Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Didn't a couple of our players get married up in NSW, Hoffman and Ramsey?

I thought exactly the same the only thing he wouldn't really know Hoff or Ramsey that well maybe 6 months. Is that long enough to get an invite to wedding???

Some interesting stuff on "soccer stoppage time" tonight apparently:

On #SST tonight, Stealth will have news on Rafael Van der Vaart, the latest big name linked to a move to the @ALeague.

https://twitter.com/SocStoppageTime/status/605246053667905536

Who is the latest Serie A striker also interested in a move to the @ALeague? #SST

https://twitter.com/SocStoppageTime/status/605249369667825664

According to "soccer stoppage time":

Stealth spoke to Rafael Van der Vaart agent and was told it will take $ 4 million to get his client too A - lEAGUE

https://twitter.com/SocStoppageTime/status/605334160475979776

Torino striker Amauri Caravalho de Oliveria wants to play in the A - @ALeague damian de boun

https://twitter.com/SocStoppageTime/status/605334852842315776

Well the only way we'd have gotten VDV is if Koren was either moved into the cap which severley hampers us with regards to other signings, or if Koren has his contract terminated early.

Also 

VDV plays in the number 10 position, currently where Mooy plays and flourishes, I dont think Mooy should be moved deeper. Which means most likely either VDV would play out of position ( we all know how that went with Koren) or JVSplays with 2 #10's, leaving Paartaluu as the sole defensive midfielder, which I dont think will suit him.

Midfield next season has to be
Mooy
Partaluu Melling/Germano

We need to make signings in areas that will compliment the team, both a Left and Right sided winger, a striker, and two full backs

• Like 1

Well the only way we'd have gotten VDV is if Koren was either moved into the cap which severley hampers us with regards to other signings, or if Koren has his contract terminated early.

Also 

VDV plays in the number 10 position, currently where Mooy plays and flourishes, I dont think Mooy should be moved deeper. Which means most likely either VDV would play out of position ( we all know how that went with Koren) or JVSplays with 2 #10's, leaving Paartaluu as the sole defensive midfielder, which I dont think will suit him.

Midfield next season has to be

Mooy

Partaluu Melling/Germano

We need to make signings in areas that will compliment the team, both a Left and Right sided winger, a striker, and two full backs

Germano is one of my favourite players so it's disspaointing to say this but if that's our midfield next season he has to be benched or gotten rid of. I'm leaning towards moving him on because a visa player on the bench is useless, and there's no reason why a player much more capable than him can't be found.

We need 7 players. All need to be definite starting players.

GK LB CB RB LW RW STRIKER

realistically I don't think we can fit or find players good enough and cheap enough to make it happen. Therefore we will need to have a few trade offs.

Keeper position Tando may have to do. He's had a good spell but to me he is not a championship keeper.

Centre backs of Chapman and Kisnorbo can pass (barely) but another quality CB would be fantastic but I suppose we'll persevere.

Full backs no choice. Clisby as backup maybe but we can't go into another season without proper fullbacks.

Striker. Kennedy is contracted and therefore it just has to be done. So possibly a second young striker as backup or if we ever play 2 up front.

Wingers we must get 2 quality wingers just to supply Kennedy.

So at the end of the day if we can find at a bare minimum 4 quality players and more likely than not visa players our starting team would be much improved. Left and Right backs and Left and Right sided attacking players.

Is it possible? but more importantly will it happen?

• Like 2

The scary thing is that those needs were identified on the forum at least 12 months ago, but the club appears unable or unwilling to act.

• Like 1

The scary thing is that those needs were identified on the forum at least 12 months ago, but the club appears unable or unwilling to act. I think last season we needed 11 players. Mooy and Paartalu and Mellings revelation bolstered our midfield our issue remaining is Koren. But I don't think we need to add much in the middle. So this rumour of VDV if true would be counter productive even if he replaced Koren. We don't need another #10 as much as we need #11 or a #7.

The scary thing is that those needs were identified on the forum at least 12 months ago, but the club appears unable or unwilling to act. I think last season we needed 11 players. Mooy and Paartalu and Mellings revelation bolstered our midfield our issue remaining is Koren. But I don't think we need to add much in the middle. So this rumour of VDV if true would be counter productive even if he replaced Koren. We don't need another #10 as much as we need #11 or a #7.

Pretty much this

LB, RB, LW, RW

Is what the club should be looking at signing, unless JVS opts for some sort of new tactic which allows him to play with 2 no.10s

Ivan Franjic who everyone keeps saying is a done will fill the role of RB, and can also plays higher up if needed. 

The only Australian left backs I think we could realistically sign is someone like Zullo or James Meredith from Bradford. Im not sure how Tom King went with the youth team so cant really make assumptions if he is ready for the step up. Also Scott Jamieson would be someone who would fit in well but it appears he is going to WSW

A lot of people here are divided by Novillo, but he is someone I would sign to fill in the left wing role.

Jamie Maclaren is would be the top guess for the right wing role, but it appears Perth do not want to release him

• jw1739 pinned this topic