Melbourne Football

David Villa

kingofhearts

Goal wasn't that good in my opinion, he was on his own, yes it was a nice backheel (if that is what it's called) but he had time to flick it in with his wang.

By all means was a decent goal, but reel in the wank fest guys.

I know I saw Williams, Mate, Kewell do the exact same thing a few times last season...

Thanks for reminding us. I too had forgotten our potent forward line of last season.

We did win goal of the year.....

To be fair, we scored some absolute belters last season. 

- Engelaar vs Central Coast

- Engelaar vs Wellington

- Williams vs Wellington

- Williams vs Sydney FC

- Migliorini x2 vs Adelaide

Goal wasn't that good in my opinion, he was on his own, yes it was a nice backheel (if that is what it's called) but he had time to flick it in with his wang.

I think his whole performance was great, not just the goal, certainly something to look forward to.

• Like 2

Migliorini was top shelf from outside of the box

but being Italian I am biased

100% agreed, although running over to and hugging Aloisi was pretty terrible ahaha

I think his whole performance was great, not just the goal, certainly something to look forward to.

Also agree with this.

David Villa was probably best on ground, at least in the first half anyway. So many clever flicks and backheels and dribbles, it was nice to see.

100% agreed, although running over to and hugging Aloisi was pretty terrible ahaha

Also agree with this.

David Villa was probably best on ground, at least in the first half anyway. So many clever flicks and backheels and dribbles, it was nice to see.

In terms of performance I couldn't agree more and it was pretty common knowledge that he'll tear it apart for us.

Just thought the goal was a good solid goal, looking back through the thread I might have jumped the gun, only 1 or 2 blokes were getting off over the goal.

Can't wait to get him to sign a red and white striped top when he is here!

Also agree with this.

In terms of performance I couldn't agree more and it was pretty common knowledge that he'll tear it apart for us.

Just thought the goal was a good solid goal, looking back through the thread I might have jumped the gun, only 1 or 2 blokes were getting off over the goal.

Can't wait to get him to sign a red and white striped top when he is here!

It might not have been the best goal but in the end, you can't help but ask yourself, would Williams or Mate have scored that'? 

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Williams was to miss an opportunity like that by blasting it straight at the keeper. 

As others have mentioned, he put on a clinic from the start of the game until he was subbed out. The goal was just icing. Thing is, like with Torres' goal in the second, you knew it was going in the back of the net the moment it went to them. That will be a novel feeling next season.

As others have mentioned, he put on a clinic from the start of the game until he was subbed out. The goal was just icing. Thing is, like with Torres' goal in the second, you knew it was going in the back of the net the moment it went to them. That will be a novel feeling next season.

Out of likes but I agree completely. 

The goals don't have to be spectacular, but in the end the fact that we'll have confidence that we'll score when Villa (and marquees etc) get the ball will be great. It's better than the current situation, where we could have a two on one situation with the goalie and the fans would still be holding their breath thinking there's a chance we could miss. 

• Like 2

Fox article said:

"He’s also a good team man. It’s not a problem for the coach if he doesn’t play him, so you can bring him without having headaches.”

Bloody well hope he is coz he'll have to get used to playing second fiddle to Captain Hoffman and Davide "boom boom" Villiams :)

You're obviously not a Chelsea fan

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Got out on the paddock today playing lunchtime football after a few weeks lay off. I can tell you honestly from some comments made by fellow combatants, Villa is going to draw crowds to our games. This is from guys who are casual observers of the HAL without being past attendees. They wanna come see him play. Expect 10k+ crowds comfortably. Expect near sellout of Etihad for our first derby. Good times are a coming folks.

Edited by HEARTinator

^^^Yes good numbers will be present, but for how long? What will happen once he flies off to NYCFC? It's casual on lookers like your friends who are the people that we need to convert into full time football fans, thats the only way i can see us growing into something as big as Victree

• Like 1

^^^Yes good numbers will be present, but for how long? What will happen once he flies off to NYCFC? It's casual on lookers like your friends who are the people that we need to convert into full time football fans, thats the only way i can see us growing into something as big as Victree

Indeed this is always the what clubs have to wreslte with. Villa alone is not the answer but Villa with ongoing good team performances and finals football and a shot at silverware is what is required. I'm sure the players and JVS and coaching staff are on notice. Poor performance is not going to be glossed over like under Sidwell et al. We need to start with good attendances and give people a reason to join.

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

Lets hope they have a plan in place to at least adequately compensate for the loss of Villa and Lampard, if the latter does come.

Could get messy half way through the season if they don't get that transition right.

Good problem to have.

Edited by Shahanga

Lets hope they have a plan in place to at least adequately compensate for the loss of Villa and Lampard, if the latter does come.

Could get messy half way through the season if they don't get that transition right.

Good problem to have.

True..... but only if they get it right.

Imagine the frustration if it all goes downhill once they leave :)

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting confirming Villa could play up to 10 games, and him almost talking about playing for our club:

Before the next MLS season begins, Villa will leave New York in October for a few months to join Australian A-League team Melbourne City, another club associated with Manchester City. He said Thursday he’s not sure whether Lampard or any other NYCFC players will join him, but he said he could make up to 10 appearances for Melbourne during the 2014-15 season so he can “keep the rust off.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/nycfc-david-villa-bronx-debut-article-1.1888037

Villa's full sentence BTW was "No better way to keep the rust off than actually stay active.”

Edited by Murfy1

Reporting confirming Villa could play up to 10 games, and him almost talking about playing for our club:

Before the next MLS season begins, Villa will leave New York in October for a few months to join Australian A-League team Melbourne City, another club associated with Manchester City. He said Thursday he’s not sure whether Lampard or any other NYCFC players will join him, but he said he could make up to 10 appearances for Melbourne during the 2014-15 season so he can “keep the rust off.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/soccer/nycfc-david-villa-bronx-debut-article-1.1888037

Villa's full sentence BTW was "No better way to keep the rust off than actually stay active.”

Meh, even a David Villa who really doesn't care about the club he's playing for is still going to be the best player in this league. 

To me he's a bonus player more than anything so I don't overly care about his attitude too much, I just can't wait to see him carve it up for us!

i hope he spends round 1st half on the bench, and second half drinking beers with the travelling City supporters ... shove it Sydney, they dont deserve to get him round 1

I hope he puts three past Sydney and makes there supporters wish he never crossed their border

The tears from arnie will be delicious

i hope he spends round 1st half on the bench, and second half drinking beers with the travelling City supporters ... shove it Sydney, they dont deserve to get him round 1

I hope he puts three past Sydney and makes there supporters wish he never crossed their border

The tears from arnie will be delicious

i wonder what the odds are for arnie having a sook about the guest player rule after villa scores a bag against them in round one

Why can't they just put the real kit on him? How hard can it be to mail one out to NYC and take one photo? 

Has Villa even mentioned our club by name yet, or even actually acknowledged that he is coming to our country  other than statements like "I will get the rust out". 

It's starting to feel like nobodies told him that he is coming yet.

*I realise he did appear in that video and in a Melbourne City shirt but apart from that nothing.