Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

Mike Baird's comments about the booing of Goodes. the oxygen thief basically said its wrong to boo Goodes, but it was ok to boo Wally Lewis. double standards from the toe rag.

incidentally Lewis also attracted incessant abuse along with the booing. he was even booed when he captained Australia. If that's not shameful I'm not sure what is.

(Lewis's "crime" was to be from Queensland and be easily the best rugby league player of his time.)

if Lewis had refused to play would the good people of NSW have come out in support of him?

whilst I'm dredging up this story the other thing that irks me is comments on Facebook by 2 people I know who wouldn't even know which team Goodes plays for & prior to this week probably wouldn't have even known who he was. Both now experts on racism in the AFL. Sigh.

I've often found that it's the people who have no idea who are also the loudest.

• Like 2

TTIM: Online "prank" videos. No original or funny pranks anymore just dickheads acting like idiots in public and pissing off random people on trains and stuff. There's a difference between playing a really funny joke on your mate and just pissing people off for no reason.

Couldn't agree more. People think that they can act like assholes to others as long as they say "it's just a prank" at the end of it. Like look at this cunt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgoYDHydBs

It's alright to be a racist asshole because "it's just a prank" :droy:

Been that kind of a month hasn't it.  

I've pretty much had enough.

Tempted to figure out a plan for moving to Sydney before next winter just because it's a few degrees warmer. 

That will do until I figure out a plan to move to Florida in the long term. 

Edited by Tesla

Couldn't agree more. People think that they can act like assholes to others as long as they say "it's just a prank" at the end of it. Like look at this cunt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgoYDHydBs

It's alright to be a racist asshole because "it's just a prank" :droy:

The only good videos are the ones where they get what's coming to them. Seriously how do these people not get murdered?

https://youtu.be/6mnbI568Kxs

Yeah it's fucking putrid. Just went to quote you and a comment I started typing from months ago appeared lol.

Yeah that keeps happening to me as well.

Plus a host of other things I can't get my head around with this new format being a dud with Computers...

Yeah it's fucking putrid. Just went to quote you and a comment I started typing from months ago appeared lol.

It saves the post that you are typing, which is a pretty handy feature, but yes it is annoying when it's a post you changed your mind about making months ago and it's still there. But personally I'd rather take the half second to delete the post I dont want to make in those circumstances, then having to retype some long post that I accidentally closed the browser while making.

I concede that I probably upgraded to early as there are seemingly a lot of issues still, but they are some improvements and overall I'm confident with a few more updates it will turn out much better. I've just seen there is a new update I have to install so they are rolling them out pretty quickly.

The main issue for me is that they seems to have tried to make the editor (the thing you type your posts in) too 'noob friendly' and now it's just a piece of shit and the source of 90% of the issues.

Could probably make some minor improvement to the editor myself tbh, let me see.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

That is true Tesla, there have been a number of improvements with the new forum. And the majority of problems I encounter are with posting. Some examples of issues I've had are:

-the cursor is flashing ready to type but the txt doesn't appear

-when I click onto the 'box' to begin typing it loads back to the Melbourne City subforum

-if I quote a picture I'm unable to scroll down below it to begin typing

-when I begin typing the cursor often is located inside someone's quote rather than below it

TTIM: the way Western Australians pronounce derby and then justify it by stating "it's pronounced how it's spelled!"

retarded or?

The incorrect way of pronouncing it 'darby' came from lower class English in the 1700s. So it comes down to wanting to look like a convict, or a high earning upper class Western Australian thats helping hold up Australias economy. 

The incorrect way of pronouncing it 'darby' came from lower class English in the 1700s. So it comes down to wanting to look like a convict, or a high earning upper class Western Australian thats helping hold up Australias economy. 

lol congrats to WA, you guys have rocks

lol congrats to WA, you guys have rocks

I thought Ben Cousins smoked em all.

TTIM: Optus. Phone has no service, post on their facebook wall asking for assistance, dumb cunts suggest calling the tech support number. How do these ppl have jobs?

They truly are the lowest pieces of worthless shit going around. I have issues with them every few months and it took me 5 separate rants on their FB page before the took me seriously... a further 7 calls and about 2 months... to get $25. Didn't give a fuck about the money in the end, just didn't want those scum bags doing what the always do, wait for you to give up. 

Seems weird considering the Horserace at at Epsom often attended by the Royal Family is called the "Darby" and the "Derbies" in Western Australia in footy aren't exactly full of lords and ladies... 

TTIM: My shower head completely just falling off the wall this morning... good times.

I thought Ben Cousins smoked em all.

They truly are the lowest pieces of worthless shit going around. I have issues with them every few months and it took me 5 separate rants on their FB page before the took me seriously... a further 7 calls and about 2 months... to get $25. Didn't give a fuck about the money in the end, just didn't want those scum bags doing what the always do, wait for you to give up. 

TTDIM: Paying a premium to not be with 3rd world phone networks like Optus'.

Edited by Tesla

TTIM: Optus. Phone has no service, post on their facebook wall asking for assistance, dumb cunts suggest calling the tech support number. How do these ppl have jobs?

My internet went down with Bigpond so I used my mobile to call for assistance which got me a text to use the internet!!!

I had to find a landline to call Bigpond before I could talk to a human who then suggested that I try the internet which took a lot of self control to repeat that my internet was down and therefore I could not use it. At that point in time I felt like grabbing a gun walking into Thodeys office and put him through what his customers were being put through.

My internet went down with Bigpond so I used my mobile to call for assistance which got me a text to use the internet!!!

I had to find a landline to call Bigpond before I could talk to a human who then suggested that I try the internet which took a lot of self control to repeat that my internet was down and therefore I could not use it. At that point in time I felt like grabbing a gun walking into Thodeys office and put him through what his customers were being put through.

Yeah, I have this issue before it's bloody retarded... I also complain until the transfer me from Manila to an Australian.

I don't really care about the outsourcing so much it's more how annoying how the PPL in Manila never seem to fix issues they say they have fixed.

• Like 1

Best out sourced call centre was the couple of weeks I was with iinet, they outsource to South Africa.

Don't get me wrong, the South African accent is the worst most horrible accent in the world, but it was still better than having some Indian you can barely understand, but most importantly the people at the call centre actually seemed to know what they are doing.

• Like 1

Best out sourced call centre was the couple of weeks I was with iinet, they outsource to South Africa.

Don't get me wrong, the South African accent is the worst most horrible accent in the world, but it was still better than having some Indian you can barely understand, but most importantly the people at the call centre actually seemed to know what they are doing.

honestly love iiNet having been with Telstra and Vodafone in the past for Internet/phone having a telco that has good customer service is a breath of fresh air

TTIM: Brands or companies using the "Fastest growing....." line as a selling point. Youi and Masters, I'm looking at you! In comparison with your competitors, you are brand new. If course you're the fucking fastest growing!

Masters is barely even growing anymore, there's talks of liquidation

TTIM: Aboriginal deaths in custody article on news.com.au. Aboriginal bloke arrested for public drunkenness, held in lock up. Died of natural causes from chronic heart disease in his sleep. 

“He died of natural causes and was always likely to die suddenly due to chronic and serious heart disease, but he was entitled to die in peace, in the comfort of family and friends … He was entitled to die as a free man.”

How about  we don't lock up anyone then, heaven forbid some cunt might suddenly die while in custody instead of at home or on the street while blind drunk being a public nuisance. 

• Like 3

TTIM: The AFL getting rid of its Eastern Seaboard Reserves to destroy the VFA... esp as it's now very highly likely that either the VFL will completely become an AFL Reserves Comp shortly or the AFL will just re-established an Eastern Seaboard Reserves League.

And before someone says it... crowd attendances and def not league interest have not become higher since the AFL took over the comp as both have actually become lower and real hardcore fans of VFA clubs have just disillusioned and left to be replaced by theatre goers who like to spend the occasional free saturday to watch their Reserves side for free.