Melbourne Football

Andrea Migliorini

kingofhearts

Great news if we sign Andrea.

Overall, not too stressed about pre-season form at this stage. No point peaking too early anyway, but even more importantly, we have several players who are now joining the squad who can add to areas we have been struggling with. Hope it goes well.

No point peaking too early, but there is a point to performing early.

If we perform early in the season, we'll get a bigger crowd, which would help lift the players even more and it'd probably set 5 game memberships alight for those who hadn't already signed up for the season.

Looks like Kalmar's doing rehab and not training yet. I think he's doing physio and maybe some running. Dont know what he's injury was, but there's nothing obvious. He's not on crutches or anything. Didn't see Wielardt at all today.

Fucking Kalmar should've been moved on at the end of last season. He's damaged goods. Never healthy for a long enough period of time to string games together and show us what he's capable of.

:redcard:

Shut up

He's very average and sadly will never be A-League standard. Should have been cut in S1 and yet he's still around in S4.

Amazed as to how Taseski got the boot and he didn't.

Hey bro taseski didn't get the boot, he fucked his foot and pursued his studies after.

Not having a dig at ya just FYI

Looks like Kalmar's doing rehab and not training yet. I think he's doing physio and maybe some running. Dont know what he's injury was, but there's nothing obvious. He's not on crutches or anything. Didn't see Wielardt at all today.

Fucking Kalmar should've been moved on at the end of last season. He's damaged goods. Never healthy for a long enough period of time to string games together and show us what he's capable of.

:redcard:

Shut up

He's very average and sadly will never be A-League standard. Should have been cut in S1 and yet he's still around in S4.

Hey bro taseski didn't get the boot, he fucked his foot and pursued his studies after.

No, he got healthy again, and his contract wasn't extended.

Had a chat to him at AAMI last year before a game he came to watch... Good bloke.

Fucking Kalmar should've been moved on at the end of last season. He's damaged goods. Never healthy for a long enough period of time to string games together and show us what he's capable of. :redcard:

Shut up

No, he got healthy again, and his contract wasn't extended.

Had a chat to him at AAMI last year before a game he came to watch... Good bloke.

Well then I stand corrected

Announced on Facebook as our final signing. No mention of being an injury replacement.

I spoke to JA earlier and the impression I got was as an injury replacement, didn't actually say those words though.

I agree that flat out, Migliorini is an injury replacement. But I do think the club will be very careful to pigeon hole him to that role on the basis that if he plays well then they may want to keep him on.

Twist of fate brings Migliorini to Heart

25 September 2013-SBS: Philip Micallef

Italian midfielder Andrea Migliorini said he was grateful to Melbourne Heart for giving him an opportunity to revive his stagnant career.

But the man who spent most of his career in Italy's lower divisions also revealed he could so easily have ended up with Sydney FC.

Migliorini, 25, became Heart's newest signing when he agreed to a short-term deal to replace injured Dutchman Orlando Engelaar, who broke his leg in a pre-season trial match.

”In Italy it is getting harder to find a team in the lower divisions because there is a general push for young players,” Migliorini said.

”So I played the last European season with Slovenian club Koper but when the club ran into financial difficulties, I ended up without a team.

”I come from Iesolo and it just happened that Sydney were touring Italy at the time and were based in my hometown.

”One day Sydney asked me to play for them because they needed a player for a trial match.

”I played in a few trials and did well and I was asked by coach Frank Farina to train with the team because they wanted to have a look at me.

”I even stayed at the team's hotel and at the end of Sydney's tour I was hoping to go to Australia with them as a player.

”Farina had told me he liked my play but apparently the club had filled its quota of visa players and no deal was possible.”

So how did he end up at Heart?

Enter former Australia stalwart Vince Grella, who is now an Italy-based agent.

”Grella was a spectator at some of our games and he got in touch with some acquaintances at Melbourne Heart and he recommended me,” he said.

”Heart thankfully needed a player replacement so it was a great opportunity for me and I took it with both hands.

”It was a situation born out of favourable circumstances, basically. That's the story.”

Migliorini said he was looking forward to his three-month stint with Heart even though he admitted he is somewhat behind his future teammates in terms of general fitness.

”I have not done much pre-season this year so I'm a bit behind,” Migliorini said.

”The Heart squad has two and a half months of pre-season behind it and I am struggling at the moment. Training is hard here.

”I had 10 days of training with Sydney in Italy but not much more after that which is why I'm not sure if I'll be ready for our first league match.

”But there is two more full weeks left before the season starts so we'll have to wait and see.”

Migliorini said he was confident of adapting to a new team in a new country mainly because of the level of professionalism he has seen since he arrived in Australia.

”I already feel very happy here, the professionalism at the club is very hard to find, even in Italy's Serie A,” he said.

”The club is very well organised and players are looked after.

”The players are all fantastic people, the coaches too. I could not have asked for more in my first experience in Australia.

”In other words it's like living a dream here.”

Migliorini said he essentially was a creative central midfielder, which is the role he has played in for most of his career in Italy's second and third divisions.

”I am what we in Italy call a 'regista', a playmaker,” he explained.

”I have always played in a three-man midfield in front of the defence.”

Heart's first A-League match is the derby against Melbourne Victory on Saturday 12 October.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1168419/Twist-of-fate-brings-Migliorini-to-Heart

Edited by Murfy1

"Training is hard here"

Also, I get the sense that it has been drilled into Migliorini that he has to be super fit, or he won't get played: "I had 10 days of training with Sydney in Italy but not much more after that which is why I'm not sure if I'll be ready for our first league match. But there is two more full weeks left before the season starts so we'll have to wait and see".

Maybe our players are being run ragged at training. I do remember that Aloisi and co. have said that they'd like to do more fitness work this season.

Migliorini sounds like a good player, and just what we need, a 'regista'. Hopefully he survives training.

• 3 weeks later...

Germano MKII, non-injured edition.

Very impressed with this boy, very sound defensively, dropped backed and played sweeper a few times.

Saved Wieleart's ass at least twice after he'd decided to drift wide and get in Aziz's way...

Will be interesting to see what happens once Orlando is back. Wishing it = the end off Hoff.

• Like 1

Any player finds it hard to adapt to the game played in a derby, but him and massimo together it was just something I haven't seen at heart in a long time. The work rate, harassment on the opposition players. Was just really good to watch

Agree, along with Kewell it was the best midfield performance from our team since season 1

Any player finds it hard to adapt to the game played in a derby, but him and massimo together it was just something I haven't seen at heart in a long time. The work rate, harassment on the opposition players. Was just really good to watch

Agree, along with Kewell it was the best midfield performance from our team since season 1

It was actually weird watching a MHFC side with a potent Central Midfield wasn't?