Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

Don´t worry Peter, they could always sell their holdings to South Melbourne.. ;)

But seriously, the problem is not that CFG don´t want to invest, rather the opposite. If they had no thoughts about spending seriously they would hate the idea of the team playing in sky blue.

At least then the food available at games would be interesting. :)

Call me cynical but am still burnt by the whole Storm saga. In my opinion, if he has his way, Man City will stay so the league can enjoy whatever benefits come from their involvement - whilst ensuring there is no success for us.

The guy is a proven dud.

Are you insinuating that Gallop was responsible for the salary cap saga from 2010? No one had any idea except for a very small select group of people.

Not for the crime. He was responsible for the penalty though (which I believe was crap) and for his comments towards their supporters.

The penalty was deserved.  They had cheated.  There was a precedence (Canterbury Bulldogs being stripped of all points, whilst winning the league with a few weeks to go).

Whilst this (colours) decision may have been made for non-preferred reasons, its the right decision and I applaud Gallop and his team for having the courage to make it.

• Like 2

How many more left to use? Lmao

whathttp://mhfcsupporters.com/topic/2678-3-new-chants-while-doing-the-poznan-not-been-used-in-a-league/

Then look at Tesla's recent posts... So you mean to tell me that this lame joke, with a pic I just pulled from google had been treated as a serious post and the jokes from the other thread has expanded onto mine?

Tesla's and ksk's posts all make sense now

Fucking hell :droy:

Edited by Young Polak

You make me despair at times Zeven.. CFG are in Australia for a purpose, everything they do will be in line with that purpose.
Taking on FFA is not in line with that purpose I assure you.

This thing is but a nuisance for the CFM guys but heck, Tom Glick doesn´t run CFG.. B)

Sound good but I can't make a plane.

No matter how hard I throw it.....

All of them hit my toes.

Lessons at the pub beforehand... 

Just realised I don't know what the fines are for throwing things onto the pitch (or organising such a thing)... so I officially retract my encouragement... DO NOT THROW PAPER PLANES ONTO THE PITCH. 

I hope CFG respond with full force.  

Or they could perhaps realise they have been saved from making a huge fuck up by alienating all the existing fans.  They could then go on to make a virtue out of a necessity by actually keeping our colours but changing all the other stuff we have been happy for them to do.

That would be the best thing for our club and our city.

At the same time all Man City supporters who are only on here because they are looking to spread the sky blue empire could relocate to this site:  http://sfcu.com.au/smf202/index.php?board=2.0     where they will doubtlessly fit in better.

Can I be the first to say "thanks for visiting"

Edited by Shahanga

A far as I have seen the city supporters on here have been quite supportive of us keeping our colours. Unless you can show me otherwise...

Almost all have and I for one welcome their participation, which has added to the forum in lots of positive ways.

Our friend zeven with the post I quoted seems to have forgotten that we are not interested in a "pissing contest" between Man City and FFA but rather the future of our club.  Also most (all?) of us are happy to see the back of sky blue, which whilst some tolerated, non actually wanted.   

• Like 4

So you mean to tell me that this lame joke, with a pic I just pulled from google had been treated as a serious post and the jokes from the other thread has expanded onto mine?

He stayed up from 2-4am just to figure that out

(Sorry, I couldnt help myself)

• Like 1

Correct decision by the FFA, even though it appears their decision was fuelled by Sydney's protests rather than Melbourne's or the interests of Australian football.  TBH I never thought they would have the balls to do it.  In situations like this however, you'd take the goal, even if it's an own goal.

Interesting to see what the next steps are.  If City decide to pursue this issue, it will just signal that their intentions are what they were from the start, to establish a mini-Man City.

This no doubt will just add further angst to the situation and anger fans more-so.  We should be focussing our energy on other club issues instead of this.  Whatever good will Man City have had, they will definitely use more of it up if they decide to go down this path. 

IMO, the way City have handled not just this situation, but the club as a whole, has been pretty poor.  This colour issue just seems to be another indication that they have grossly underestimated and misinterpreted the sporting and football landscape in Oz, in addition to their lack of communication and engaging fans.  

One way to reach a quick and effective conclusion of course is to simply ask the fans what colours we want, after all "We Power the Game".  However, this would be too simple and effective a solution.  We have “brand alignment” and “global synergies” to think about.

• Like 6

I got a suspicion that there´s been a bit of conflict of interest between two CFG parts, CFM and CFS in regards to Heart.. It seems to me (I might be wrong, I often am according to my wife) that CFS headed by Brian Marwood pushed for CFG buying Heart, CFS are all about infrastructure, youth academies and developing players. They wanted a club in Australia.
CFM on the other hand handles marketing and sponsorships and are all about brand awareness and other silly names for selling something and might very well have had a meltdown at discovering that Heart play in red&white, I´m sure they are the ones that pushed for approaching Sydney FC.. :lol:

And that might be why Simon Pearce turned up as an Emissary of the real power to meet the FRG to say something like "Erm, sorry lads but we think we have to change some stuff in regards to the club, but we´ll try to be as careful as we can"

This is just conjecture from me though, but it would explain why everything have been so silent for so long perhaps :huh:

• Like 1

A far as I have seen the city supporters on here have been quite supportive of us keeping our colours. Unless you can show me otherwise...

Almost all have and I for one welcome their participation, which has added to the forum in lots of positive ways.

Our friend zeven with the post I quoted seems to have forgotten that we are not interested in a "pissing contest" between Man City and FFA but rather the future of our club.  Also most (all?) of us are happy to see the back of sky blue, which whilst some tolerated, non actually wanted.   

Not all, I wanted a change, I wanted to become a part of a synergy of three clubs across the world playing in sky blue and white. But you win some and you lose some. 

Edited by Dylan

Heart's colours are only the presenting issue. The real issue that sits behind all this is the way the A-League is set up on a franchise basis. Heart's new owners are not the first to rail against the heavy hand of the FFA's franchise system, and this won't be the last time that there will be a dispute between FFA and one or more of the franchises.

On this occasion the system has worked to please those who wanted to retain the red-and-white home colours. For now, at least.

We don't know the details of what the "on-going discussions" between Heart and FFA are about, and I'm absolutely sure that this colours issue is not settled for all time. TBH for me it's now the likelihood of an ongoing festering sore on this that concerns me more than the colours themselves.

As we've discussed before there's a whole range of views on these subjects, but I'm in the "laissez-faire" camp when it comes to loosening the heavy hand of FFA. Ultimately I believe that is necessary for the growth and improvement of football in this country.

But roll on next season so we all have some real football to talk about!!

• Like 1

Not all, I wanted a change, I wanted to become a part of a synergy of three clubs across the world playing in sky blue and white. But you win some and you lose some. 

Why?

about my latest post,  didnt think i would need to expain it.  i mean  vs Sidney  they can decide stuff like this without being challanged.  

still im not interesting in the colour debate that you guys are but how another team can decide another teams colours, this is just madnass

about my latest post, didnt think i would need to expain it. i mean vs Sidney they can decide stuff like this without being challanged.

still im not interesting in the colour debate that you guys are but how another team can decide another teams colours, this is just madnass

Isn't that what the colour debate is all about? Another team deciding what our colours are?

about my latest post, didnt think i would need to expain it. i mean vs Sidney they can decide stuff like this without being challanged.

Isn't that what the colour debate is all about? Another team deciding what our colours are?

true, what i meant was. im not taking part or side  in the colour of the shirt debate.  its just weird that Sidney can influence hearts colour choice.  I just hope Heart absolutly run over Sidney next season to shut them up.  

true, what i meant was. im not taking part or side  in the colour of the shirt debate.  its just weird that Sidney can influence hearts colour choice.  I just hope Heart absolutly run over Sidney next season to shut them up.  

You're absolutely taking a side in the colour debate. You're taking the Manchester City side. A great majority of the heart fans are not on the Manchester City side. Why do YOU want Sydney* to be run over next season?

They seem to be shaping up to be a very competitive team. I'll be tipping my hat in their direction next time we meet, chur for the chop out, sort of..

sheep.jpg

MOOOO!!!

about my latest post,  didnt think i would need to expain it.  i mean  vs Sidney  they can decide stuff like this without being challanged.  

zeven, these are some of the cultural difference CFG has to understand here. If Sydney and Melbourne were sisters, Sydney would be the gorgeous blond with enormous boobs but rather vain and self-centred and dumb. Melbourne would be plainer looking, bookish but much more interesting. Each sister of course is jealous of each other's virtues. FFA is based in Sydney and so should really be understood to stand for Sydney Football Federation. All decisions are made through the Sydney prism, it's hard for them to see that the rest of the country matters. The Asian Cup for instance is to be held in 'Australia' in January, the majority of the games are in Sydney, Newcastle and Canberra so that all the AFC delegates and FFA can stay in Sydney. If you understand this then its easy to see how what Sydney FC thinks becomes very very important. It isn't another team deciding the issue though, it's FFA and they will just apply the same Sydney-centric focus.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 5

seven, these are some of the cultural difference CFG has to understand here. If Sydney and Melbourne were sisters, Sydney would be the gorgeous blond with enormous boobs but rather vain and self-centred and dumb. Melbourne would be plainer looking, bookish but much more interesting. Each sister of course is jealous of each other's virtues. FFA is based in Sydney and so should really be understood to stand for Sydney Football Federation. All decisions are made through the Sydney prism, it's hard for them to see that the rest of the country matters. The Asian Cup for instance is to be held in 'Australia' in January, the majority of the games are in Sydney, Newcastle and Canberra so that all the AFC delegated and FFA can stay in Sydney. If you understand this then its easy to see how what Sydney FC thinks becomes very very important. It isn't another team deciding the issue though, it's FFA and they will just apply the same Sydney-centric focus.

Post of the off-season so far!

I'll question you on one hypothetical though. If Sydney FC had not lodged an objection do you think Gallop/FFA would have gone along with City's application or not?

seven, these are some of the cultural difference CFG has to understand here. If Sydney and elbourne were sisters, Sydney would be the gorgeous blond with enormous boobs but rather vain and self-centred and dumb. Melbourne would be plainer looking, bookish but much more interesting. Each sister of course is jealous of each other's virtues. FFA is based in Sydney and so should really be understood to stand for Sydney Football Federation. All decisions are made through the Sydney prism, it's hard for them to see that the rest of the country matters. The Asian Cup for instance is to be held in 'Australia' in January, the majority of the games are in Sydney, Newcastle and Canberra so that all the AFC delegated and FFA can stay in Sydney. If you understand this then its easy to see how what Sydney FC thinks becomes very very important. It isn't another team deciding the issue though, it's FFA and they will just apply the same Sydney-centric focus.

You can also add to this the fact that the cheapest full adult ticket to the Socceroos v Kuwait in Melbourne is $69. Compare this to both Socceroos games in Brisbane and Sydney where they are only $49. The Socceroos match against Korea in Brisbane is clearly the standout match in our group, yet is $20 cheaper than the game against Kuwait! If Sydney is the centre of the universe as some people believe it to be, then surely they should be able to charge what they do in Melbourne and expect a sell-out. No?

Anyway, not even sure it's relevant but it's been pissing me off ever since prices were made public. Just needed to get that off my chest.

You do realise the capacity of the Melb venue is about 20,000 less than Brisbane and 50,000 less than Sydney right? Melb will be a guaranteed sell out, of course they'd charge higher prices

We both know it wouldn't matter. If they played at Etihad it would still sell-out, and there's no excuse for the games in Brisbane and Sydney not to sell-out either!

seven, these are some of the cultural difference CFG has to understand here. If Sydney and elbourne were sisters, Sydney would be the gorgeous blond with enormous boobs but rather vain and self-centred and dumb. Melbourne would be plainer looking, bookish but much more interesting. Each sister of course is jealous of each other's virtues. FFA is based in Sydney and so should really be understood to stand for Sydney Football Federation. All decisions are made through the Sydney prism, it's hard for them to see that the rest of the country matters. The Asian Cup for instance is to be held in 'Australia' in January, the majority of the games are in Sydney, Newcastle and Canberra so that all the AFC delegated and FFA can stay in Sydney. If you understand this then its easy to see how what Sydney FC thinks becomes very very important. It isn't another team deciding the issue though, it's FFA and they will just apply the same Sydney-centric focus.

You can also add to this the fact that the cheapest full adult ticket to the Socceroos v Kuwait in Melbourne is $69. Compare this to both Socceroos games in Brisbane and Sydney where they are only $49. The Socceroos match against Korea in Brisbane is clearly the standout match in our group, yet is $20 cheaper than the game against Kuwait! If Sydney is the centre of the universe as some people believe it to be, then surely they should be able to charge what they do in Melbourne and expect a sell-out. No?

Anyway, not even sure it's relevant but it's been pissing me off ever since prices were made public. Just needed to get that off my chest. Few points you need to consider with out any bias tinted glasses on.

1. The Sydney government offered the competition of a lot more funding for the tournament, so naturally they were felt a better hand.

2. R.e prices - Brisbane has a 70% bigger cappacity stadium and Sydney a 170% bigger than Melbourne. Pretty self explanitory.

3. The quarter finals are evenly distributed between the 4 cities, but NSW offers a huge geographical advantage for the Semis, Final and 3rd place game. Along with the state's funding, it's not hard to see why they won these games.

seven, these are some of the cultural difference CFG has to understand here. If Sydney and elbourne were sisters, Sydney would be the gorgeous blond with enormous boobs but rather vain and self-centred and dumb. Melbourne would be plainer looking, bookish but much more interesting. Each sister of course is jealous of each other's virtues. FFA is based in Sydney and so should really be understood to stand for Sydney Football Federation. All decisions are made through the Sydney prism, it's hard for them to see that the rest of the country matters. The Asian Cup for instance is to be held in 'Australia' in January, the majority of the games are in Sydney, Newcastle and Canberra so that all the AFC delegated and FFA can stay in Sydney. If you understand this then its easy to see how what Sydney FC thinks becomes very very important. It isn't another team deciding the issue though, it's FFA and they will just apply the same Sydney-centric focus. You can also add to this the fact that the cheapest full adult ticket to the Socceroos v Kuwait in Melbourne is $69. Compare this to both Socceroos games in Brisbane and Sydney where they are only $49. The Socceroos match against Korea in Brisbane is clearly the standout match in our group, yet is $20 cheaper than the game against Kuwait! If Sydney is the centre of the universe as some people believe it to be, then surely they should be able to charge what they do in Melbourne and expect a sell-out. No?

Anyway, not even sure it's relevant but it's been pissing me off ever since prices were made public. Just needed to get that off my chest. Few points you need to consider with out any bias tinted glasses on.

1. The Sydney government offered the competition of a lot more funding for the tournament, so naturally they were felt a better hand.

2. R.e prices - Brisbane has a 70% bigger cappacity stadium and Sydney a 170% bigger than Melbourne. Pretty self explanitory.

3. The quarter finals are evenly distributed between the 4 cities, but NSW offers a huge geographical advantage for the Semis, Final and 3rd place game. Along with the state's funding, it's not hard to see why they won these games.

I'm not looking at it with any bias, I'm trying to look at it in fairness and equality. My previous point was that there really is no reason why the games in Brisbane and Sydney shouldn't achieve large crowds if not sell out. Therefore, there is no reason or need for the ticket prices to be any cheaper.

^^ I doubt even if the Vic govt put up more money, and a bigger venue was chosen, that it would get the Final.

First and foremost, the FFA brain is hard wired to be Sydney-centric. It will look first at Sydney then offer things to others second.

This SFC/MH Sky Blue decision would likely have been a non-issue if one of the clubs in other states had been involved, as SFC has had the FFA's ear for a long time now. With all that taken into consideration, its only natural that WSW and SFC have the strongest opportunity to voice their opinion, which no other club can compete with really.

• Like 1