for us. Richard was a bit injured and it cost him some game time but in the middle part of the season, he really showed Australia what he’s capable of doing.

“I think both of them wanted to stay because they enjoyed it enormously but it was a family decision more than their own decision.”

Rado Vidosic on Florin Berenguer future 

Vidosic is keen for the out-of-contract 34-year-old playmaker to sign a new deal but he’s yet to give the club answer.

“He needs to speak to his family because he’s been here for five years now” the City coach said.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/players-continue-to-depart-melbourne-city-following-aleague-grand-final-disaster/news-story/05b85f42d7ac7b55be6e4c9c942398f0

Edited by CityBoyz

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

"Top four" ain't good enough Rado. Shows about as much ambition as "making finals." Has to be top 2 to guarantee AFC football again.

Don’t like Rado mentality that top 4 is a success that’s not even a bare minimum. That’s a very defeatist mentality that is not reflective on the backing of the club. 

Sounds too mellow and low ambition  to be a head a coach at this club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CityBoyz said:

Don’t like Rado mentality that top 4 is a success that’s not even a bare minimum. That’s a very defeatist mentality that is not reflective on the backing of the club. 

Sounds too mellow and low ambition  to be a head a coach at this club 

He displayed his fragility as a weak leader in the grand final embarrassment! Top 4 is a weak target with the squad we're likely to assemble...

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that resigning Berenguer or taking players ex-Victory is particularly ambitious either.

We're probably going to be stifled by cap limitations, and, I suggest, by having most of our ex-cap places already tied up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Difficult to tell when he plays for such a shite team, but is he any good? Also hearing a rumour that Tilio has signed for Southampton, but nothing concrete yet so may be bollo.

The rumour emanates from none other than Matt Le Tissier. https://twitter.com/M1D3V/status/1671113937167978496

Edited by jw1739

13 hours ago, jw1739 said:

@n i k o From Forever City twitter: https://twitter.com/ForeverMelbCity/status/1671074991499276288

“When you bring some new foreigners in, they bring some new qualities. There are some Socceroos players we have that are staying, there are a few young boys that we are going to promote, so it’s going to be exciting, we’re going to have good depth and quality, and I’m quite positive that we are going to challenge for a spot in the top four next season. “How far we can go, we’ll have to wait to see, but we’re going to make our supporters proud again. “The way we lost the grand final is still hurting. We had one bad at the office. We had a lot of good days.”

Geez. I don't care what, that's just a negative approach no matter how you look at it especially from 3 seasons of finishing top. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Difficult to tell when he plays for such a shite team, but is he any good? Also hearing a rumour that Tilio has signed for Southampton, but nothing concrete yet so may be bollo.

Ask JMAC, he’s struggled against him 😛. He’s been one of their better players.

This will be a like for like replacement for Lam. He’s already settled in with my only concern being age and speed.

However I want us to do our own thing.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zanty said:

The fact we are trying to sign Souprayen and Miranda makes little sense to me, 3 visa slots on centre backs?

I really hope that these rumours are only that - rumours. Otherwise, it just looks that we are floundering a bit with our recruiting. Nothing excites me with either Souprayen or Miranda.

• Like 4

I hope Miranda stays at MV. We've got to show ambition - we've shown it with Arslan, and we need to continue it. Every player we sign doesn't have to come direct from Serie A - that would be an absurd expectation, but our signings need to reflect an ambitious intent.

Manchester City wouldn't accept a top-7 finish in the EPL after winning several titles in a row, so neither should we accept a top-4 finish next season's A-League.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I hope Miranda stays at MV. We've got to show ambition - we've shown it with Arslan, and we need to continue it. Every player we sign doesn't have to come direct from Serie A - that would be an absurd expectation, but our signings need to reflect an ambitious intent.

Manchester City wouldn't accept a top-7 finish in the EPL after winning several titles in a row, so neither should we accept a top-4 finish next season's A-League.

Well the other rumour today was Samuel Souprayen which I find absurd considering his 35 in February. Signing Dads Army along with 40 year old Young

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Well the other rumour today was Samuel Souprayen which I find absurd considering his 35 in February. Signing Dads Army along with 40 year old Young

Young is different as age doesn't really matter with GK's, Souprayen makes no sense

17 minutes ago, Zanty said:

Young is different as age doesn't really matter with GK's, Souprayen makes no sense

Well, yes. But look how that philosophy worked out with Galekovic? Quite frankly, why spend on Young when we can use James Niewenhuizen? We've been grooming the latter for two seasons - do we really have no faith in him?

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, yes. But look how that philosophy worked out with Galekovic? Quite frankly, why spend on Young when we can use James Niewenhuizen? We've been grooming the latter for two seasons - do we really have no faith in him?

Yep would have been happy with Niewenhuizen and Delianov combo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

This is interesting indeed. I'll post this in the Youth sub-forum as well, but I just came across this - appears to be up-to-date: https://melbournecityfc.com.au/under-21s

I'm assuming that this is the second tier youth squad, not the senior youth squad? One of the interesting hints in the recent interview with Rado was an explicit intent to bring through youth players as part of the senior squad rebuild. Fascinated to see who emerges, as we do have some fabulous talent already being seen in the national youth teams.

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I'm assuming that this is the second tier youth squad, not the senior youth squad? One of the interesting hints in the recent interview with Rado was an explicit intent to bring through youth players as part of the senior squad rebuild. Fascinated to see who emerges, as we do have some fabulous talent already being seen in the national youth teams.

@fensaddler Yes, this is the U-21 squad, and coaches, and they get promoted to the NPL2 team from time to time. I've listed both squads in the Youth Subforum, U-23 - NPL2 thread.

One of the reasons that I joined up with Heart was their stated intent to develop youth, and I'm pretty sure many current City members want to see that continue. I know all of our Gang are (all former Heart members). Players such as Metcalfe, Atkinson, Cola, Bos, Jeremy Walker, and many more have been the crowd favourites.

I know football is CFG's business, but it's more than that for the fans.