Melbourne Football

David Villa

kingofhearts

So to put this in perspective for me...

- Spain is #1 team in the world defending their WC this year.

- Villa is the all time leading goal scorer for the #1 team in the world who is still part of that team.

- Villa is coming to play for us.

Just letting that sink in... f*kn WOW!

This is who you are now, Enjoy every moment lads :) and hope you thrash the Victory and shutup everyone who ever took the piss

BpVS6TjIEAEJO9K.png

Edited by TxikiBugger
  • Like 4

Villa was my favourite player at the 2010 World Cup. I was just getting into football back then and he was my first man crush for a footballer. Can't believe he's coming. 

Now don't get injured at the World Cup Villa or I will kill you.

Exactly what I was thinking.

So to put this in perspective for me...

- Spain is #1 team in the world defending their WC this year.

- Villa is the all time leading goal scorer for the #1 team in the world who is still part of that team.

- Villa is coming to play for us.

Just letting that sink in... f*kn WOW!

This is who you are now, Enjoy every moment lads :) and hope you thrash the Victory and shutup everyone who ever took the piss

BpVS6TjIEAEJO9K.png

In case you guys didn't notice, this is actually our away top. If you look closely, you can see the white stripes at the front of the kit. with a notable absence of main sponsor. The usual host plus and Hyundai logo's are there as well as the new circle logo we have.

Thanks Txiki. The rivalry will forever remain.

Edited by Deviant
  • Like 1

As he's only 32 and still potentially has quite a few good years ahead of him, I wonder if we'll see him play 10 games with us for every season that he's still signed with New York City?

It's actually going to be pretty awesome to see a player of his level playing here while still performing at a high level, I mean he's just come off a season featuring heavily for the La Liga champs and Champions League finalists!

I'm not sure if he could do it every season though, I think the MLS runs for a lengthy period (happy to be corrected) and they wouldn't want him to burn out.

Is Villa's actual status actually defined anywhere? He could be a guest player, a short-term loan player, or a short-term contract player actually contracted to Melbourne City. Only the first category would restrict him to 10 matches and place him outside the cap.

Commentators tend to use these terms loosely and interchangeably.

So most importantly, is this bloke going to be showing up as our player in FIFA 15?

He's already shown up as our player in my FIFA 13! 

Transferred him and our other confirmed signings over today and beat the tards 4-0 with Villa scoring a first-half brace  :D

So most importantly, is this bloke going to be showing up as our player in FIFA 15?

Transferred him and our other confirmed signings over today and beat the tards 4-0 with Villa scoring a first-half brace  :D

I hope thats without you playing the game, should have been at least 15-0 the FIFA AI is horrible :P

I hope thats without you playing the game, should have been at least 15-0 the FIFA AI is horrible :P

Well I'm not amazing ahaha!

Finkler had to go off injured in the first half and Archie was caught offside twice so it was pretty accurate at least  :lol: