Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

13 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Hold on, is our priority to win the league? For those wanting Ronaldinho to come here the arguement seems to be his individual talent and brilliance is worth having him regardless of whether he would actually contribute to the team environment or to us winning silverware. Someone enlighten me please. 

This is a really good point and it just highlights how far we have come as a team. A couple of years ago, yep get him for sure. But now, we're in a realistic position to win the whole thing - so would he actually help us in that?

FWIW, I think he was an absolute superstar and talent like that doesn't disappear. I would love to see him play, especially for us. But if you asked me who I would choose for our team at this point in time, I reckon I would go with either Kaka or Gerrard out of those players that have been rumoured.

9 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I think you sit closer to forum troll than anything else. Time will tell otherwise I guess. 

Sorry for participating, I better leave that to the elite few like yourself. 4369 post, obviously your posts are more valuable than mine.

Continue little princess and dont forget your tiara

Edited by playmaker

33 minutes ago, playmaker said:

Sorry for participating, I better leave that to the elite few like yourself. 4369 post, obviously your posts are more valuable than mine.

Continue little princess and dont forget your tiara

Now that you've got your payout you've got plenty of time on your hands to contribute to the forum

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks Ronaldinho would walk into the league and dominate is delusional. Current Ronaldinho spends more time at nightclubs than on the training pitch. Most of his goals in the past few years have come from the penalty spot or set pieces. His last 2 spells in Mexico and Brazil have seen  his performances heavily criticized, can't see that changing if he signed for an A-League club.

But would be more than happy to see him in the league, just not at our club where we finally have  and attack that is working exceptionally well. Trying to fit a bloke in who can't defend would make our horrible defensive record even worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mulhollanddrive said:

Benayoun is the same age as Ronaldinho.

He's also a much higher energy player with a greater fitness level. I also haven't seen any quotes from him or his management claiming he's so good he only needs to train sporadically.

Edited by Embee

3 criteria cfg look at when looking at signing a player for jan window

fit and can play straight away

fit our style

good personality around dressing room

if they dont fit those 3 they wont be signed. simple as that. does ronaldihno fit those criteria?

37 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Either I've got myself a good source or Outside90 are trawling this forum for content.

they're all so old... would probably only take Benayoun out of those but even then, he's been hiding out the last couple of years at home in Israel so he's probably past it too.

• jw1739 pinned this topic