Melbourne Football

Andrea Migliorini

kingofhearts

Some PPL on here our such Football Purists they would knock back a young Gazza playing for Heart... :rolleyes:

The Italian has proved what he can turn a game on its head - His worth having out on the field for that alone as opposed to a bloke (Germano) who cant get out on the field in the first place. :up:

• Like 2

20131201073457_452707083_10.jpg

What is that kid on the right of Andreas head doing? He's just sitting there lifeless, how about a smile rofl, we just scored!!

Someone didn't give him the memo about the silent protest only lasting the first half!

This kid may well be a good strike option for us, he's composure is immense, a true ice man

#signicekid

Edited by Cinnamon

Still not sold on this bloke, two quality goals today, but don't think his overall play is worthy of a full time spot on the list, especially as a visa player.

I'm still a bit like this too tbh. He was really good today, but i want to see him string some good games together, than i'll be a believer.

Belieber*

I was saying at half time that Hoffman should replace him! That is how bad his first half performance was... he wasn't alone though!

• Like 1

3 yr deal plz

Coz they've worked out so well for us in the past...

Out of interest is Kalmar still on the deal he signed as JVS's beloved Wonder Kid in Season One?

As that might be part of the reason why JA is not his biggest fan.

And also I want Andrea signed instead of Neverplay-ano

Edited by cadete

Maybe we should cool down a little.

Yes he scored 2 excellent goals but I personally don't think he was outstanding in previous games.

Serviceable but not best on the ground by any measures,

If he continues to impress and is making a difference then perhaps discuss a 2 year deal.

3 years is too long

Yes he scored 2 excellent goals but I personally don't think he was outstanding in previous games.

If he continues to impress and is making a difference then perhaps discuss a 2 year deal.

3 years is too long

err....

while i somewhat agree with the rest of your post....

those 2 strikes alone were enough for Best on Ground

our defence and keeper were a shambles, and our players in the final third were either anonymous or wayward. 

Him and Mass were our best 2 on the day by far.

3 years is too long

err....

our defence and keeper were a shambles, and our players in the final third were either anonymous or wayward. 

I apologise, my comments relating to him being serviceable were meant for his previous games this year, not this game.

On Sunday he was great and a clear stand out from the rest

3 years is too long

err....

I apologise, my comments relating to him being serviceable were meant for his previous games this year, not this game.

On Sunday he was great and a clear stand out from the rest

All good...

I would agree that he hasnt been outstanding in previous games, but who has? 

i think he will only improve and hopefully this is a sign of things to come  :up:

• Like 1

Andrea is not crash hot that's why he has spent most of his time in Serie C. He is no Oh-No, or Broich or Miller but in our team he's better than Germano coz he can take the field and what's more important he's prepared to have a crack at goal which many of our kents have been tooooo shy to try. Migliorini is competent but not outstanding and not the really creative player we desperately need in midfield but I'll have him for now because he scores and that drives confidence in the whole team and JA should kiss his arse. Sorry for the colourful language :)

Named A-League player of the week:

It was an intriguing Round Eight of the Hyundai A-League, but one player stood out in this week’s Team of the Week.

It was a cagey week, with only three goals scored in the first four games. The amazing 3-3 draw between Melbourne Heart and Adelaide United brought Round 8 to life and this week’s star performer was central to the drama.

Player of the Week: Andrea Miglorini

It was a twist of fate that landed Andrea Miglorini at Melbourne Heart. The creative midfielder was trialling at Sydney FC while they were on their tour of Italy, but with their quota of overseas players filled, Heart pounced when Orlando Engelaar was injured in pre-season. They will be thankful for that after Miglorini’s star turn in their pulsating 3-3 draw with Adelaide United. It was the nature of the comeback that could spark Heart’s season and Miglorini’s spectacular double was the focus. His first goal was a screamer out of the top drawer. From 30 yards, the Udinese youth player looked up and hit a swerving, arrowing shot past Eugene Galekovic into the top corner. That made the score 1-2, but when Aziz Behich cut the ball back to the edge of the area ten minutes later, Miglorini hit a sensational volley to level the scores.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/news-display/team-of-the-week-%7C-round-eight/79675

Edited by LR9

Migliorini stakes claim for new deal

5 December 2013

Philip Micallef

Andrea Migliorini, the Italian journeyman who scored two heart-warming gems at the weekend, said he hopes he has done enough to earn a contract with his latest club.

Migliorini, who is on a three-month injury-replacement deal with Melbourne Heart, played a key role in a 3-3 draw with Adelaide United.

After beating Eugene Galekovic with a dipping and swerving shot from outside the penalty area, the polished midfielder scored again with an even better first-time shot that lifted the roof of the net.

”I usually dream of such goals,” Migliorini said.

”Everybody raved about my first goal because I hit it from a long way off but my second strike was more difficult because the ball was bouncing when it came to me and I could not place it with side of my foot.

”I have scored some similar goals over the years to be honest but never have I done so in such an important match.”

Migliorini, who has a tattoo on his chest that reads 'Home Sweet Home', has been one of Heart's most consistent performers this season but he knows that unless he is offered a proper deal he will have to make his way home to Mestre in northern Italy.

”It is not up to me to say if I deserve a new contract or not,” Migliorini said.

”What I can say is that you are under great pressure when you play under a short-term contract because if you have a couple of poor games you might compromise your chances (of earning a contract).

”I have given everything I've got and the 'mister' (coach John Aloisi) obviously sees something good in me and has faith in me because he picks me all the time.”

Migliorini said he hoped that the fighting draw with Adelaide would prove to be the turning point of Heart's disappointing season

Heart has yet to win a game in 2013-2014 and is bottom of the league but Migliorini said the whole team showed its true potential to come back from a two-goal deficit to take the lead against Adelaide before conceding an own goal.

”We all agreed after the Adelaide game that our second-half performance showed quite clearly what we can do,” he explained.

”We did not play all that badly in some other games but that second half lifted a mental barrier that was stopping us from playing at our best.

”When you don't win games you play with fear and under pressure.

”So the message is clear: from now on we have to be similarly motivated and brave and I'm sure the results will come.”

Migliorini said he and his teammates are all behind Aloisi in his battle to save Heart's season.

As soon as he scored the first goal Migliorini ran straight at Aloisi to embrace his embattled coach.

”That goal was for him because I believe that with the situation at the club not being the best fingers are being pointed at him, same as happens everywhere else,” he said.

”By embracing him I wanted to show that the whole squad is behind him because he is a smart coach and a great person and we all have the utmost faith in him.

”The negative results are not his fault, after all.”

Heart's next game is away to Western Sydney Wanderers on Saturday.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/melbourne-heart/news/1175409/Migliorini-stakes-claim-for-new-deal

Edited by Murfy1

Isn't Andrea a girls name?

Not in Italy, but in the rest of the world, yes.

From Wikipedia:

In the year 2006, it was the third most popular name in Italy with 3.1% of newborns.[1] It is one of the Italian male names ending in a, with others being Elia (Elias), Enea (Aeneas), Luca(Lucas), Mattia (Matthias), Nicola (Nicholas), Tobia (Tobias). Outside of Italy, the name is generally considered a female name.

Likewise Simone is a female name except in Italy.

Simone - pronounced see-MAW-ne - is also the Italian spelling of the male given name, Simon; the Italian feminine form is Simona.