Melbourne Football

Round 1 - Heart v Victory

heartrate

The thing that sticks out for me is why would you sign an injury replacement if you never intended to play him. Ergo,

Redmayne

Walker - Gerhardt - Kisnorbo - Behich

Migliorini - Murdocca

Kewell

Dugandzic - Williams - Ramsay

BENCH: Velaphi - Vrankovic - Germano - Mebrahtu - Hoffman

They will probably play him but JA was concerned about his fitness levels since he came in late. Wouldnt be suprised if the first few weeks he was used off the bench. 

Id say it will go like this

Walker   Wielaert  Kisnorbo    Behich

Murdocca  Gerhardt

Kewell

Mate           Williams             Ramsay

Bench: Migliorini  Mebrahtu  Vranks  Tando  probably Hoffmann cause there is noone else. 

When JA said Wielaert is naturally very fit i think he ment it wont take him long to be at full fitness. So Ill think he will play. With williams blasting over the bar about 5 times during the game

Edited by Dylan

The thing that sticks out for me is why would you sign an injury replacement if you never intended to play him. Ergo,

Redmayne

Migliorini - Murdocca

Kewell

They will probably play him but JA was concerned about his fitness levels since he came in late. Wouldnt be suprised if the first few weeks he was used off the bench. 

Murdocca  Gerhardt

Kewell

Bench: Migliorini  Mebrahtu  Vranks  Tando  probably Hoffmann cause there is noone else. 

When JA said Wielaert is naturally very fit i think he ment it wont take him long to be at full fitness. So Ill think he will play. With williams blasting over the bar about 5 times during the game

Although I enjoy Willo's enthusiastic attitude and his run like you stole it dashes, we need someone who can finish those rare chances we seem to get every now and then.

Willo's lack of composure is costly and he needs to work on that.

Hoping mifsud can put them away more regularly when he is finally playing for us.

Redmayne

Migliorini - Murdocca

Kewell

Murdocca  Gerhardt

Kewell

Although I enjoy Willo's enthusiastic attitude and his run like you stole it dashes, we need someone who can finish those rare chances we seem to get every now and then.

Willo's lack of composure is costly and he needs to work on that.

Hoping mifsud can put them away more regularly when he is finally playing for us.

The second choice CF after Mifsud: Gol Gol >>> Willow.

• Like 2

Predicting JA's Starting 11 early here:

Redmayne

Hoffman - Kisnorbo - Wielaert* - Behich

Murdocca - Gerhardt*

Dugandzic - Kewell - Williams

Mebrahtu

*Depending on Robbies fitness, otherwise PG at CB and Migliorini at CM.

Not overly filled with confidence, considering results...

Can't for the life of me understand why the cunt prefers Hoff over Walker. Walker is very solid and sound defensively, and plays very much the same roll that Marrone did, which compliments Behich on the other side.

Agree with your comment on Walker, he completely shut down Del Piero ffsHe won't play hoff at rb I think the preseason is just to teach him the position as much as possible so that if walker goes down we have another replacement.

Id say the intra club match after the frankston game will be the closest indication of the starting 11.

I'm starting to think preseason to ja is less about tactics and more about 'training' so to speak and that's why he has changed the team around a lot in the preseason. Rightly or wrongly we fill find out when the season starts. I think from what little indications we have JA's biggest concern is our second half fade outs so I'd say he has tailored the preseason around that by pushing everyone really hardDidn't PK play right back before? And hasn't Germano featured there for us to? Would prefer one of them playing there over the hoff tbh.

Edited by AlexDaGroza
  • Like 1

Redmayne

Migliorini - Murdocca

Kewell

With a team like that I can't believe we haven't won a single preseason game against an A-league club.

Can't see us having two defenders on the bench.

I agree, but who else is there? Kalmar might not be fit, no D-Mac, no Mifsud.

Which young player would you rather on the bench instead of Vranks or Weilaart against Victory, Mauk or Garuccio?

Edit: My initial thoughts regarding Vrankovic and Weilaart on the bench were that IF needed, Vrankovic could come on for Walker, but move Kisnorbo to the right and play Vranks in the centre. And Weilart could come on for Migliorini (since they're both lacking match fitness), but move Weilaart to the backline and Gerhardt in the midfield in place of Migliorini. Mind you, Aloisi doesn't have to use both of them, he can just make the latter change I explained.

Knowing Aloisi from last season, as soon as (if) we go up a goal, he'll try and play defensive to hold on to that lead so the extra defender on the bench might come in handy!  ;)

Edited by Red or Dead

Can't see us having two defenders on the bench.

I agree, but who else is there? Kalmar might not be fit, no D-Mac, no Mifsud.

Which young player would you rather on the bench instead of Vranks or Weilaart against Victory, Mauk or Garuccio?

Edit: My initial thoughts regarding Vrankovic and Weilaart on the bench were that IF needed, Vrankovic could come on for Walker, but move Kisnorbo to the right and play Vranks in the centre. And Weilart could come on for Migliorini (since they're both lacking match fitness), but move Weilaart to the backline and Gerhardt in the midfield in place of Migliorini. Mind you, Aloisi doesn't have to use both of them, he can just make the latter change I explained.

Knowing Aloisi from last season, as soon as (if) we go up a goal, he'll try and play defensive to hold on to that lead so the extra defender on the bench might come in handy!  ;)

Are Mauk and Garrucio overseas for the Young Socceroos for this match?

Wielaert fit for Melbourne Heart

David Davutovic Herald Sun October 01, 2013 12:00AM

EXPERIENCED Dutch defender Rob Wielaert will be fit for the Round 1 derby while midfielder Nick Kalmar is also trying to force his way into the squad after the pair returned to train with Melbourne Hearts main squad yesterday.

And Liberian Patrick Gerhardt should be fit for the October 12 clash at Etihad Stadium after he was cleared of serious injury after limping off in Friday’s friendly loss to Adelaide United. 

Coach John Aloisi could push Gerhardt into midfield against Victory with Wielaert to start alongside Patrick Kisnorbo in central defence, with Heart to test their likely XI in an intra-club later this week. 

While declaring Wielaert fit, Heart’s football operations manager John Didulica said exercise would be cautioned with Kalmar - who is returning from a calf strain - a player who showed some magical glimpses last season.

It leaves Jonatan Germano, Dylan Macallister (both hamstring) and Michael Mifsud (international duty) as the only players unavailable for the 2013-14 season opener. 

"Both had really physically taxing weeks last week with the rehab coach and rejoined the group today and went well,’’ Didulica said. 

"While Rob missed a chunk of preseason he will be available (for the derby) due to the nature of his injury, an ankle strain, plus the fact that he’s played some matches. 

"Nick we’ll keep monitoring this week and next week and see how he goes, but we need to be more cautious with how we manage him as he hasn’t played any preseason games. 

"Patrick (Gerhardt) will be fine for round one, he’ll have to take a few days off but he should be training by the end of the week.’’ 

Jeremy Walker, Sam Mitchinson and keeper Tando Velaphi were the only senior players who played as Heart beat a Peninsula Select XI 4-1 on Sunday in front of an impressive crowd of around 3000 in Frankston.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/wielaert-fit-for-melbourne-heart/story-fnibbvjo-1226730244929

Edited by Murfy1

Knowing Aloisi from last season, as soon as (if) we go up a goal, he'll try and play defensive to hold on to that lead so the extra defender on the bench might come in handy! ;)

I agree with you about his defensive methods last year

I'd much rather we pushed forward to extend the lead then park the bus trying to hold on to 1 goal lead.

It has never worked for us and we got crunched every time.

Go forward, score again or loose trying to score, pls don't go all defensive.

I despise this tactic!

we pushed against the trend vs roar last year at AAMI and finished 4:1 up so it can be done

Edited by Jestr

I've got 2 lectures and a practice exam the day after the derby. I won't be drinking. It'll be my first derby that I've been sober at.

If we win though...months of hard work at school will be undone when I flood my body with extreme amounts of alcohol.

I am so excited.

I understand the practice exam part,

But I honestly believe Ghod created lectures for nursing hang overs. :up:

I've got 2 lectures and a practice exam the day after the derby. I won't be drinking. It'll be my first derby that I've been sober at.

If we win though...months of hard work at school will be undone when I flood my body with extreme amounts of alcohol.

I am so excited.

Never been aware of another practical reason for lecture honestly.

I am so excited.

I did Arts,

So another reason was working out who were the more attractive gals taking the course, :up:

And then working out on how to befriend them so you could get lifts home, do FA in group projects, copy their notes, look over their essays and be seen with them around Uni to show off to your mates. :up:

Yep - I was a pretty lazy and shit student.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

I am so excited.

I did Arts,

So another reason was working out who were the more attractive gals taking the course, :up:

And then working out on how to befriend them so you could get lifts home, do FA in group projects, copy their notes, look over their essays and be seen with them around Uni to show off to your mates. :up:

Yep - I was a pretty lazy and shit student.

Nothing about that says 'shit student'.  ;)

I am so excited.

Mate i feel your pain. Normally im already plastered by 5pm, but this derby i have to be a good boy and keep it to a couple of drinks as the misses is due around that time .Last thing id want is to be spastic drunk (like i noramlly am) for the birth if she goes into labor that night.

Looking on the bright side though.

At least i more then likely will watch the full game and wont get kicked out for the 3rd time....

hopefully

• Like 2

"But Victory, already without Mark Milligan, who will be on Socceroos duty in Europe, learnt yesterday it will also miss new striker Kosta Barbarouses. 

The 23-year-old will be required for a New Zealand friendly against a CONCACAF opponent yet to be named."

This is good news. Now let's hope Archie pulls a hammy during the warm-up! haha

Oh my dear - so we're trying to teach Hoffman to be a right back.  So why didn't we sign a decent right back instead of resigning Hoffman?  The standard of the A League looks to have leaped ahead from last season. West Sydney Wanderers have just signed Spiranovic. Yet we still have players in our squad like Hoffman who were not up to it last season.  

Oh my dear - so we're trying to teach Hoffman to be a right back.  So why didn't we sign a decent right back instead of resigning Hoffman?  The standard of the A League looks to have leaped ahead from last season. West Sydney Wanderers have just signed Spiranovic. Yet we still have players in our squad like Hoffman who were not up to it last season.  

yep this is what has pissed me off the most

i don't care if he plays there for a few games if we had our 1st and 2nd choice RBs injured/suspended but if he is genuinely our 2nd choice, then something is wrong

• Like 1

We already have a decent RB. No need to teach the Hoffman. I am certainly expecting him to be beyond teaching too.

I am so excited.

Pussy

rofl kk mate u obv dont know who i am

bought tickets in aisle 10 as there is barely any tickets left, would the tickets in aisle 10 be reasonably close to any of the heart faithful?! dont want to be sorrounded by too many clueless yobo victory supporters..

Which bay?