Melbourne Football

2014-15 MEMBERSHIPS

CaNNaVo93

Hopefully they stagger the remaining player/marquee signings to keep the interest ticking over. Love the way they came out with a statement of intent with the Villa signing cant wait to see what is left in the bag. Still another 3 massive signings to make and happy days!!

Melbourne city's active support

happy-days-ftr.jpg

you're either a bitter Heart supporter who is mad about the takeover, a bored victory fan or neither.

Please confirm

just a bored wanderers fan but i am actually looking forward to see how Melbourne city do and i am happy that memberships are selling well

Edited by DancingQueen

I mentioned Droga5 because they got an office in Australia.. wouldn´t surprise me if they become involved in some interactive marketing like how they designed the badge campaign for NYCFC

They're based in Sydney here, but their Australian work has been quite successful.

Who would have thought that a little media and a some advertising in the Herald Sun could lead to such a jump in membership sales  :P

It looks like we're getting some celebrity endorsements as well..

2csavea.png

(thankfully this season celebrity endorsements aren't a core component of our club's advertising, though)  

Now imagine how things will be once the final few players are signed (inc marquees). And if the club also steps up the marketing leading into the season (e.g. with tv ads), then I reckon there's a real possibility that we could double last season's membership (around 7200-7500) next season.    

Who would have thought that a little media and a some advertising in the Herald Sun could lead to such a jump in membership sales  :P

Crazy huh

But what about Skoko being a "Heart Ambassador"? Surely that would've brought in a few thousand members? 

Edited by Red or Dead

Crazy huh

Agree, a while ago I was critical and inpatient about some mainstream advertising, especially during the world cup. To get any airtime during August/September in Melbourne is almost impossible. This week I hope is the start of some very shrewd marketing. Yep the photo was a bit dodgy, but to put out a statement on Thursday or Friday that a big announcement Monday morning. Then produce a pretty slick press conference, then back it up with a couple interviews and full page ads in the paper. To me is a bigger statement than getting Villa for a few games. What it is is that the new management are prepared to put in the time and above all the money to do things right and not some cheap gimmicks that last a month or two. Hats off. This is the start of the rise of CITY!!!

2csavea.png

(thankfully this season celebrity endorsements aren't a core component of our club's advertising, though)  

Now imagine how things will be once the final few players are signed (inc marquees). And if the club also steps up the marketing leading into the season (e.g. with tv ads), then I reckon there's a real possibility that we could double last season's membership (around 7200-7500) next season.    

Surprised membership didn't go down due to the fact shes the biggest nobody in the universe. Never seen someone ride the curtails of their sisters success so much.

Crazy huh

Agree, a while ago I was critical and inpatient about some mainstream advertising, especially during the world cup. To get any airtime during August/September in Melbourne is almost impossible. This week I hope is the start of some very shrewd marketing. Yep the photo was a bit dodgy, but to put out a statement on Thursday or Friday that a big announcement Monday morning. Then produce a pretty slick press conference, then back it up with a couple interviews and full page ads in the paper. To me is a bigger statement than getting Villa for a few games. What it is is that the new management are prepared to put in the time and above all the money to do things right and not some cheap gimmicks that last a month or two. Hats off. This is the start of the rise of CITY!!!

For sure. I was not suggesting that I am unhappy with things. Quite the opposite. I was referring to the fact that for four years we have all been saying that we need to invest in advertising to grow the club.

Crazy huh  

For sure. I was not suggesting that I am unhappy with things. Quite the opposite. I was referring to the fact that for four years we have all been saying that we need to invest in advertising to grow the club.

Yeah that's how I read it. Just adding that this needs to be how things are done on a continual basis. To grow the club and the game to were it deserves to be will take time and money, but man when we get their it's going to be rockin. 

• Like 1

2csavea.png

Surprised membership didn't go down due to the fact shes the biggest nobody in the universe. Never seen someone ride the curtails of their sisters success so much.

I demand the club come out publicly and distance itself from any acts or comments made by either Dannii or Kylie Minogue!

Edited by Pete Heartspur
  • Like 2

Hopefully they stagger the remaining player/marquee signings to keep the interest ticking over. Love the way they came out with a statement of intent with the Villa signing cant wait to see what is left in the bag. Still another 3 massive signings to make and happy days!!  

happy-days-ftr.jpg

Errrr, nobody wearing a Fred Perry buttoned up polo top therefore u r wrong mong :redcard:

• Like 2

happy-days-ftr.jpg

Errrr, nobody wearing a Fred Perry buttoned up polo top therefore u r wrong mong :redcard:

Also no Hayden Cunningham. 

Dannii Minogue may well be annoying to some but she still is well known. Considering The x factor returns this week, there's some more interest headed to her twitter.

To be a successful brand we need to appeal to a broad demographic. Etihad obviously rate her appeal as their brand ambassador, so any support is good :)

As for the ads, loved the one at the back with the shirts and the pilots hat, but yes the one at the front was less well done.

After years of nothingness though, I am impressed by the effort that Etihad and CFG have gone to with this to try and take us to the next level.

To be around 5k memberships already is a huge effort.

• Like 1

happy-days-ftr.jpg

I can see two Pringle Argyles up the back, Fonzi in a Baracuta Harrington and Ritchie in some Harris Tweed... so looks about right to me. :up:

Edited by cadete
  • Like 3

If anyone was expecting the automatic rollover and hasn't heard anything from the club yet, it might be worth sending them an email as they had lost my card details and my membership wasn't renewed. It's easy enough to fix though.