10 CORNERS 2

0 OFFSIDES 1

315 COMPLETED PASSES 222

39 TOTAL CROSSES 18

Defensive stats

1 SAVES 5

9 CLEARANCES 23

17 TACKLES 30

Kind of says we were very efficient in getting our goal. We had fewer shots on target and had to defend to keep them out. As Bela says above, we gave players like Mooy in particular far too much latitude to have a pot shot at our goal. What are we doing at training FFS???? Mooy is known for backing himself in front of goals. Our training is not preparing us for the match day contests.

Edited by HEARTinator

It is pretty ridiculous how often we've conceded goals right down the middle of our team. This is despite us playing a back 4, with 2 DMs. It is hard to fathom.

On our goal, it must be said that it didn't exactly get scored by great skill or design. Williams was on the wing (where he should be every week, not playing as our no 10/CAM) and he whipped in a good cross that somewhat fortunately made it all the way to the goal (Mifsud deserves some credit for smart box play, by looking like he was going to get his foot to the cross).

And despite us showing more resilience than usual, we gave WSW too many good chances. Their inability to finish well is a key reason why we got a draw.

Further idiocy, why on earth did we play Kalmar on the wing? Wingers need pace, and so-so ball and passing skills are acceptable for wingers (e.g. Williams). Kalmar is the opposite, he's not too quick, but he's pretty good on the ball and he can pass, so he should be in midfield. I reckon there's a fair chance that Kalmar will now get dropped, despite him being largely played out of position (IIRC, the first time JA played Kalmar last season was on the wing too). We use so many players the wrong way, it's just unbelievable.

I am keen to see Heart find more success, but with so many underlying problems that JA either exacerbates or ignores, I sadly think we'll get nothing but failure and disappointment from the team whilst he's the head coach.

• Like 1

I refuse to listen to JA press conferences these days. I'm sure it would be sooooo predictable week in, week out.

I thought I'd put the video up so supporters can keep JA accountable. The excuses he trots out every week should be heard, so they can be exposed for what they are: not good enough.

I refuse to listen to JA press conferences these days. I'm sure it would be sooooo predictable week in, week out.

I thought I'd put the video up so supporters can keep JA accountable. The excuses he trots out every week should be heard, so they can be exposed for what they are: not good enough.

Agree with your intent however JA has become similar to some politicians who keep saying one thing while the evidence is something else. Gradually you tune out and stop listening to them. When our style of play changes and we look like a cohesive team with a recognisable game plan then I might listen and BELIEVE in JA.

Foxsports said that JVS and Sidwell were in the stands yesterday watching the game. Well it could just be that not only has JVS been seconded to help JA but he is providing Sidwell with opinions about the way that JA is going about his coaching.

Edited by HEARTinator

I'm amazed that the only place I read or hear about criticism about MH, is on here.

The media for some reason love us.

EG. SEN this morning - Mel McLoughlin and Brett Phillips saying Heart have improved and played well to get a point and heading in the right direction, but where are WSW at, are they meeting expectations?  LOL.

the only reason = Bambi

FWIW I'm in Sydney for the week so I don't really have access to any replays.

I'd love to watch a replay to see some of the finer details but that won't be just yet.

Being at the game yesterday I was pretty stoked with a point. Yes there was plenty of hairy moments and we probably got lucky on a few occasions.

For me however that's just it; we actually got an away point outside of Melbourne. Talk about other records, we broke our duck. And we were actually 1-0 up.

That doesn't mean I'm the most optimistic bloke with the current regime. Sometimes you just have to take the positives.

Particularly against the best regular season team last year.

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2

Watching the Tards now take on the Jets to see if they are having the same problems as we are LOL

They gave the Dark Lord many years of apprenticeship before they threw him in the deep end, but I guess that he doesn't have the same 'media presence'

Well so far neither Tards nor Jets look anything like us. Good football on display both sides playing along the deck. Quick passing game and Jets not overawed. Are you watching JA or are you in your solarium :tooth:

I'm amazed that the only place I read or hear about criticism about MH, is on here.

EG. SEN this morning - Mel McLoughlin and Brett Phillips saying Heart have improved and played well to get a point and heading in the right direction, but where are WSW at, are they meeting expectations? LOL.

MHFC - the darlings of Australian football

EG. SEN this morning - Mel McLoughlin and Brett Phillips saying Heart have improved and played well to get a point and heading in the right direction, but where are WSW at, are they meeting expectations? LOL.

MHFC - the darlings of Australian football

Bambi, the darling of Australian football

I'm sick of hearing so much shit about Kalmar/Hoffman/Mifsud. Regularly, people on here complain about our midfield and how easy it is to break down.

Who are the holding mids?

That's right, those two flogs Murdocca and Migliorini.

They are the shittest players almost every week and nobody wants to call them out.

Why are we so porous? Those two useless hacks are supposedly protecting the back four. Last time I checked, we had the worst GD in the league.

Get rid of both of them or at least one of them otherwise we will not improve.

I'm sick of hearing so much shit about Kalmar/Hoffman/Mifsud. Regularly, people on here complain about our midfield and how easy it is to break down.

They are the shittest players almost every week and nobody wants to call them out.

Why are we so porous? Those two useless hacks are supposedly protecting the back four. Last time I checked, we had the worst GD in the league.

get your head checked, mate

Might be worth having a watch of a game from time to time mate.

• Like 1

Might be worth having a watch of a game from time to time mate. The one thing I don't agree on is Murdocca. Been a bloody machine for us this season and clearly been one of or Beyer performers . Migliorini though is another story. Take away his 2 amazing goals last week and hes been average at best.

• Like 1

Might be worth having a watch of a game from time to time mate. The one thing I don't agree on is Murdocca. Been a bloody machine for us this season and clearly been one of or Beyer performers . Migliorini though is another story. Take away his 2 amazing goals last week and hes been average at best.

At least he has scored two amazing goals unlike that short bloke we keep starting up front...

• Like 1

At least he has scored two amazing goals unlike that short bloke we keep starting up front...

For the 2 goals he has scored though, how many have we conceded becuse of his lack of pressure in the middle of the park.

Mifsud hasnt scored thats right and there isnt many excuses you can give him. Clearly hes lacking confidence.

Would love to see a possible 442 where we please Williams and Mifsud together up front. I just have a feeling we need a change up from a 433. Dont remember us ever playing anything but this formation since day 1

Interesting that people are quick to defend Murdocca and to a lesser extent Migliorini. Results speak for themselves. As was said above, take away Migliorini's two goals and he has been a waste of space.

As for Murdocca, people seem to be confusing hard work and gut running for good performance. His passes rarely break defences, his runs lead nowhere and he can't win headers nor does he make many tackles for a DM.

Remind me again where we are on the ladder. You really think our performances don't lead back to the two blokes controlling the game from the midfield? Two quality central defenders (who have played in much better leagues than this) and a decent fullback aren't to blame.

It is surprising that so few have asked questions about our DMs.

Maybe you should get your head checked. And I have watched every game. Have you?

In the games where we don't have HK I would like to see Andrea given a run as the number 10.

The criticism of him is fair, his pressure in the midfield is shite and it costs us, but his work on the ball is better than most the guys on the team and he's not afraid to have a pop.

Surely a better option in there than continuously forcing Dave into the role.

Agreed. I still prefer Kalmar. But Mig would take a bit of time to adapt to the position. He wouldn't need to drop back as much either.

However, if Murdocca is playing, play him with someone else. The most obvious choice is Gerhardt. It's the pairing that hurts us the most. M&M aren't a good pairing. That much is clear. A fair bit can be attributed to a lack of tactical instruction. Still, if Murdocca gets to pair with someone who can actually tackle then maybe we wouldn't be torn apart on a weekly basis through the midfield.

Gerhardt is the enforcer we have been lacking. He is also a natural DM. Murdocca isn't tough enough, big enough or skilled enough to break up the play on his own. Mig needs to start from a more attacking position and be covered by Gerhardt and/or Murdocca.

Then you can push Williams onto the wing where he is most threatening. Kewell on the other wing. Mifsud up top with GolGol being the sub.

It's not helpful to look at individual players in isolation. Their positioning in relation to the rest of the team and where and how they've been instructed to move by a coach is important but also the same variables for the back 4 and the front 3. If the front 3 don't defend well it places the midfielders under more pressure, if they are poorly positioned or make unhelpful runs off the ball then the midfielders have less options to move the ball forward.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Interesting that people are quick to defend Murdocca and to a lesser extent Migliorini. Results speak for themselves. As was said above, take away Migliorini's two goals and he has been a waste of space.

As for Murdocca, people seem to be confusing hard work and gut running for good performance. His passes rarely break defences, his runs lead nowhere and he can't win headers nor does he make many tackles for a DM.

Remind me again where we are on the ladder. You really think our performances don't lead back to the two blokes controlling the game from the midfield? Two quality central defenders (who have played in much better leagues than this) and a decent fullback aren't to blame.

It is surprising that so few have asked questions about our DMs.

Maybe you should get your head checked. And I have watched every game. Have you?

We're disgustingly rusted on forum-ites, we watch every game.

I don't think it would matter who was playing in our holding positions, they're forced to cover an exorbitant amount of ground, defending both forward and back of their typical positions, with an example being Mooy getting free over the weekend, it happened a number of times, with a Kisnorbo or Wielaert rushing out to meet an oncoming attacking midfielder, while Murdocca and Migliorini were still marking La Rocca and Poljak, our problems are systematic, not personnel related.

• Like 2

question about Imperial?

who on here was sitting at outside tables after the game.

I saw Bozza saying goodbye to this group just before leaving.

Ps Love the screen inside the place near the stairs. I knew we scored 2 seconds before the rest of the place cheered :D

It's not helpful to look at individual players in isolation. Their positioning in relation to the rest of the team and where and how they've been instructed to move as a coach is important but also the same variables for the back 4 and the front 3. If the front 3 don't defend well it places the midfielders under more pressure, if they are poorly positioned or make unhelpful runs off the ball then the midfielders have less options to move the ball forward.

The reality is both these players if in sides playing close to Kewell and Orlando would be much better players and their mistakes a lot less obvious... Not that we should use injuries as an excuse for our Sub Par Performances this season.

question about Imperial?

Ps Love the screen inside the place near the stairs. I knew we scored 2 seconds before the rest of the place cheered :D

How many people rock up at Imperial? I was at St Kilda beach with a mate and decided to go Elephant & Wheelbarrow to watch the game. Of course it was cricket on every screen so I got management to put the A-league game on one of the screens. Initially it was myself and a mate but all these randoms started watching it with us.

question about Imperial?

Just a bunch of no-goodens them lot
  • Like 2

Murdocca's not a flog mate, what do you expect him to do? He's got some bloke from the Italian 4th division or whatever to work with. You can't build your midfield around a bloke who's under 6 foot, but i tell you what, he's done pretty bloody well so far. When we actually start to get some of our midfielders back and playing regularly (Orlando,Kewell) you'll see just how good he is.

• Like 1

question about Imperial?

Just a bunch of no-goodens them lot I agree.

I was enjoying my Parma outside until this bunch set behind me, raped my table off all the spare chairs and smoked like friken bushfire.

Handbrake said "those hooligans must follow heart"

question about Imperial?

Just a bunch of no-goodens them lotI agree.

I was enjoying my Parma outside until this bunch set behind me, raped my table off all the spare chairs and smoked like friken bushfire.

Handbrake said "those hooligans must follow heart" Hahaha I'm glad you enjoyed the free ciggies :up:

I think some novices would assume that if you're a midfielder but not scoring you are shit!

Murdocca is a defensive midfielder and he has been fantastic at his job (considering)! He's a bloody workhorse and works his butt off at least 50% more than any other Heart player! It's Aloisi's game plan that's fcuking everything up.

• Like 1

Murdocca's not a flog mate, what do you expect him to do? He's got some bloke from the Italian 4th division or whatever to work with. You can't build your midfield around a bloke who's under 6 foot, but i tell you what, he's done pretty bloody well so far. When we actually start to get some of our midfielders back and playing regularly (Orlando,Kewell) you'll see just how good he is.

Different opinions, but it's a debate that needs to be had. Whether it's the set up or the players doesn't really matter - the reality is that our midfield doesn't seem to be there either when we defend or when we attack.

As shown on our club web-site we have 11 midfielders. Now, some are clearly in the wrong category, but if you add Kewell, who should be there, and remove Garuccio, Hoffman and Ramsay who shouldn't, you still end up with 9. One of those is Migliorini, who people often seem to forget is an injury-replacement. And we have another group in the NYL squad, including Archibald and Schroen.

We might ask why it is that it is the transition from defence to attack and vice versa is such a problem area for us with so many players available. If they are not good enough to play A-League football then we shouldn't have signed them; if they are good enough them maybe they should be getting a chance?

This is just one more bullet point that should be on the list of the ruthless review of our management that needs to be carried out.

• Like 2