Melbourne Football

Round 8 - Aloisi Farewell game: Melbourne v Adelaide, Sunday 5pm

LR9

I'll play the optimist and hope for a 2-1 win and an Aloisi sacking.

In fairness to those hoping we do lose today, I can understand the view that a short-term loss for a long-term gain is the most desirable outcome, I think we've all gotten so used to losing that one more to spur change within the club wouldn't hurt.

Still, I do want to see us win a game already as I'm sick of having my weekends consistently ruined by our shitty performances!

I'm a real supporter, but I don't stick my head in the fucking sand and hope everything is going to be a-ok. 

Take the long view and realise that Aloisi has to go, and that the board needs to start making some sensible fucking decisions. 

Feel free to criticise me, but if you stand for mediocrity, then you're just as much to blame as Sidwell/the board/Aloisi. 

• Like 3

What is the point in attending a Football match if you are hoping your team will Loose - Regardless of the shit going on , True Football supporters always back there team. 

I dont get the mentality 

I suppose its un-australian too? :droy:

Quite contrary, Its very Australian of us not too look at the Bigger Picture 

I spoke to an Adelaide supporter this morning who is going to the game. He seemed to be looking forward to it and confident in his sides ability to get a win.

I said I might see him there :unsure:.

Nice day for it anyway.

He'd have to be unrealistically pessimistic to expect anything other than a win. Even a draw will feel like a loss for them.

I spoke to an Adelaide supporter this morning who is going to the game. He seemed to be looking forward to it and confident in his sides ability to get a win.

I said I might see him there :unsure:.

Nice day for it anyway.

He'd have to be unrealistically pessimistic to expect anything other than a win. Even a draw will feel like a loss for them.

It's actually sad that in a salary-capped competition, we've become a club where other teams even fear drawing against us.

Even when we're at home, that's how bad our form is.

I don't hope that we'll lose today. However, I expect and can't help but reason that we'll lose today.

I hope Mifsud gets off the mark today, I think he's been shortchanged a fair bit at Heart (like all strikers under Aloisi), and I believe he's good for a goal (also the FFA made things more difficult for him by forcing him to miss the first 2 rounds).

I'd also really like to see a new number 10. Williams has played there in every game since round 2, except for the first half against Sydney when Kalmar was the 10, and Williams just can't play as a 10. Whether we play Kalmar, Mauk, Dugandzic, Mebrahtu, Ramsay, Murdocca or Migliorini there I don't care. However, I expect JA to stubbornly persist with Williams, because he sort of worked as a 10 once, against CCM (and only because he drifted into the 9 position, like he did for his 2 goals).

I'd also like to see our fullbacks attack more.

But perhaps above all I want to see the players give their all. Even if the tactics make our team woefully ineffective and ultimately doom us, i want to see every player busting a gut until the 90th minute (it's been remarkable that we haven't seen more of this raw effort this season, given that nearly all of our players have their contracts finish this season).

I hope to see a lot of positives on the pitch today. Although I can't help but reason that we'll come up short.

Redmayne (GK)

Gerhardt Kisnorbo Wielaert  Behich

Migliorini Murdocca

Williams

Dugandzic   Mifsud   Ramsay 

BENCH
Velaphi (GK)
Hoffman
Mauk
Kalmar
Mebrahtu 

The definition of insanity...