CCM vs Heart on the 5/1/13 at 5:00pm at Bluetongue Stadium

cadete

Take em on.

Redmayne

Walker Vrankovic Weilart Behich

Murdocca Retre Garrucio

Mauk

Williams Mifsud

Yep, a midfield with no experience. Just what we need right now. 

Sure, I'm all for 'the Yoof Policy', but it needs to be balanced properly. That starting 11 is pretty weak if you ask me, and would be setting the squad up for a significant loss. 

• Like 2

Take em on.

Redmayne

Murdocca Retre Garrucio

Mauk

Williams Mifsud

Sure, I'm all for 'the Yoof Policy', but it needs to be balanced properly. That starting 11 is pretty weak if you ask me, and would be setting the squad up for a significant loss.

Yes because the older players we have playing have done a sterling job.

How anyone can have Patrick Gerhardt in their side is beyond me. He is a liability.

Play the kids. In every line there is experience. It's a bit skewed to youth but has experienced filtered through it.

The position we are in now is dire. We need to win 10 out of 15 games to play finals you would say. Not impossible but close enough.

Restore some ethics and pride in the shirt, play these kids for next season. An eye for next season.

Too many of the senior players won't be with us next year. After a winless start what's the point of them?

My mindset is for next season. Club has blown this season. If the change of manager happened when it should have then maybe we play for the finals and shaking it up. Too long gone now. Let's play to win the 2014/2015 competition. Having a young core with good experience will be vital.

It's not like all these kids can't play. All have been impressive. Give them a chance to develop. No better way than playing week in week out. We are in a situation where that's possible to do.

• Like 3

Take em on.

Redmayne

Murdocca Retre Garrucio

Mauk

Williams Mifsud

Yes because the older players we have playing have done a sterling job.

How anyone can have Patrick Gerhardt in their side is beyond me. He is a liability.

Play the kids. In every line there is experience. It's a bit skewed to youth but has experienced filtered through it.

The position we are in now is dire. We need to win 10 out of 15 games to play finals you would say. Not impossible but close enough.

Restore some ethics and pride in the shirt, play these kids for next season. An eye for next season.

Too many of the senior players won't be with us next year. After a winless start what's the point of them?

My mindset is for next season. Club has blown this season. If the change of manager happened when it should have then maybe we play for the finals and shaking it up. Too long gone now. Let's play to win the 2014/2015 competition. Having a young core with good experience will be vital.

It's not like all these kids can't play. All have been impressive. Give them a chance to develop. No better way than playing week in week out. We are in a situation where that's possible to do. Spot on.

Will also put a rocket through the squad and announce that no one is guaranteed a spot. You have 15 games to play for year career!! Sick of mediocrity - no, shit - being rewarded week after week with selection. Time to draw a line in the sand in so many ways.

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 2

Take em on.

Redmayne

Murdocca Retre Garrucio

Mauk

Williams Mifsud

Sure, I'm all for 'the Yoof Policy', but it needs to be balanced properly. That starting 11 is pretty weak if you ask me, and would be setting the squad up for a significant loss.Yes because the older players we have playing have done a sterling job.

It's not like all these kids can't play. All have been impressive. Give them a chance to develop. No better way than playing week in week out. We are in a situation where that's possible to do. Spot on.

Will also put a rocket through the squad and announce that no one is guaranteed a spot. You have 15 games to play for year career!! Sick of mediocrity - no, shit - being rewarded week after week with selection. Time to draw a line in the sand in so many ways.

Owe you a like.

It's exactly what I'm feeling. Just over the mediocrity of this club. It's why I just want everyone associated removed.

Too many involved have gotten away with not quite murder, but almost of this club. None should remain.

Take em on.

Redmayne

Murdocca Retre Garrucio

Mauk

Williams Mifsud

Sure, I'm all for 'the Yoof Policy', but it needs to be balanced properly. That starting 11 is pretty weak if you ask me, and would be setting the squad up for a significant loss. Yes because the older players we have playing have done a sterling job.

i sure that that has been read out to all the players

It's a new start, the past is over , everyone starts on equal footing, and playing for a job next season

Take em on.

Redmayne

Murdocca Retre Garrucio

Mauk

Williams Mifsud

Sure, I'm all for 'the Yoof Policy', but it needs to be balanced properly. That starting 11 is pretty weak if you ask me, and would be setting the squad up for a significant loss. Yes because the older players we have playing have done a sterling job.

i sure that that has been read out to all the players

It's a new start, the past is over , everyone starts on equal footing, and playing for a job next season

There was that release from the board saying all football department jobs are under review. I assume thats because of the impending take over. Obviously that leaves out already contracted players, unless they are very serious and will pay players out. But I would rather they spend that money elsewhere. There was also a rumour around that JVS when he has been here as the technical director spent the vast majority of his time with the youth team, which may explain why under JA absolutely nothing changed no matter how bad the situation got. 

This is silly. 

Walker---Wielaert--Vrankovic---Behich

----------Paddy G-----Murdocca--------

Rambo------------Kewell--------Williams

------------------Mifsud-------------------

Subs: Velaphi, Hoffman, Mauk, Gol Gol, Migliorini

This.

Won't do any of the youth any good to all be thrown in at the same time. The forward half of our youth squad are all way too raw so far and need to be introduced at different stages. Particularly Retre and Mauk. When I have seen them play they have looked lost on the field. Not to say they don't have positive attributes that can be developed and it's probably down to poor management from JA and a playing style that was hard to comprehend. But these players need to be nursed up to level rather than thrown to the wolves. I back Vrankovic to be the one of our current youth contracted players to make the biggest impact, who has potential to be more than just a back up A-League level player.

Against CCM

Redmayne 

Walker   Vrankovic   Wielaert   Behich

Migliorini    Murdocca

Dugandzic     Kewell      Garuccio

Mifsud

JVS will get the most out of Dugandzic. He got 7 goals and 7 assists in the season that JVS coached him. I also expect our wingers and fullbacks to lift in quality under JVS.

And..

Redmayne 

Walker   Vrankovic   Wielaert   Behich

Engelaar    Murdocca

Dugandzic     Kewell      Garuccio

Mifsud

Soon.

Find it strange that people we crying out for JA to be sacked but still would select the same players who have not won a game in 17.

Everyone has dropped the Hoff who has been one of the better players this year. Imagine he would been hung drawn and quartered if he had stopped running like Behich did.

Find it strange that people we crying out for JA to be sacked but still would select the same players who have not won a game in 17.

Everyone has dropped the Hoff who has been one of the better players this year. Imagine he would been hung drawn and quartered if he had stopped running like Behich did.

Take em on.RedmayneWalker Vrankovic Weilart BehichMurdocca Retre GarrucioMaukWilliams Mifsud

Just not sure why you still wouldn't have Kewell in your starting XI? Sure he didn't have his greatest game against the Nix and he may have no future at this club after the season. But a younger group of core midfielders will learn much more playing alongside HK in the second half of the season then they'll learn being thrown into the midfield alone.

• Like 1

IMO the trouble is we don't know what brief JvS has accepted, apart from being the caretaker coach until the end of this season. Peter Sidwell is still talking up "finals football" but I'm not sure whether he really believes that that is possible. If we really wanted that, then JA should have been dumped much earlier, at least five matches ago; as it is JvS has not got any time at all for assessment and experimentation, he's got to try and change the style of play, and he's got to re-instill some confidence, all in a very narrow window.

My own preference would be to start the rebuild process sooner rather than later, but without wholesale changes all at once. Yes, I would keep Hoff at LB, and I would play Vrankovic alongside Wielaert at CB, Behich of course at LB. I would play 4-3-3, with a midfield of Harry, Murdocca and initially Mauk. IMO the front three is the real problem area - Garuccio surely has to feature, and Mifsud, but the rest have been so badly out of form that it's hard to complete the line. On balance I'd give Dugandzic a couple more chances.

And keep the ball on the bloody deck, as we don't have the aerial power anywhere in the side to be competing in the air.

• Like 2

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Heart

Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford

Kick-off: 5.00pm local (5.00pm AEDT)

Referee: Jarred Gillett

Assistant Referee 1: David Walsh

Assistant Referee 2: Leigh Pigram

Fourth Official: Stephen Lucas

TV Broadcast: 5.00pm (AEDT) Live and exclusive coverage on FOX Sports 1HD and Sky Sport 3 (New Zealand).

Radio Broadcast: Full coverage Online/Mobile phone app Second half coverage 92.5 ABC Central Coast, 774 ABC Melbourne, ABC Local radio Victoria, Grandstand Digital, Online/Mobile phone app