Melbourne Football

Melbourne City's New HQ and Training Facility

Dylan

Also a nice touch is the car park lines are painted blue. Would have preferred if they were in red but still a nice touch!

The car park lines are white for normal people - blue are those for disabled parking. Standard across Australia.

Sorry but unless they have about 50 disabled car parks then all the car park lines are all blue for anyone to park in.

Also a nice touch is the car park lines are painted blue. Would have preferred if they were in red but still a nice touch!

The car park lines are white for normal people - blue are those for disabled parking. Standard across Australia.

Sorry but unless they have about 50 disabled car parks then all the car park lines are all blue for anyone to park in.

We only need 9 blue spots at the moment, I guess their planning for the future.

• Like 3

Thanks for the pic updates niko.

One thing I find interesting is that they spent $15 million but didn't even appear to finish off the facade in the same material on the back of the building (as shown in the pic after the Loading dock).

Certainly a great start by the club.

Haven't been there myself, but from the look of the image of the loading dock (markings on the concrete slab) there is still work to be done on the facility.

Yeah, seems like they just wanted to get the main facility open first and do any other cosmetic work done afterwards. It makes sense.

Excited to see what they have planned for the rest of the facility in the coming years.

I hear they still need to build the Germano rehabilitation wing and injury / recovery ward (mainly for Germano) ... possibly 2-3 weeks away

• Like 2

Thanks for the pic updates niko.

One thing I find interesting is that they spent $15 million but didn't even appear to finish off the facade in the same material on the back of the building (as shown in the pic after the Loading dock).

Certainly a great start by the club.

Haven't been there myself, but from the look of the image of the loading dock (markings on the concrete slab) there is still work to be done on the facility.

Yeah, seems like they just wanted to get the main facility open first and do any other cosmetic work done afterwards. It makes sense.

Excited to see what they have planned for the rest of the facility in the coming years.

I hear they still need to build the Germano rehabilitation wing and injury / recovery ward (mainly for Germano) ... possibly 2-3 weeks away

Classic. Its definitely an important addition.. likely for 10 more weeks then it will be vacated when he is released :lol:

Edited by Heart_fan
  • Like 1

I'm getting greedy now, the more I look at it the more I see areas that could be added :lol:

It's very surprising to see just how in depth they went with the facility. It's light years ahead of rival HAL clubs and will likely make other clubs lift their game.

I can see SFC try and up the ante, as we all know they are about status. They try something and CFG will go ahead and launch Phase 2 haha

• Like 1

As long as our training facilities are better than victory - then i will be happy.

The good thing is we own our facilities, while victory has to pay rent.  

So our senior team has its own base and youth teams train at our old facility.

I also hear they are playing their npl games at port melbourne.  

We are bringing the game to the people and community by playing our home games as away fixtures.

As long as our training facilities are better than victory - then i will be happy.

We are bringing the game to the people and community by playing our home games as away fixtures.

Do we own this facility? I'm not so sure of that. Its still being positioned as a partnership with Latrobe from everything I have seen, so that would likely mean leasing too in some way.

I would suspect that in coming years that the Adacemy and youth set up will gain new facilities next to the new first team building, which would be a good move.

As for the NPL, I had thought that both MV and MC sides were not to play home games. Could be wrong there though.

Do we own this facility? I'm not so sure of that. Its still being positioned as a partnership with Latrobe from everything I have seen, so that would likely mean leasing too in some way.

I would suspect that in coming years that the Adacemy and youth set up will gain new facilities next to the new first team building, which would be a good move.

As for the NPL, I had thought that both MV and MC sides were not to play home games. Could be wrong there though.

CFG will be the lessee of the facility. It has already been stated that Melbourne City is the principal tenant. Of course it's just money moving from one part of CFG to another, but I'd guess all multinationals are run that way.

We'll never know the numbers - why should we, CFG is privately owned by Sheikh Mansour - but my guess would be that the lease arrangement between Latrobe and CFG is a far better deal than Geelong Victory has to use the facilities at AAMI Park and Gosch's Paddock.

As others have said, our new HQ is a massive boost for our club and everyone connected with it, including Latrobe University, for the A-League, and for the game in general in Australia.

We may not technically "own the land", but we have total control of the facilities within.

Something victory cannot claim.

Victory still have to book the training facilities and rooms - a feature we do not.

I thought i heard the victory ceo state his teams will be playing at port melb.

Edited by markn

There are about 50 odd sky blue car spots near the training pitch, would assume they are reserved for players?

Yes, thats what people have been saying.  Disable car parking.

All spots are blue.

I don't know what the fuss is about. It is not standard to have all parking bays for the disabled marked by blue lines. What is standard is the use of the blue "wheelchair" logo to signify a bay for disabled people.

289412-2d22c20e-0284-11e4-8fce-3dc9660cd

Image from Cairns.

City should comply with the signage requirements, but their use of sky-blue line markings for parking bays is permissable (although it might well be misleading).

• 2 weeks later...