Melbourne Football

SFC VS MCFC - Round 1

Ruckoo

Definitely 2points lost tonight .. Duga has proven his in ability to finish of the easiest of chances..

Like Boza said on foxsports "Game should have been over by half time..

But what really Fucken shits me is the JVS comments after the game... He can live with this result..

JVS don't you fucken know that it is unacceptable to completely dominate and dictate the first 45min and not have anything to show for it.. It's not acceptable to create chance after chance and continue to not take them...

If you accept this, don't expect to see out your contract..

On the positive side, compared to last season our passing and first touch has improved. The team was quite cohesive in the first 20 minutes and were pretty good for the remainder of the game.  Villa did what was expected of him when an opportunity arose and Duff was MOTM for me. The midfield has improved and that augurs well. And remarkably the defence was reasonably solid, especially in the first half but they tired.

The negatives are that the finishing remains a problem Villa excepted of course. And aerially the team remains pathetic.

• Like 3

Thank god we have a world class player on the pitch otherwise we would have lost this one!!!

I was very happy with the performance... I thought everyone played well, the team looked solid and Mooy, Paartalu, and Duff were really good. Match fitness will kick in now and we should be even better next week..

So far from what I've seen from opening weekend, I think we should still finish 3rd... If we can finish off our chances...

Patty ws good defensively juts wish he'd forget this isn't the championship and he doesn't need to bomb long so much.

The midfield and defense have improved because of Partaluu.  He's the steel thats been missing since Shroj left.

Much better off the ball movement than previous seasons as well.

The way we play really needs over-lapping full backs that we don't have, not taking away that Ramsay and Archibald weren't  beaten.

Does anyone know what happened to Wilo?is he injured or just not selected???

Also any news on Koren...???

On the plus side we looked solid both in attack and defence.... Keeper is my (?)

We still had a few players out tonight and I'm expecting a much better performance once Koren is in...

Simply put... most of the old Heart players were the weak links. Dugandzic clearly gave his all, but just not good enough.

Villa you fucking freak, zomg.

Add in Koren next week and dare I say it, Williams and THE HOFF, and we should be okay.

this simply indicates we wont be a force until we have got rid of these under performers , in next 2 seasons they will all hopefully be gone & we will be the best in the A League , heres hoping !

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

Definitely 2points lost tonight .. Duga has proven his in ability to finish of the easiest of chances..

Like Boza said on foxsports "Game should have been over by half time..

But what really Fucken shits me is the JVS comments after the game... He can live with this result..

JVS don't you fucken know that it is unacceptable to completely dominate and dictate the first 45min and not have anything to show for it.. It's not acceptable to create chance after chance and continue to not take them...

If you accept this, don't expect to see out your contract..

Fkn spot on here!!!

We never show hunger and determinations or disappointment after a game like this and many others.

It was villa who scored, if it wasn't for his class we would have gone down 1:0

Classic heart.

And jvs isn't annoyed about it...

Fkn weak!!!

• Like 1

Just back at my hotel from the game. The march to the ground was funny, we couldn't find a gate to get in :lol: . Team Australia security was so perfunctory that it was almost non-existent. Gee the SFS is cold, there was a gusting strong cold wind all night down the away bay end, it explains errant passes from both sides although Mate and Ramsay are errant anyway. I thought that Duff and Mooy had very good games, our ball speed was good in the first half, we had more forward movement, although we lacked width. Our defence still worries me, both Archibold and Ramsay were passed too easily, Archibold will at least improve. Redmayne didn't embarrass us for once and his distribution seems to have improved to where it was before Aloisi ruined him and he had no disastrous decision making errors tonight.

We'll look great with Koren in midfield, Villa will be amazing when he gets his touch with more games, but Mate and Ramsay worry me.

JvS must be concerned that he wasn't the most tanned person on the pitch pipped by Nicky Carle.

We've come back from a goal down and got a point. With half our squad out. Last season we would have not recovered even to draw, or would have conceded again in injury time.

I'll take a point away from home.

Now for Newcastle next week.

Half our squad out? Who? Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

I do think it was obvious the passing was crisper and better than I saw the end of last season

It will pay dividends having a proper training base.....rather than having to move from one place to another

I thought young Archibald did very well....possibly tired towards the end....however it's clear he isn't a full back.....but can do a job there when needed

If we can get Koren and Williams fit for next week then I can see us win comfotably. This game will also bring on the likes of Paartalu and Villa

So a very good start to the season

A good result... Duga should have buried that chance but sadly you can't change overnight and you could still see those cracks from last season with there goal... But overall a good result last season eveb if we had villa in our team still would have lost. So can't wait for next week but we need to win and hopefully villa isn't the only goal scorer.

just got home, 6am flight back. short trip but a good one; had an awesome convo in the cab to the pub with a ex-Jordanian (now Australian) Wanderers fan about the ACL, got to the pub around 5, Melburnians were already in full flight, got a bit of stick for my Duga shirt :D , and rightly so (but I would have done a lap of the ground if he had have slotted that sitter... fucking Mate...). really good atmosphere at the pub - packed to the gills, a bit of trial and error with some of the new chants ("come on City" was a little too "come on Sydney"), but all the old favourites came out. nice vibe amongst the travellers, went up by myself but all the dudes (and a few girls) were top notch. march to the ground was pretty funny indeed. Allianz is a shithole. thought we looked okay, shame we didn't slot our chances. would have been nice if it all clicked early, but I'll take the away point. was tempted to kick on after the match but went too hard too early and had the 4.45am wakeup so grabbed a shit kebab in Surry Hills (pretty shit, going to Mankoushe in Brunswick for lunch today to wash the taste out of my mouth) and back to the hotel. found a cornetto wrapper on my bed that i don't remember buying. rocky road flavour... seems like something i would do though. good times - pumped for next week. gonna be a good summer!

• Like 5

Have to say that you blokes are a welcoming bunch. I was a bit tentative about bringing my young bloke to the pre-game but from the minute we walked into the pub their were people introducing themselves and having a chat. He even told his mum that there "wasn't that much swearing"!

Cheers guys, see you all again next Sunday.

• Like 5

Although I wasn't behind the goals with most of you all, I was just about opposite where Villa slotted in the goal. Reserved seats with a sprinkle of City supporters around us. Enjoyed the atmosphere and just happy the comp has started again. 

Very proud to be a member I must say. Not sure what section I should go to when I get to AAMI park next Sunday, but if last night is anything to go by the first home match should be well worth the trip.