Melbourne Football

Andrea Migliorini

kingofhearts

Anyone know when the next training session is? I might swing by.

So far so good with Migliorini. I haven't seen him play, but if we were to sign him tomorrow, I wouldn't be against it as all reports have been promising.

It's always a bit of guesswork and luck involved for me. I think they're playing on Friday. Today's session was a pretty light one. So I'd expect a big session either tomorrow or Thursday, and I'd be guessing tomorrow. But there's every chance you'll turn up and it's empty.

They don't mind people turning up to watch, but given they don't advertise training times, I'm reluctant to post any details I know on a public forum out of respect to the club's policy. Not that I really know anything. But as a general rule, I think it's reasonable not to post things that you think the club might want kept out of the public eye. Like if Harry Kewell tweaks a hamstring for example. (Which he didn't by the way.)

I saw an incident last year where Tadic got frustrated at training, complained about all sorts of shit, and booted the ball away during a drill. Really petulant. Aloisi stopped the session and tore strips off him, quite rightly IMO, and then stormed off. It was pretty interesting, and you can get little clues about the personalities of certain players. But I can tell that story now because he's not at the club anymore. And despite some talent, I'm not so concerned about losing Tadic because his attitude and workrate seemed pretty questionable to me.

Another thing is how the players interact with each other. The couple of times I've watched Kewell previously, he's been fairly quiet, kept to himself a bit. And because of the loss of some established players, training seemed quieter, and without a great sense of commeraderie earlier. But today, and I guess since being named captain, Kewell was much louder and imposed his personality more. Kisnorbo looks like he fits in really well. And the overall 'vibe' seemed better.

Have you seen Kalmar and Weilaert running at all? or are they still off their feet?

If Kalmar is injured we need more Kalmar's Corner tbh

Edited by Dylan

Looks like Kalmar's doing rehab and not training yet. I think he's doing physio and maybe some running. Dont know what he's injury was, but there's nothing obvious. He's not on crutches or anything. Didn't see Wielardt at all today.

Really can't imagine robbie being ready come round 1. Not quite the need to rush back with Paddy K rescuing us.

Looks like Kalmar's doing rehab and not training yet. I think he's doing physio and maybe some running. Dont know what he's injury was, but there's nothing obvious. He's not on crutches or anything. Didn't see Wielardt at all today.

Fucking Kalmar should've been moved on at the end of last season. He's damaged goods. Never healthy for a long enough period of time to string games together and show us what he's capable of.

Fucking Kalmar should've been moved on at the end of last season. He's damaged goods. Never healthy for a long enough period of time to string games together and show us what he's capable of.

:redcard:

Slightly harsh. Was a clear yellow though.

Care to explain to me why Kalmar deserves to continue playing with heart without using the term 'potential'?

Edited by kingofhearts

Kalmar does seem to be too injury prone. Its unfortunate though as he is a very good player.

I agree about Tadic, he seemed to come across like he thought the HAL was beneath him, even though he hadn't proved anything even to this day. With attitudes like that, we don't need such players.

Edited by Heart_fan

I shouldn't have said anything. Can we not turn this into a 'so and so should be delisted' thread? The season starts soon, he's one of our players, so get behind him. If he's delisted at the end of the year, then you can enjoy telling us that you were right.

Look, it's a valid opinion, but it's been expressed a bit lately. When you consider that no one would be more frustrated than Kalmar, or any of our other players who's careers have been interrupted by injury, and that for them, it concerns their livelihoods, not just a supporter's frustration at not winning games. I find it a bit disrespectful that they become the focus of supporters desire to vent when they're not trying to get injured - they're the victims who might have their careers finished, often through bad luck, when they've clearly got the ability to be playing at this level.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 5

Kalmar does seem to be too injury prone. Its unfortunate though as he is a very good player.

I agree about Tadic, he seemed to come across like he thought the HAL was beneath him, even though he hadn't proved anything even to this day. With attitudes like that, we don't need such players.

I liked the man from the stands but it was clear he was unpopular amongst the squad - Which is never a good sign.

I think Josip was upset how his career had gone backwards since he was such a promising younger man TBH.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Slightly harsh. Was a clear yellow though.

Hahahahha, well played.

Love this idea. Provides massive flexibility for Aloisi. Can now play Murdocca paired with either Migliorini or Gerhardt. Gerhardt and Kisnorbo at the back is tantilising. 

I read a short bit on him that he may have played in Serie B on a few loan deals last season, but promising none the less. 

I also hope he plays really well and puts pressure on the Club to make a crunch decision on whether to shuffle mid season. Unlike with Madaschi, if he fits well and is commanding a spot, Germano's spot should be strongly considered. 

He's Venetian, I'm jumping on board.

Shut up

He's very average and sadly will never be A-League standard. Should have been cut in S1 and yet he's still around in S4.

Amazed as to how Taseski got the boot and he didn't.

• Like 2

Shut up

He's very average and sadly will never be A-League standard. Should have been cut in S1 and yet he's still around in S4.

Kalmar probably didn't get the boot after our 1st season because he effectively won us 2 matches (and we only won 8 matches that season), specifically our first win and our away win against the Newcastle Jets (which also included a superfluous Sibon penalty late in injury time, leading to a 2-0 win).

This is a big season for Kalmar, as it is for effectively every Heart player that wasn't released at the end of last season. We'll see what he is capable of.

Edited by Murfy1

Fucking Kalmar should've been moved on at the end of last season. He's damaged goods. Never healthy for a long enough period of time to string games together and show us what he's capable of. :redcard: Shut up

Kalmar probably didn't get the boot after our 1st season because he effectively won us 2 matches (and we only won 8 matches that season), specifically our first win and our away win against the Newcastle Jets (which also included a superfluous Sibon penalty late in injury time, leading to a 2-0 win).

This is a big season for Kalmar, as it is for effectively every Heart player that wasn't released at the end of last season. We'll see what he is capable of.

And Germano too, you'd think that if Migliorini turns out great they would do a visa swap

• Like 1

Heart close in on Italian midfielder

By David Manuca

Sep 18 2013 13:33

MELBOURNE Heart are on the verge of signing an Italian midfielder as an injury replacement for marquee man Orlando Engelaar.

Engelaar, 34, broke his femur only 30 minutes in to his first hit-out as a Melbourne Heart player against Brisbane Roar last month. 

The injury was severe enough to force Heart to chase a short-term replacement outside of the salary cap, with Italian Andrea Migliorini set to fill that spot.

The 25-year-old was brought up through the Udinese youth system and has had stints at clubs in the Serie B and Serie C in Italy.  

He was part of the Heart squad that faced Perth Glory last Saturday, and impressed enough in his cameo for Heart to look at signing him on a short-term deal.

Coach John Aloisi heaped praise on the midfielder and reckons he’ll be a good fit for the A-League. 

“Andrea played 60 minutes over in Perth after just jumping off the plane two days before hand and performed really well,” said Aloisi.

“He’s a good talented player and he grew up at Udinese so he’s got good schooling. I think he’ll do well in the A-League.”

Aloisi also said he is happy with the way the squad has shaped up three weeks out from the start of the season. 

“This is it, this is the squad we are gonna have going in to the season and I’m happy with the balance we’ve got,” Aloisi added.

“Of course it’s unlucky what happened to Orlando but we’ve moved on and I’m quite happy with the strength of the squad at the moment.”

Pending paperwork, Migliorini will be announced as Heart’s final off-season signing in the coming days.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/282549,heart-close-in-on-italian-midfielder.aspx

Edited by Murfy1

Heart close in on Italian midfielder

By David Manuca

Sep 18 2013 13:33

MELBOURNE Heart are on the verge of signing an Italian midfielder as an injury replacement for marquee man Orlando Engelaar.

Engelaar, 34, broke his femur only 30 minutes in to his first hit-out as a Melbourne Heart player against Brisbane Roar last month. 

The injury was severe enough to force Heart to chase a short-term replacement outside of the salary cap, with Italian Andrea Migliorini set to fill that spot.

The 25-year-old was brought up through the Udinese youth system and has had stints at clubs in the Serie B and Serie C in Italy.  

He was part of the Heart squad that faced Perth Glory last Saturday, and impressed enough in his cameo for Heart to look at signing him on a short-term deal.

Coach John Aloisi heaped praise on the midfielder and reckons he’ll be a good fit for the A-League. 

“Andrea played 60 minutes over in Perth after just jumping off the plane two days before hand and performed really well,” said Aloisi.

“He’s a good talented player and he grew up at Udinese so he’s got good schooling. I think he’ll do well in the A-League.”

Aloisi also said he is happy with the way the squad has shaped up three weeks out from the start of the season. 

“This is it, this is the squad we are gonna have going in to the season and I’m happy with the balance we’ve got,” Aloisi added.

“Of course it’s unlucky what happened to Orlando but we’ve moved on and I’m quite happy with the strength of the squad at the moment.”

Pending paperwork, Migliorini will be announced as Heart’s final off-season signing in the coming days.

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/282549,heart-close-in-on-italian-midfielder.aspx

Good stuff!

Really happy with all of our dealings over the off-season, a big congratulations to Heart HQ for all of their outstanding work bringing all of these quality signings in. 

Now it's up to Aloisi and the players to deliver the goods!

• Like 5