Melbourne Football

Round 1 - Heart v Victory

heartrate

I spent half a game on Level 3 last year, and it's not that bad. It lacks atmosphere, but it's better for viewing the game. And you're not really surrounded by mongs. There were Heart fans scattered around and I think a lot of the people up there are basically theatre goers there for the event and fairly neutral towards the teams. So don't worry if level 1 sells out. Get GA and get more red and white up there. I'll be getting a few GA tickets and I know a few others who are doing the same. 

Edited by Sash

Can completely understand why some call it Shitihad for watching football but geez lets pack it out with Red&White and make a statement. I'll be there in Level 3 taking along 4 others and just about persuaded another one today at lunchtime football to come as well. Just doin' my bit :up:

• Like 1

If people with GA tickets can get there early and fill the first couple of rows in bays 17 - 20, or whatever it is, we can probably keep an eye on anyone on level 2 who wants to start throwing stuff at our people on level 1.

Will Etihad pay us to do security's job for them?

FFS knew I should not have been lazy and got tickets early. Annoying when me and my brother are paid members and flogs who only go to derbies will be sitting where we should be. So do you guys reckon we are best to buy GA level 3 bays 17-20????

im buying GA tickets today and will just sneak into the away bay. Did it last year just walk through with confidence or just put yourself in the middle of a few people.

• Like 1

Derby #10 for me and the boys - time flies hey  :)

First time on level 1 at Etihad, normally get GA on 3 get there early and sit on the wing,

But decided to join the heart faithful in bay 17.

This bay will sell out, but doubt the game will with the derby premium prices.

Heart and soul count in Victory pursuit as derby clash looms on the horizon

David Davutovic Herald Sun October 04, 2013 10:07 PM

FORMER Melbourne Heart coach John vant Schip and new assistant Gerard Nus hope to plot the downfall of Melbourne Victory next weekend.

Spaniard Nus arrived in Melbourne this week to start his role as assistant alongside Hayden Foxe, while Van’t Schip began his job as technical manager last week.

Nus, who was head of academy at English Championship club Brighton last season and with Gus Poyet was part of Rafa Benitez’s staff when Liverpool coach, will also help run Heart’s soon-to-be-formed college of football.

Foxe travelled to Hobart to watch Victory’s 3-0 win against Western Sydney last Sunday and the coaching staff has spent the past few days watching DVDs of Victory’s pre-season games to determine the game plan for the Etihad Stadium derby.

Both clubs have tried to keep the tail-end of their preparations secret with Victory playing recent friendlies against Newcastle Jets and Adelaide United behind closed doors at AAMI Park.

Heart cancelled yesterday’s intraclub match and held a normal training session instead.

Coach John Aloisi said retaining possession would be one of the key factors next Saturday at Etihad Stadium.

“We’ve got a fair idea of how Victory play, we’ve been working a bit on that this week and we’ll do more next week," he said.

“We know they are a very good side, good passing and movement and, if you don’t press them right, they’ll outplay you and end up at the other end very quickly in front of goal.

“We’ll have to make sure we’re organised and, secondly, when we have the ball we can keep it and create problems for Victory. We feel we’ll be better having the ball and not allowing Victory to dictate the game. We want to be able to control the game better than them.

“They have some players missing (Kosta Barbarouses and Mark Milligan), but normally the players that come in do exactly the same role for Ange (Postecoglou), so we’re quite confident

that not much will change come Round 1 with what they’ve been doing in preseason."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/heart-and-soul-count-in-victory-pursuit-as-derby-clash-looms-on-horizon/story-fnii0g4g-1226733247663

Edited by Murfy1

Spaniard Nus arrived in Melbourne this week to start his role as assistant alongside Hayden Foxe

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/football/heart-and-soul-count-in-victory-pursuit-as-derby-clash-looms-on-horizon/story-fnii0g4g-1226733247663

Say what???

Apparently this guy: http://gerardnus.com/background.php

Sounds like a pretty good coach. As the article says, he was the head of the academy at Brighton and apart of Benitez's coaching team at Liverpool, so he should bring a good amount of coaching quality to Heart.

Heart said they'd do more regarding our coaching department, so I'm pretty pleased with the appointments of Nus as assistant coach and JVS as technical director. Also, Aloisi has absolutely no excuses if he doesn't get results now.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 3

Pretty amazed by what the club has achieved in the off season. After looking like easy beats last season we've strengthened the player roster and now the coaching side. It's really an acknowledgement that we fucked up when appointing JA/Foxe without proper support. These were raw coaches and were thrown in to the HAL without life vests. Kudos to the club for trying to give JA help without instantly burning him up. Finishing in the top half of the ladder surely must be a reasonable expectation.